What's new

What do I have here? An odd version of P&G's Old Spice Original After Shave Lotion

USA member here. I was browsing the rack stores for after-Christmas sales and ran across an unusual bottle of Old Spice. Current, not vintage, but in packaging I've never seen before. Looked online and couldn't find anything to match the diagonal grey stripe on the box and the 100ml size. The bottle has licensing information referencing P& G in Germany and the UK. But most interestingly, made in Italy for Proctor and Gamble (see picture below). I wonder if I've run across a bottle here in the states for EU distribution.

As for smell, I have no U.S.-made/distributed Old Spice to compare it to. Does not smell like the Family Dollar Spice I have. Smells fine though, very nice. Just like Old Spice.
644C3352-0C9F-4D1D-B07B-94CC8F25B1FA.jpeg

E6AA5EDA-4BC9-4ADE-9790-50FA1F034135.jpeg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
USA member here. I was browsing the rack stores for after-Christmas sales and ran across an unusual bottle of Old Spice. Current, not vintage, but in packaging I've never seen before. Looked online and couldn't find anything to match the diagonal grey stripe on the box and the 100ml size. The bottle has licensing information referencing P& G in Germany and the UK. But most interestingly, made in Italy for Proctor and Gamble (see picture below). I wonder if I've run across a bottle here in the states for EU distribution.

As for smell, I have no U.S.-made/distributed Old Spice to compare it to. Does not smell like the Family Dollar Spice I have. Smells fine though, very nice. Just like Old Spice.View attachment 1386633
View attachment 1386635
Maybe supply chain or manufacturing issues? Does seem weird that it was made in Italy and imported.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

As for smell, I have no U.S.-made/distributed Old Spice to compare it to. Does not smell like the Family Dollar Spice I have. Smells fine though, very nice. Just like Old Spice.View attachment 1386633
View attachment 1386635
That is odd. I looked at a bottle I bought a couple of months ago and it was 188 ml and made in Canada. Probably the exact same formula though.

To my knowledge that’s old spice original, which to us U.S. folks is available overseas and is of closer resemblance to the original vintage formula, more so than the “classic” variant we get here. Haven’t tried it yet but will import a bottle one of these days.

To my knowledge that’s old spice original, which to us U.S. folks is available overseas and is of closer resemblance to the original vintage formula, more so than the “classic” variant we get here. Haven’t tried it yet but will import a bottle one of these days.

Then I lucked out...$3.99 at Burlington. Maybe it's time to break out my vintage Old Spice shave soap.

That's the European Old Spice. My folks when to Ireland a couple years ago and brought that back from a "chemist" (drugstore) there. Go to any Western European country and buy Old Spice, it looks like your bottle.

I actually wasn't blown away by this version. It's very nice and fresh with more of a citrusy aspect to it, and not as much powdery spice as the American version. It's good stuff, but if I had to choose I'd go with the American version.

It's a foreign version. I don't know why people freak out when they buy name brand products and see different languages on the label. They don't only make those products in the USA you know.

Top Bottom