What's new

What do Turkish barbers use (clear shaving moisturiser)

Hi guys

My Turkish barber uses a clear moisturiser. He slaps a small bit on and the razor just glides.

Im in UK by the way if it makes a difference.

I want myself some of that stuff

Luke

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hi guys

My Turkish barber uses a clear moisturiser. He slaps a small bit on and the razor just glides.

Im in UK by the way if it makes a difference.

I want myself some of that stuff

Luke

I'd like to know, too. I have no idea really.

If I had to guess.

...glycerin with his own secret addition which is water and a little soap, but he might not want to reveal the recipe to anyone.

I hope I'm wrong and he reveals his secret.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Even if this isn't what he uses check out "EZBlade Gel". Make sure it's the green oily gel and not the white cream lotion. It goes on clear, not green. You can get it on Amazon really cheap.

Many Turkish barbers use shaving gel like this one below, although there is few other brands.
proxy.php

Another great thing about Turkish barbers: They light up a little paper tube and burn off hair in ears and nostrils. Apparently this isn't allowed for barbers in the US. Too bad. It works great, and it seems safer than shaving or cutting the hair in those places.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Another great thing about Turkish barbers: They light up a little paper tube and burn off hair in ears and nostrils. Apparently this isn't allowed for barbers in the US. Too bad. It works great, and it seems safer than shaving or cutting the hair in those places.

I might try this at home!

I'd have to see some videos or have really good instructions. Setting my nose on fire would be hard to explain in the ER and to my ENT.

However, my nose hairs are damn near impossible. I've tried the little rounded edged scissors (they work the best, but not all that well). I've tried the various electric nose hair trimmers (junk). Etc. Maybe fire is the solution.

BOSC.2.It sure sounds cray cray.jpg

Videos? Instructions? Warnings? Commitment papers? 911 on speed dial?

upload_2019-1-23_12-14-57.png

I did find the above comment on another forum. There are videos, linked, but do they know what they're talking about.

Is anyone really sure YMMV. Rumor (meme).480.jpeg

Rumors aren't quite enough for me on this one, but you can go for it and get back with me.

Not saying I won't try it, but not just yet.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
However, my nose hairs are damn near impossible. I've tried the little rounded edged scissors (they work the best, but not all that well). I've tried the various electric nose hair trimmers (junk). Etc. Maybe fire is the solution.

Complete thread hijack to nose and ears.

This baby works! Got mine at Best Buy!?!

83DC8324-F7DB-4B5D-956E-5B5DDD27BFBF.jpeg

Mine doesn’t have a model ID on it. I don’t have the packaging, but the “Wahl Lithium Pen Trimmer 5643-400, Blue” looks like what I have. Mine doesn’t have a replaceable battery, but has been going strong for a couple years now.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I bought this model because it had the same sort of reviews and was a tad cheaper and uses a AAA battery.

proxy.php

I've had similar devices in the past. None worked worth a hoot. If this doesn't work I'm going with fire.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Complete thread hijack to nose and ears.

This baby works! Got mine at Best Buy!?!

View attachment 946425

I bought this model because it had the same sort of reviews and was a tad cheaper and uses a AAA battery.

proxy.php

I've had similar devices in the past. None worked worth a hoot. If this doesn't work I'm going with fire.

Happy shaves,

Jim

It's arrived and I've used it. It works much better than any similar device I've ever used.

upload_2019-1-25_15-31-26.png

I'm so glad you told me about this cool tool.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom