What's new

what do u guys think of my sweet haul. a diamond in the rough

Not a bad little hodge podge there.

Decent price with some meat on the bone still.

Mr. glasgowgoodies would so much better with some nicer pictures and more detailed descriptions.
He tends to take the same photo from different angles sometimes. No different sides or inside- outside shots.

It's always a tingle for me to want and bid on his stuff. Something I see always rubs me the wrong way. Either a missing piece, a oddly placed valuable set hidden behind some run of the mill thing.

He has a solid rep as a an ebay seller. Sometimes his BIN prices are steep. He never over sells what he's presenting though. No calling a superspeed an executive or calling a ratty old tech NOS.

I imagine that depending on what you decide to keep or what all you want to sell you'll do fine.

Just a word about packaging. This seller goes lightyears out of his way to wrap and pack items he sells. Be prepared for unwrapping rage. I once bought a set and it arrived a la Russian doll wrapped. It was then packed into a box and seated in with newspaper, old grocery bags, and packing tape with the string embedded in it.

When I finally unearthed the bundle my item was cocooned in I had to find a box cutter. It was in a plastic shopping bag, wrapped in newsprint, bound with tape, and encircled with another type of tape in so much as not a single square inch of newsprint was exposed.

I took great care in sliding the blade of the box cutter to its lowest exposure and began a long process of peeling an onion.

Eventually I got into the rich creamy center.

One seller that takes shipping valuables and fragile items dead serious. :001_cool:

Let's see some close up when they come in!

Congrats.........the per item price is not too bad. Now the long wait..............have you noticed how time slows down for a few days after an ebay win?

Good little instant collection! I know a few forum members that would like to have that bottle of Gillette Sun-up AS. The Spoiler blades will be a special treat for you, and I wouldn't mind having those Super Blue blades, either. Congrats!

IMO thats a red dot case with a normal fatboy. therefore i thought hmmm maybe you can snag one more but price was to high for this game..

how can you tell the difference?

I'd also be curious to know this.

I wonder what kind of condition the late 40s SS is in. Too bad they don't have the box open to see.

Oh, and if you plan to sell the bottle of Sun-up, I'm in the market for such a thing. ;)

Attachments

• $000 Fatboy case.jpg
    $000 Fatboy case.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
IMO thats a red dot case with a normal fatboy. therefore i thought hmmm maybe you can snag one more but price was to high for this game..

that is the reason that i bought this lot. i needed a case to go wth my Red Dot so i was hoping toget this one chea enough. what i think would e cool is if there was a Red Dot in the case already but i had the same idea that u do, that its just a reg fatboy....... we shall see

I'd also be curious to know this.

I wonder what kind of condition the late 40s SS is in. Too bad they don't have the box open to see.

Oh, and if you plan to sell the bottle of Sun-up, I'm in the market for such a thing. ;)

im gonna keep the Sun-up sorry. thats part of the travel set which i dont have so there is no way i can get rid of it. i have also never smelled the Sun-up before so im kinda excited to try it.

Not a bad little hodge podge there.

Decent price with some meat on the bone still.

Mr. glasgowgoodies would so much better with some nicer pictures and more detailed descriptions.
He tends to take the same photo from different angles sometimes. No different sides or inside- outside shots.

It's always a tingle for me to want and bid on his stuff. Something I see always rubs me the wrong way. Either a missing piece, a oddly placed valuable set hidden behind some run of the mill thing.

He has a solid rep as a an ebay seller. Sometimes his BIN prices are steep. He never over sells what he's presenting though. No calling a superspeed an executive or calling a ratty old tech NOS.

I imagine that depending on what you decide to keep or what all you want to sell you'll do fine.

Just a word about packaging. This seller goes lightyears out of his way to wrap and pack items he sells. Be prepared for unwrapping rage. I once bought a set and it arrived a la Russian doll wrapped. It was then packed into a box and seated in with newspaper, old grocery bags, and packing tape with the string embedded in it.

When I finally unearthed the bundle my item was cocooned in I had to find a box cutter. It was in a plastic shopping bag, wrapped in newsprint, bound with tape, and encircled with another type of tape in so much as not a single square inch of newsprint was exposed.

I took great care in sliding the blade of the box cutter to its lowest exposure and began a long process of peeling an onion.

Eventually I got into the rich creamy center.

One seller that takes shipping valuables and fragile items dead serious. :001_cool:

Let's see some close up when they come in!

i think its going to be refreshing to get a package in the mail that has good wrapping. i always cringe when i see something come in with no wrapping at all...... just a razor in a box or a razor in a envelope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261062809087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i cant wait to get them in the mail. i will prob only keep a few things from this lot.

i still havent told SWMBO that i bought more razors lol.......... well, they say its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Nice haul. I thought about that lot, but didn't pull the trigger. Glad to see someone on here did and look forward to hearing the details of this haul.

Drop me a PM if you do resell some of the razors.

i think its going to be refreshing to get a package in the mail that has good wrapping. i always cringe when i see something come in with no wrapping at all...... just a razor in a box or a razor in a envelope.

That makes me cringe too but an item mummified in tape is nearly as bad. Just use a small piece of tape for the bubble wrap. As long as the box is filled with packing materials, the bubble wrap cocoon isn't going to come undone.

The FB case does look rounded . . . great job with the eyeballs!!

I've always been a little gunshy on one of glasgow's "out the door sale" lots. He sells a bunch of razors, earns his 100% feedback, and has a reputation for excellent shipping and packaging . . . but he knows what a good razor is and how much he can make off it. To "out the door" three adjustables, a red tip, a lady, and Super Speeds (including a '54 TV) . . . I would be fearful of a lot of work ahead!!

Be sure to let us know all the fine details when the box arrives!!

Top Bottom