What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Date
365 days of shaving330/327
(100%)
GRUME24/30 (100%)
NOCvember
24/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes2 and light touch up
WXTGCB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SC
Matador Deluxe with Fat Handle
Eddison (7)
Bolzano (4)
Omega 632 Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)8/10 (Lip nick and weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
9.5/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Initially I had the idea of using the golden combination of yesterday, but the Matador begged me to be used. The Timeless opened the shave with a fabulous first pass taking care of emerging stubble elegantly, smoothly and comfortably. After the first pass which could have been enough if I just did a jaw line pass/touch up, the Matador took over for the ATG second pass. Similarly effective - slightly less comfortable the Bolzano showing first signs of fatigue. And for some bizar reason I decided to shave straight across my mouth! :eek2:Huh! So I nicked my lip, but I only felt it - no real blood was spilled. Lucky me. Less lucky on my chin and I had to let the alum take care of that one.

What is interesting to me is that both the Timeless and the Matador have a serious blade gap, but if you let the razor do the work for you, you wouldn't no. Really smooth and relaxing in use. Excellent razors in their own right and combined a winning team.:001_wub:

The Eddison still reigns supreme with absolutely no signs of blade wear, less sharpness or whatsoever. Just really excellent performance.

All other actors played their part brilliantly and therefore we landed the shave at a very satisfying BBS level.:thumbup1:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my shaving brothers in the US!

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Super Shave X (4th use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: MWF
Aftershave: TOBS Sandalwood
Score: 9/10
IMG_20221120_101303460.jpg

Todays shave

Merkur 39c Sledgehammer with the Nacet blade
GFT Eucris cream and skin food
Alum block
WXA and WAX passes
Moschino aftershave

Todays shave was absolutely superb as to be expected from the Nacet blade. EVERYTHING was perfect, from the closeness to the comfort and the smoothness. The 39x Sledgehammer with its awesome heft and the thick safety bars just eliminated my beard!

The cream is ever so slick and smooth and I love its manly scent. The skin food followed suit.

The alum block and aftershave put the finishing touches to the shave. I wish there was a rewind button so I can do this all over again!

Score

Blade sharpness 10/10
Blade comfort 10/10
Cream quality 10/10
Shave quality 10/10
Overall 10/10

Final thoughts.

The Nacet blade continues to give superb shaves. I need more Nacet blades as I’m getting low on them now!

Jason.

24 November 2022

1669290959030.jpeg

Prep: Old Spice Bar Soap face wash Mexico
Razor(s):
  • At Bat: Van der Hagen Germany
  • On Deck: WCS 84S Germany / China
  • In the Hole: King C Gillette Germany / China
Brush: Amazon Badger China?
Bowl: WCS Timeless Blue Plastic USA
Lathering: Noble Otter’s--Lonestar scent USA using 1/4 cup nuked rain water
Blade: Derby Premium Turkey Shave #1
Passes:
  • WTG
  • ATG and XTG as required
  • Buffing as required
Cleanup:
  • Rinsed and dried face
  • Witch Hazel
  • Alum Stick
  • Pinaud Clubman (USA)
Rating(s) and Comments:
Today’s shave rated 10.0 BBS. After a long soak-in prep, today’s beard was quickly wiped out, with only token buffing.

Later this morning we will pick up our catered Thanksgiving meal from Central Market, head to our son’s apartment, and enjoy our meal with him and his 22-pound lap dog 'Lil' Ralphie.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

24 November 2022

View attachment 1561484

Razor(s):
Passes:
  • WTG
  • Buffing as required
Cleanup:
  • Rinsed and dried face
  • Witch Hazel
  • Alum Stick
  • Pinaud Clubman (USA)
Rating(s) and Comments:
Today’s shave rated 10.0 BBS. After a long soak-in prep, today’s beard was quickly wiped out, with only token buffing.

Later this morning we will pick up our catered Thanksgiving meal from Central Market, head to our son’s apartment, and enjoy our meal with him and his 22-pound lap dog 'Lil' Ralphie.
Happy Thanksgiving, Bobby! Pet 'Lil' Ralphie for me.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Todays shave

Merkur 39c Sledgehammer with the Nacet blade
GFT Eucris cream and skin food
Alum block
WXA and WAX passes
Moschino aftershave

Todays shave was absolutely superb as to be expected from the Nacet blade. EVERYTHING was perfect, from the closeness to the comfort and the smoothness. The 39x Sledgehammer with its awesome heft and the thick safety bars just eliminated my beard!

The cream is ever so slick and smooth and I love its manly scent. The skin food followed suit.

The alum block and aftershave put the finishing touches to the shave. I wish there was a rewind button so I can do this all over again!

Score

Blade sharpness 10/10
Blade comfort 10/10
Cream quality 10/10
Shave quality 10/10
Overall 10/10

Final thoughts.

The Nacet blade continues to give superb shaves. I need more Nacet blades as I’m getting low on them now!

Jason.

You've inspired me...I purchased a few Nacets to give them a try.

24 November 2022

View attachment 1561484

Razor(s):
Passes:
  • WTG
  • Buffing as required
Cleanup:
  • Rinsed and dried face
  • Witch Hazel
  • Alum Stick
  • Pinaud Clubman (USA)
Rating(s) and Comments:

BobbyB, hoping you are getting as much rain as we are…..Also, don’t forget to check out the shaving section at Central!😊👍💈
View attachment 1561490

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving folks!

A fine BBS to start the day, time to get cooking and then settle in for some football!

Razor: Ever Ready 1914
Blade: GEM PTFE (6)
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Brush: Vie-Long BGS 2012 Butterscotch Beehive Horse
AS: Stirling Baker Street aftershave

Rating: 10/10

Last edited:
11 24 22.jpg

First time using Autumn Glory. My dad added afew tubs for me in his last order. It's a lot different than I thought it would be, but in a good way. I do think they captured the essence of dead leaves but it's within an actual scent which is really cool.

First time using DE in a while but I think I pulled it off. Felt some sting on final rinse but it's a new blade.

A fun travel shave.

10/10

linty1

My wallet cries.
thumbnail_IMG_1084.jpg

Bumped myself out of GRUME over Black Friday sales, and also forgot to take a photo during my shave, so this is a photo of my Colonial General after it's last use (blade switch) sitting in a bit of scrubbing bubbles waiting for a scrub down with a toothbrush. After that away it goes into storage, to await it's next turn. Also my arko:

thumbnail_IMG_1083.jpg

It's slowly shrinking and disappearing, its in a Old spice mug, which fits it perfectly.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating.

2F8F7715-083E-4DF4-A496-D43978B01233.jpeg

Razor: 46-47 Gillette Aristrocrat.
Blade: Astra SP.
Brush: Ever-Ready 300E, 20mm two band badger.
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum.
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum Balm.

Aristocrat never lets me down, great shaver!
Astra SP, Fourth use, should have started with a new blade as this one is pretty much done!
The old 300E brush is a winner!
B&M Bay Rum soap and balm. First time trying this. Very awesome scent, It face lathers great! Had some tugging but I am certain it was the blade getting dull.
New experience with the aftershave balm, a little goes a long way! Very soothing and the scent is awesome!

Rating: 8, I believe it would have been a 10 if I had used a new blade.
Wife's rating: Good, smooth and works for today!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PXL_20221124_141458396.jpg

Today, I pulled my Electric Blue RR Hawk V2 loaded with a Schick Proline P-30 (2). I bowl lathered some marvelous Daveli Farms Sheep Fat soap with my new Semogue SOC Mistura. It was my second use of the Hawk and the Proline (or any AC blade), and I'm still getting the hang of this type of razor and blade. Man, they are sharp and shave close. The first time I used this combo, I think I got the closest shave I've ever had. Today was similarly close, but with a couple weepers, strangely near the corner of my mouth on the mustache area. I think I may have twisted the razor as it passed over this part of my mouth. The width of the blade is the thing that throws me off a bit. I recently bought some KAI Titan Pink (milder) blades, and I think I'll try one next time I use the Hawk.

8.5/10 for my inattentiveness, but I do love me a close shave like the one the Hawk delivers.

I followed my super close two-pass BBS with Thayer's and La Toja balm (my go to soothing treatment). I also had to splash some vintage Old Spice because I love the scent.

Our plans to have Thanksgiving dinner with my wife's family have unfortunately gone awry because my mother-in-law has come down with pneumonia. She's 92 and a very tough woman. She is getting good care, we are thankful that she is improving, and we expect her to recover fully. It is a great reminder that today is about giving thanks. We will have dinner another time.
Here's to wishing all my B&B brethren and your families the happiest and healthiest of Thanksgiving days :badger: .

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1561504
First time using Autumn Glory. My dad added afew tubs for me in his last order. It's a lot different than I thought it would be, but in a good way. I do think they captured the essence of dead leaves but it's within an actual scent which is really cool.

First time using DE in a while but I think I pulled it off. Felt some sting on final rinse but it's a new blade.

A fun travel shave.

10/10
What blade did you use, Kyle?

Happy Thanksgiving eve all!!!!!
• RazoRock SS .84 GC SB. (New razor).
• Bic Chrome Platinum blade (1).
• TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Cream.
• Captain’s Choice Copper bowl.
• Shave Nation Badger.
• Thayers Witch Hazel post shave face.
• Nivea Sensitive Cool balm.
• Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.

Good evening and a Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all of you. This was my inaugural shave with the RazoRock SS .84 Game Changer SB razor and I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and smoothness of this fine razor. Did not know what to expect after using the .95 razors, but I like it…….Took my time and gently let her do her job as I did not get in a hurry or impatient as I completed my WTG, XTG, and ATG with buffing on cheeks. The judge will not allow a 10 on the inaugural shave of any new razor, but a very nice 9 has been awarded.
I want to Wish Everyone a very Safe and Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!!!!
View attachment 1561361

View attachment 1561362
Nice one Butch! Looks amazing and based on what you wrote is efficient too. Wondering how you think it stacks up to your Lupo?

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom