What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Friday’s shave. Proraso red day.
RazoRock Game Changer 84 solid bar.
Gillette Super Thin 3rd use.
Proraso red preshave.
Proraso red soap super formula.
Stirling badger brush. Nice brush for the money. Actually a nice brush period.
Thayers witch hazel.
Proraso red aftershave.
Proraso red balm.
Alum feedback. Face-low. Neck-low.
Smooth 9.2/10
Close 9.5/10
Soap 9.3/10
Nice shave until my last ATG across my neck. Felt like I was hitting speed bumps. No blood though. I knocked a couple tenths off on smoothness.

74CAD011-896C-4DEC-AB10-7C39D2DAFE99.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
Tech Thursday

Razor:
Gillette Blue with GTB Midget handle (25grams)
Blade: Super Gillette Blue (1)
Brush: Torga Mistura C3
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
ASL: Skin Bracer
20230126_192837.jpg

Another fine one pass shave in the books, this time with the Chinese Super Blue Razor and a Chinese Super Blue Blade.
The handle that comes with the Super Blue razor is a crummy piece of plastic and metal, so I made a GTB Midget handle for it.
It is the same weight as most of my vintage Gillette razor handles(24.7grams) and is 12.3mm x 78mm.
Tapped for 10-32 threads, it will fit my vintage Gillette, Karve, and Fatip razors, but not my modern razors with an M5 thread.

I found the Super Blue razor to be slightly more comfortable and efficient than my New LC and there was no need for an extra ATG pass on my neck.
The razor did play a nice song as it hummed through 24 hours of stubble and was very easy on my neck.

The Witch hazel felt nice, the Skin Bracer refreshing, and the Nivea balm a nice finishing touch. I'll definitely need to shave again soon.
Next up is my 1967 Tech (M4) which the Super Blue razor is patterned after to get an honest opinion of the two razors.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

• RazoRock SS .72 OC Lupo.
• PolSilver Super Iridian blade (4).
• Dutchy Bergamot soap.
• Kox Old School Scheerzeep Bergamot lathering cup.
•Finest Badger brush from Shave Nation.
• Hot shower Olive oil bar soap.
• Fuar Ach Snog Pre-Shave oil from Executive Shaving.
• Thayers Witch Hazel Splash to face.
• Fuar Ach Snog aftershave balm face.
• Old Spice Classic aftershave lotion back of neck and chest.
I reached for my Lupo .72 OC this morning just to keep my 24 hour growth guessing what player they would be facing after seeing the Timeless Ti95 OC on Wednesday and the Gamechanger .84 yesterday. It was a nice change of pace and team whiskers was swiped away after 2 1/2 passes. The umpire then declared the shave over and punctuated with a perfect 10. I got 4 solid performances from the PolSilver and will now send him to the showers, (permanently)…..
What a way to finish the shave with the refreshing after shave balm and lotion!
Hope you gents enjoy the upcoming weekend and that your team(s) win!

0A631DE9-5250-40C1-8779-C402686EE825.jpeg

7C657A12-1993-410D-B65C-41ED6C1DDAA6.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, January 27th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm Yaqi Milano handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple clamping design, small head parts, I like to use this razor because it gives great shaves consistently + pairs great with the Schick proline p30 blades.
Blade : Schick proline p30- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis?):001_wub: with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorite soaps, Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations of S.A to bring on their line of soaps & fragrances.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice bloom to this silvertip with a shorter handle that is great to hold and look at.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel soap cleanse on beard area + Yaqi Musketeer rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Excalibur 50 mm with a Schick proline blade.
SOTD Jan 27 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Found this much-loved and well-used Aristocrat at an antique shop. Most of the gold plating was gone from the doors and safety bars which leads me to believe that it gave the previous owner many great shaves. I cleaned the razor, polished it a bit, and used it today. I thought it fitting to use a Gillette Platinum blade

Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum
Razorock xXx
Razorock Plissoft
Avon Spicy

9.5 DFS+

20230127_152710.jpg

2023 GRUYERE #49 - Still in
January 2023 GRUME #18 - Still in

Date: 01.27.23
Days growth: 3

Head shaver

Razor: Gillette Tech Razor
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Ever Ready R40 Pure Badger

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Nablus soap block that I also used on my body applied with a facial scrub brush.

