What's new

What do I have here? A Milord??

Some advice needed from the local experts. I picked this up on the 'Bay because I have a Richwood silver razor with a nearly destroyed case and this one looked to be in decent shape (and it is). From the photos I thought it had a misplaced 40's Super Speed in it.

But when I got it today, the razor turned out to be gold, not your typical silver! So what do I have? Plating looks to be in fair to good shape, but it needs a cleaning. It is not an open comb so it is not a Ranger Tech. Could this be a Milord fallen from the sky and into my lap??

Thanks for any help!:001_smile

That sure is a Milord stuck in a Richwood case.....leave it to the sellers on flee bay....The case should work well for you.

It was actually known simply as the Milord, as well, but there was a set that had the Milord and was known as the Milord Tech.

Ever since reading that several months ago I have always pictured in my mind the 1946 Milord as the Milord Tech just to differentiate it from the later ones.

:confused: This all gets very confusing to me. Did they make a Gillette "Tech" (non-TTO) Milord ? Or maybe the one I have is just a "Tech" in the wrong case.

This is what makes da Bay so much fun (and risky). The unexpected finds. My collection of TTO US Gillettes just notched another razor type. Now I have to find that Milord/Milford (sic) case to put it in!!

Top Bottom