What's new

What do y'all use to wash moustache wax out?

Usually I use Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, but my stache is a minor one. I only use a little wax to keep the wild hairs tamed.

Pine tar soap is one solution

GLycerin worked into the wax will break it down and a facial cleanser wil finish the job.

I believe you use HairGum Barber Shop Wax. I've found Cremo Beard and face wash to work very well.

I believe you use HairGum Barber Shop Wax. I've found Cremo Beard and face wash to work very well.

Yes, I've been using HGBS, but it's time to order some more and I've been thinking of trying something somthing different. I would guess that Cremo product might work on anything based on beeswax. Does that sound right?

Try working some olive oil into it before washing it. If that takes Murray's pomade out of your hair (and it does), it'll clean up your moustache and beard too. Marco had a post about that in a pomade thread some time ago.

By the end of the day there is not much left, it seems to either get adsorbed or wears off, but I never worry about it.

Just wash normally, never had an issues with too much product remaining in my mustache.

strop

Now half as wise
By the end of the day there is not much left, it seems to either get adsorbed or wears off, but I never worry about it.

Just wash normally, never had an issues with too much product remaining in my mustache.

Same here. Some days it feels like there is a little wax left from the day before, and some days I start all over. Can't tell much difference. Some days it behaves, and some days it doesn't!

In the shower I use Head & Shoulders 2in1 shampoo to get 'stache wax out, because that's what SWMBO keeps on hand. I work it through the 'stache with a nail brush. After the shower and shaving (always in the evening), I'll apply a bit of Bueteaful [sic] beard & mustache balm for overnight.
proxy.php

I mostly use a home-brew wax that is 50/50 beeswax and coconut oil, and to get it off my fingers I squirt on some Purell-type hand sanitizer goo, rub it around, maybe add soap, and rinse. The alcohol content must be what does the job, because soap alone doesn't work.

If all I've used is Clubman wax, then I just rinse with water.

Top Bottom