What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

9/10
70C5C1B3-2ABB-4F0B-B242-8C96C7A761A6.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Pre-shave: Weleda Gentle Cleansing Foam

Soap: Arko mixed with Yardley Wild Rose

Bowl: Timeless Blue

Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic

Razor: Timeless Ti Crown/ATT X1

Blade: KAI Protouch MG

Aftershave: Thayers Unscented/Lustray Spice

Eye Gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

An excellent shave on this cool, foggy morning in Music City. The Timeless Ti Crown/ATT X1 combo delivered again. Several days of growth gone with no weepers or irritation at all. Skin felt really soft with the Arko/Yardley mix again. A solid 10/10.

Have a great day, all!

linty1

My wallet cries.
8DEE24C4-95F9-4CF3-8BA4-51CACA776783.jpeg

Bic one blade disposable/essentials brush/arko

Rushed to have a shave with an old friend, the bic disposable, what I used to shave with a long long time ago, and a familiar tool on trips in hotels. I always thought the head on this was smaller? Like how it is on a Mach 3? Mm.. maybe my memory fails me. It is marked "sensitive"... maybe thats it? Anyways this thing is mild as heck, I could drag race this across my face and suffer little consequences. Over a good shave.

Razor: Timeless Ti.95 OC
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'The Blade'
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 synthetic
Soap: Henri et Victoria - Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Cognac and Cuban Cigars

The Timeless/vintage Wilkinson Sword combo mowed down my whiskers with ease and resulted in a fantastic shave. There were actually moments when it felt like there was no blade in the razor.

It was very easy to generate a super slick lather with the Henri et Victoria shaving soap. The scent is fairly strong, but I really like it, so that's not a problem. I'd call this shave a 9.8.
IMG_3102 (2).JPG

• RazoRock SS .84 GC SB. (New razor).
• Bic Chrome Platinum razor (2).
• Pre Shave with olive oil bar soap.
• Sterling Noir shaving soap.
• Omega Boar.
• Stirling Noir balm and after shave.
• WitchHazel splash for post shave.

This rainy post Thanksgiving Saturday morning shave again featured the RazoRock .84 Gamechanger SB along with a Bic blade (2). I received a new line of Noir products from Sterling Soap and really enjoyed them, especially the aroma. Nice, but not overwhelming….
The Gamechanger is especially smooth yet efficient, (perhaps just slightly less so than the .95 razors). A compact razor that fits nicely around hard to reach areas and that handle sticks to my hand like Velcro.
The judge detected a slight reddish area just below the middle of my lower lip, but shame on the user for getting way too cocky and stepping on the gas as well as over pressing the razor. This razor still requires respect of the fundamentals or else she will nip at you. What a fun razor to use! The judge is awarding a solid 9 today while wishing all of you a very happy Post Thanksgiving weekend and hoping your team(s) win!
41712305-66C0-4D7B-8078-0515B43C2A90.jpeg
4806B971-1945-4B56-A34A-9A34B86F6B80.jpeg

Last edited:
11/10 spinal tap shave. I'm stunned by the quality of the shave I got this morning from my early 1970s Wilkinson Bonded cartridge razor. I had two days growth when I started and beyond BBS by the end.

PXL_20221126_131621212.jpg
PXL_20221126_131457678.jpg

TV commercial. I only have this razor because I got a few of these cartridges in a lot of vintage blades and hunted for a handle to let me try them. This was my first experience with the "system." Most consider this razor to be the very first cartridge system razor. Waits says Wilkinson introduced it in 1970. I used D.R. Harris Marlborough stick soap and my superb SOC Mistura brush to face lather that stick. I used Noxema as a pre-shave wash. I followed the shave with some Intesa balm and Old Spice splash.

The shave was perhaps the smoothest I have ever experienced. I could not feel the blade at all. It was as if I was just using a squeegee to remove lather from my face, but the whiskers washed away with the lather. For those of you who like to feel the blade, this would be terrible. After one WTG/XTG pass, I had already achieved DFS except on my neck, which is by far the trickiest part of my beard. After the ATG second pass, which felt the same as the first, I was at BBS on 90% of my face. I did a few touchups on my problem areas, neck and left jawline, without the slightest hint of any irritation. The razor demands a shallow approach angle, which is easy to find by just using the flat surface of the head as a guide.

After the shave, I applied Thayer's witch hazel, Intesa balm, and the Old Spice splash. I did feel the alcohol in the splash, but not as intensely as I normally do. Nor did I feel any particular "hot" spots with the splash. My face just felt refreshed and renewed. I am genuinely shocked by how good this razor performed. I am a fan of vintage, English-made Wilkinson DE blades, which I find to be sublimely smooth and efficient. So, I'm not incredibly surprised that Wilkinson put a superb blade in this cartridge. The presentation of the blade is magical though. I measured the gap as 0.020 inches (about 0.5 mm), and my eye tells me that there is some positive blade exposure. But, it is too hard to measure the exposure because the corners of the blade are obscured by plastic. I understand that Wilkinson sold this system until about 1990. I suppose it stopped selling because it is just so dead simple. How could it work so well?

