What's new

What do u think of Williams?

Classic shave soap scent. Lathers fine for me. Slick enough.
However, it clogs my DE razors so I only use it with straights. Also, it isn't very moisturizing, kind of leaves the face dry.
It has its place, but that isn't anywhere near the top.
Just my honest opinion.

I think it's a great soap. I can get a creamy and slick lather out of it. There is a learning curve. Some hate it, some love it. It's not a world class soap, but it performs. The scent is great.

Can't find it anywhere anymore no matter what, so what I think of it doesn't really matter.

Having said that, I like the scent but didn't like that it took forever to lather.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Williams is a below-average soap for me, but that doesn't stop me from having three pucks in my stash as it is very slick indeed. :thumbup1:

I've been bashing Williams for years. I mostly did it because it was fun, but I think your answer is one of the best I've seen.

Saying it is below average doesn't mean that it sucks or that you think it sucks. In fact, it could be below average and still provide great shaves for many users.

So compared to other soaps it is below average, but could still be used successfully. Unless the price is in the realm of ridiculous, I don't even consider it when making a soap selection. Tabac, MWF, etc are all on the table for me when making comparisons. So there we have it, "Below Average". I like it.

Oh,

and

one

more

thing...

Williams still sucks. :lol:

Lots of blooming and load it like you hate it! It does take some patience.

I usually shave after a shower and cover a puck with a thin layer of warm water before you get into the shower. Plenty of time to bloom. I whip it up when I get out of the shower and then again after I dry off before I apply it and shave.
Still clogs up my DE razors though.
Never tried Arko. I'm leery of, and try to avoid, anything out of Turkey, Pakistan, China, or Mexico.

After getting the techniques down with other stuff I came back to it a few weeks ago and absolutely love it now. Plus it's so cheap and easy to get

I sometimes think Williams will make a good pre-shave.
I just rub the puck on my face and it adds slickness to any cream I lather.

IF I was forced to use the canned crap, then I would probably combine it with Williams puck.

To my opinion it's a good soap, The best no but it's a good soap. As soon i get it to lather The results are good, to my opinion if your on a budget it would be a good soap. I do understand that Some like it and some dont, but to me i like it and i used it a lots cause it serve me good.

I sometimes think Williams will make a good pre-shave.
I just rub the puck on my face and it adds slickness to any cream I lather.

IF I was forced to use the canned crap, then I would probably combine it with Williams puck.

Williams is actually a great soap base for a super or uber lather due to it's slickness.

Really? Maybe things are different in Canada. I have seen it in a brick-and-mortar store exactly once.
Online, though, it is still readily available.

Apparently, it's gone into limited distribution and it used to be more available in Canada but you can still find it at Walmart so it's very easy to get still.

Top Bottom