Lather: Face lather with Nablus soap block

Passes: 3

Post Shave Routine and products:
1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2
2 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
3 - Alum block
4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
5 - Aftershave - Grey Flannel EDT
6 - Balm: N/A

Time from shower on to dressed and ready:
1 hr 12 minutes

NOTES: I purchased a Nablus soap block because I saw a YouTube video of this ancient soap being made in Palastine of just olive oil, lye, and water. This was purchased for showing but I searched then to see if it could be used for shaving and found yes, so I tried it. I have to say this is the best shave I've had. This soap was slicker than anything I have used (only about a dozen or so pucks/soaps/creams). I had a BBS+ shave:
Comfort: 10
Quality: 10

01.27.23ShaveStuff.png

Sadly, my alum block fell and shattered everywhere :(

BrokenAlum.png

full

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1956
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: Simpson SE Kensington
Bowl: N/A Face lather

Pre shave: Hot shower 🚿
Soap: Speick 🌿
Aftershave: Speick 🌿

Rating: 10/10 DFS +
Easy as eating pie, this 2 pass DFS+ shave was easy and carefree. Painless, a no brainer.
I love the scent of Speick, herbal and manly.

💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.65 WRH 3/7 // Spearhead Seaforth! Fleur de France Soap and Splash // Paladin Pirate 26mm Satin Somerset // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp
5D152362-959E-40CA-AB9C-81FA4A6A6EE4.jpeg

💯/💯

Excellent to be home! My soap rotation is all out of whack though let’s see if I can get them back on track.

Todays French Pirate shave was most excellent!

January 27

Razor: Muhle R41 + WCS 84S stainless handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Two-band
Bowl: Fine Ceramic
P/S: PAA Cube (as stick)
Soap: Cyril R Salter Solid
A/S: Tüff Sensitive splash
A/S: Suavecito Bay Rum

BBS

Wow, great results with the R41 + Perma-Sharp Super combo. CRS solid soap works really well with this, too. Would be a nice choice for shaving every other day.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20230127_150137~2.jpg

Razor: Joris Classic - Thujawood and Palladium
Blade: German Bolzano (1)
Brush: Simpson Classic 2 in Best
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: A&E Kaizen
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve EdT Spray

Excellent DFS shave! :cool:

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12105983

Face Shave

Razor: WR2 1.55
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: TNS H4
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Tactical Support

Man, I really love dense, soft knots and H4 is incredible. This is in a hybrid shape and is perfect for me. Next, I have to try a fan shape.
326568428_510199524516844_1659320443714649241_n.jpg

Head Shave

Razor: WR2 1.55
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: TanZ HMW & DG B13
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Tactical Support
Decided to do a side-by-side to compare the TanZ & B13. Both have very little gel, are super soft, have a low backbone, and have a luxurious cloud-like feel. The B13 has a bit more backbone and is denser. Both are easy to load and release lather easily.
This was a very nice luxurious head shave. This tub is going to be killed soon.
327242714_739915514012626_4310807169952552485_n.jpg
326853487_550491633690038_3740041520527293416_n.jpg
327196518_704872807709077_1521403583143170248_n.jpg

A truly brilliant shave this afternoon.

Pre-shower face wash w/ACH Brito
Warm shower
Naked Armor stainless steel scuttle
Kikc synthetic brush
Proraso Protetivo pre-shave & shave cream
My birthday razor - 1970 Super Speed, black handle, created the same quarter as my birth, Q4 1970
Personna Med Prep blade (1st use)
WTG, ATG, XTG (just on the jaw line & under, to clean up some rough spots)
Zingari Man Unscented Recovery Splash

9.5/10. I can't imagine a shave turning out much better than this. No irritation, no redness, no nicks, no rough spots... A pleasure all 'round. I'd almost forgotten how brilliant the Personna Med Prep blades are.

Top Bottom