Anyway, enough rambling. I'll be curious to see how long my shave lasts. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the result. Damn, that's good!

Last edited:
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: 24K Gold Plated Brass Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap/Cream: Dr. Jon's Propaganda
Bowl: Doug Smith Siribachi Shave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Rainbow Stripe Handle 26mm G5A Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Seaforth Black Watch
Rating: 10/10 Excellent efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, one tiny weeper, caught the corner or my mouth, no cuts or irritation. Very good lather, great cushion and residual slickness. Weeper cured by Alum Stick. Overall a fantastic shave again!

Correction: Yesterday I listed my soap as Shannon's and actually it was Dr. Jon's. Guess that happens when you look at one soap and use another.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, November 26th 2022.

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a MMOC modified handle (2 7/8"Long), Mfg 2017- 2022, upper mid range, well designed and excellent machining QC and nice polished finish for 316 SS, light touch will reward a fellow with a stellar shave. Razor is coming out with their Super Slant that is similar to the Wunderbar slant but perfected a little more.
Blade : Astra SP (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity. Experimenting with 2 blades stacked.
Soap : Yaqi "Musketeer rapier"- nice musk scent(Aramis?) with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creators S.A to make a soap & fragrance line of products.
Brush : Yaqi "ever helpful" 22 mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, firm soft pillow like tips, excellent splay scrubber + great painter. This brush is designed for fellows who like a nice face scrub, short loft with HD knot producers a excellent enjoyable face scrubber.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse & Yaqi Musketeer Rapier slash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with 2X Astra SP blades. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
SOTD November 26 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

• RazoRock SS .84 GC SB. (New razor).
• Bic Chrome Platinum razor (2).
• Pre Shave with olive oil bar soap.
• Sterling Noir shaving soap.
• Omega Boar.
• Stirling Noir balm and after shave.
• WitchHazel splash for post shave.

This rainy post Thanksgiving Saturday morning shave again featured the RazoRock .84 Gamechanger SB along with a Bic blade (2). I received a new line of Noir products from Sterling Soap and really enjoyed them, especially the aroma. Nice, but not overwhelming….
The Gamechanger is especially smooth yet efficient, (perhaps just slightly less so than the .95 razors). A compact razor that fits nicely around hard to reach areas and that handle sticks to my hand like Velcro.
The judge detected a slight reddish area just below the middle of my lower lip, but shame on the user for getting way too cocky and stepping on the gas as well as over pressing the razor. This razor still requires respect of the fundamentals or else she will nip at you. What a fun razor to use! The judge is awarding a solid 9 today while wishing all of you a very happy Post Thanksgiving weekend and hoping your team(s) win!
View attachment 1562620View attachment 1562619
Very curious how she compares to the Timeless 95 Butch. I think I will save all year and do a big dip next year’s Black Friday with lots and lots of shaving goodies!!

Guido

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash. Cremo Classic Shave Cream (tube, applied by hand.)
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: AP Shave Co. MiG synthetic knot
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.15 with TiBam antiqued Titanium handle
Blade:. Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash, Thayers Witch Hazel and Aloe (lemon scent), Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength afteshave splash

Day 3 with COVID...thanks be to God it's leaving...what a trip. Great shave! Liking this Nacet blade...a lot! Paired extremely well with the WR2. Smooth and sharp. DFS/BBS with no blood. Went back to Stirling Bay Rum for this shave and wanted a strong aftershave with a scent that lingers. Testing my dulled sense of smell. This is a brand new brush...arrived yesterday. It's a tad floppy for me...however...among all of the synthetics I own, this one holds moisture the best. I was shocked how wet it still felt after I squeezed it out. It whipped up a shiny, slick lather pretty quickly. I find that Stirling beef tallow soaps need a little more moisture to get a proper lather and this brush's ability to retain it helped.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

IMG_20221126_114425_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash. Cremo Classic Shave Cream (tube, applied by hand.)
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: AP Shave Co. MiG synthetic knot
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.15 with TiBam antiqued Titanium handle
Blade:. Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash, Thayers Witch Hazel and Aloe (lemon scent), Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength afteshave splash

Day 3 with COVID...thanks be to God it's leaving...what a trip. Great shave! Liking this Nacet blade...a lot! Paired extremely well with the WR2. Smooth and sharp. DFS/BBS with no blood. Went back to Stirling Bay Rum for this shave and wanted a strong aftershave with a scent that lingers. Testing my dulled sense of smell. This is a brand new brush...arrived yesterday. It's a tad floppy for me...however...among all of the synthetics I own, this one holds moisture the best. I was shocked how wet it still felt after I squeezed it out. It whipped up a shiny, slick lather pretty quickly. I find that Stirling beef tallow soaps need a little more moisture to get a proper lather and this brush's ability to retain it helped.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

View attachment 1562654
Get well soon! I just finished my first bout with COVID, which was mostly a non-event. Prayers that it is the same for you.

Top Bottom