What's new

What do we actually know about the Parker Safety Razors?

Hi,

Bear with me for a second here. Giving in to my RAD, I'm looking and doing research on the next razor. Parker has somewhat caught my eye. But, unlike Mühle or Merkur, where we know everything, from where they are located, to basically a lot of the manufacturing process, we know nothing about Parker.
The only sources I found was Mantic59's short talk with mr Howie, who is a brand co-owner and a Parker distributor, and that the owner is mr Deepak Grover. On their site, you can't find anything for contact except of social media buttons. Now, Googling them, the only thing I found was a plumber fitting company. Nothing. Basically the only thing we know of Parker is when they hit the shelves at stores.

Another disclaimer: I am NOT into bashing a product, I'll probably order one this week, just would like to know more.

Does anybody know anything more than that it is an Indian company, with Deepak Grover and SuperSafetyRazors as co-owners and anything else... ?

Thanks.

What have you been googling?

Home • Parker Shaving
Seems you didn't quite read through the site. This is the only information available in the about us section:

For almost 50 years, Parker Safety Razor has been the gold standard for fine grooming supplies. Parker Safety Razor products are hand crafted and undergo extensive engineering and quality testing. A family-owned business, Parker Safety Razor produces products that are a reflection of our commitment to excellence and value. We use and enjoy our products just like our customers do, so we have pride in every product that is produced. This is our guarantee of quality to you.

• Our products are made with the finest materials available.
  • We select quality retailers that reflect our high standards of service.
  • We innovate and develop both classic and state of the art shaving products.
  • All products undergo extensive engineering and quality testing.
And that's it.

For instance, se Mühle's presentation: MÜHLE Shaving Culture | History | purchase online

As I said, this is in no way meant to undermine the product, just stating what kind of fills me with distrust a bit.

Parker's are made in India, and have been for years. Quality tends to the better side, though the few clunkers getting through get a lot of forum attention. I have a few Parker's, and many other brands/artisan offerings use Parker heads. No complaints from me.

Hi,

Bear with me for a second here. Giving in to my RAD, I'm looking and doing research on the next razor. Parker has somewhat caught my eye. But, unlike Mühle or Merkur, where we know everything, from where they are located, to basically a lot of the manufacturing process, we know nothing about Parker.
The only sources I found was Mantic59's short talk with mr Howie, who is a brand co-owner and a Parker distributor, and that the owner is mr Deepak Grover. On their site, you can't find anything for contact except of social media buttons. Now, Googling them, the only thing I found was a plumber fitting company. Nothing. Basically the only thing we know of Parker is when they hit the shelves at stores.

Another disclaimer: I am NOT into bashing a product, I'll probably order one this week, just would like to know more.

Does anybody know anything more than that it is an Indian company, with Deepak Grover and SuperSafetyRazors as co-owners and anything else... ?

Thanks.
Parker has an extremely long history, chronicles of its journey starting from QC issues in the initial days to them re-designing heads the molds, making QC changes and finally their mission variant are all easily found in the B&B searches right from the start. Senior members of this forum know their Parker razors and their journey too well. In Google use site:badgerandblade(dot)com Parker safety razors and read from as long back as 2006 - you'll have all the information you can seek on this razor brand. The first I brought was in 2009 the R22 interceptor razor - I was on the fence and saw it featured prominently in the 2009 TV series "Heroes" season 3 episode 20 "cold snap" at 01:00

I've bought several Parker razors since then and had awesome shaves.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

How it's made, where it's made, with what it's made...
In a nutshell Brass handles all except one model which is stainless steel. Straight Bar and Open comb razors made of chrome coated Zinc alloy ( like EJ and Merkur), TTOs made completely out of brass. Mostly mid aggressive razors - made in India. Chrome plating is not as uniform and consistent as EJ and Muhle or Merkur but the brass handles give them an edge at the price point .

They also make shave accessories like badger brush, shave mug and recently Parker DE blades. They also make a shavette which takes half DE razor blades.

Mods deleted my prior post for whatever reason, Google Deepak Enterprises in Delhi for contact. They're on Google Maps if any Indian readers care to make a house call.

Mods deleted my prior post for whatever reason, Google Deepak Enterprises in Delhi for contact. They're on Google Maps if any Indian readers care to make a house call.
I've given Deepak a couple of calls in the last decade. Oh never mind ! I went ahead and bought my Parker's from Connaught shipped to India !

I guess curiosity is a fun thing, knowing where they are manufactured. Honestly for me, I don’t care about whether it is India or China. Great razor in my Variant.

I did notice that they removed the made in India stamp when I bought a Variant for my son recently. Not sure why, could be anything.

I guess curiosity is a fun thing, knowing where they are manufactured. Honestly for me, I don’t care about whether it is India or China. Great razor in my Variant.

I did notice that they removed the made in India stamp when I bought a Variant for my son recently. Not sure why, could be anything.
Because they are pretty close in prices to the European brands? And people do have a negative perception of Indian made products.

Which is amusing given Merkur and Fatip reputation for QC issues. I've thus far had no issues with my Indian or Chinese sourced razors and I have quite a few.
Because they are pretty close in prices to the European brands? And people do have a negative perception of Indian made products.

Last edited:
I would only have a concern about exact location if there were reports of people not receiving razors they had paid for.

I guess I knew from this forum and others that Parker razors were manufactured in India long before they released the Variant. I think they would have come up with a different location if they intended to lie about that.

I would only have a concern about exact location if there were reports of people not receiving razors they had paid for.

I guess I knew from this forum and others that Parker razors were manufactured in India long before they released the Variant. I think they would have come up with a different location if they intended to lie about that.

And to clarify, that is not meant as a slight against goods made in India.

I’m a watch guy also and many manufacturers try in every way possible to say their watches are Swiss made when only a few parts come from there and are manufactured elsewhere.

Which is amusing given Merkur and Fatip reputation for QC issues. I've thus far had no issues with my Indian or Chinese sourced razors and I have quite a few.
Which would you recommend? I know their tech is grade A

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

And to clarify, that is not meant as a slight against goods made in India.

I’m a watch guy also and many manufacturers try in every way possible to say their watches are Swiss made when only a few parts come from there and are manufactured elsewhere.
And thats why i opened this thread

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom