What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

RAZOR: 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech
BLADE: Astra SP
BRUSH: Hand Made Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Sterling Sandpiper
AFTER SHAVE: Sterling Gentleman

9.5 / 10. Great shave, but a few weepers on my neck.

05262022.jpg

photostudio_1653527075742.jpg

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Cartridge
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Ten.

9,5/10 Shave

Today's shave:
Pre-Shave: Proraso(Italy)
Cream: Proraso(Italy)
Safety Razor: Gillete Aristocrat 46-47 (US)
DEB: Elios ( Egypt)
Alum Block: Cutoline ( Portugal)
Shave Balm: Floris ( UK)
Eau de Cologne: Floris 89 ( UK)

Terrific shave... James Bond shave?
Almost! I used an Aristocrat instead of a Slim. Wonderfully soft.
The brush was this Manchurian M7 Liquid Gold I own. 22 mm Knot. Third time I use it. It's just very generous. A lather machine!! I wonder how it will be when I break it fully. And the handle!, o boy!
I tried the Elios blade for a second turn. I had a shave with it the other day and this was the second one. I read terrible reviews about it. I don't agree now. By the second time I found it exquisitely smooth, not the sharpest blade around, but overall kind. No nicks at all.
Now Floris balm is fantastic. My skin eat it.
And the Perfum is JamesBond and Ian Flemming favourite: Floris 89. Just absolutely AMAZING!!!

Attachments

• 20220526_182614.jpg
    20220526_182614.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220526_183838.jpg
    20220526_183838.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220526_183849.jpg
    20220526_183849.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220526_000742.jpg
    20220526_000742.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Razor: GEM BMMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Brown
Soap: ETHOS Vanilla Safi
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

The Shave: WTG/ATG X2 for a BBS.
Fantastic lather today and effortless results with my BMMOC.
10/10
EE56EF31-4627-4C27-9BAE-A4BF9E554FB2.jpeg

Taylor of Old Bond Street Elon College shaving cream sample
Vie-Long Peleon horse hair brush 🐎
1967 Gillette Slim Adjustable razor
Wilkinson Sword razor blade
Tabac aftershave

Two passes with a third pass on one area of my neck. Very smooth. I’ll say a 9.4/10.

Eton College has almost a cologne-like scent, for someone in their 20s. "Eton College" is an appropriate name.

2B7B5BE6-294D-48F9-AF8C-142512C2F5C3.jpeg

First comfortable shave with a straight. The quarter hollow traversed the planes of my face much more smoothly, without the jitter of the full hollows. This was actually an enjoyable shave. Only one pass, and there is still traces of stubble left in areas that I need a lot more practice to ascertain holds and approaches, but this feels like a leap forward. Shave itself was only a 5, the experience was closer to a solid 9. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Today was another safety razor day as I use my Timeless Ti razor options.
• Timeless Ti closed .68mm plate with a polished spiral handle.
• Nacet new blade.
• Olive oil bar soap pre-shave.
• Stirling deep blue sea shaving soap.
• Duke Cannon balm.
• Sterling deep blue sea aftershave for back of neck and chest.
• Omega boar brush and Thayers Witch Hazel for some post splash.

Just received this razor with the .68mm closed bar with the Spiral handle and wanted to give it a one day growth try. First of all the Sterling products work like a charm whether shaving cream, after shave, shower soap or shampoo!
I did a two pass shave in mustache and neck area and three passes on cheeks. This was a very smooth shave, but found myself applying a bit more pressure in certain areas. I would give the shave a 90% BBS score with 10% being a damn good one. Overall, if I were going to the office or social event, I would be totally presentable, (others might argue)🤣.
I am going to try the same razor tomorrow, but use the closed .95mm gap to see if there is a difference. First time to use the spiral handle and absolutely no problem at all.

Attachments

• D9722021-A38D-44DD-9E1A-693D0B2B2926.jpeg
    D9722021-A38D-44DD-9E1A-693D0B2B2926.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 76BA58EE-CFAE-49BF-8DEC-6AA068DD4299.jpeg
    76BA58EE-CFAE-49BF-8DEC-6AA068DD4299.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 8
I was excited for the mail to arrive today, because a new Razorock Game Changer 84 was among the other, less important mail.
This is the most aggressive razor I've tried. Anyway, I was eagerly anticipating using this new razor, but slightly apprehensive.

1) No pre-shave
2) Cella Crema da Barba shave soap
3) Simpson Trafalgar T3 brush
4) Razorock Game Changer 84 razor
5) Astra Superior Platinum (2) blade
6) Omega Alum Block
7) Clubman Pinaud aftershave

The shave was very gratifying, and I soon found that the razor was not as scary as I had anticipated. As a matter of fact, I got a terrific shave! No irritation, no nicks, just smooth happy skin, even on the neck area, which is very sensitive. This really changes my notions about mild razors versus more aggressive razors. This razor required a lot less buffing and clean up. I'm really glad I decided to give this razor a try, because it is very nice and does a fantastic job. And, it's visually appealing! My shaving game has just been kicked up several notches. Hats off to Razorock!

9/10

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Lilac Vegetal

Was going to skip my shave this evening but then decided not to. I wanted to bask in the goodness of Coconut Lime. And basked indeed! Loaded extra heavy.

When I face lather I usually work the lather in for a while on my face, especially for a straight razor shave, but I've been toning back a little bit and haven't noticed a big difference. It does save a little bit of time and hopefully some wear on my brushes becuase I splay like a crazy person.

All in all, great shave. Hit my DFS+ standard and my face feels great. Enjoying the residual scent of The Veg while I enjoy the Yankee game and chat obsessively online about shaving.

10/10

Who makes the cashmere synth brush? Nice looking brush!
Me! Wow, thanks!

Today's shave:
tempImage9oqDoT.jpg

Brush: 2BED
Lather: Stirling Black Cherry Glacial
Blade: Lord New Platinum
Razor: Blackland Brass Blackbird

What a great Brassbird shave again today. I enjoyed a long-lasting BBS from this one, with no injuries or irritation. The Old Spice splash punches way above its price tag for me. It dries a little faster and the scent lasts a little longer than most Stirling splashes, in my opinion. The scent is just complex enough to match up with a surprising number of different soap scents, too.

I enjoyed the whole setup today; the soap is getting closer to being finished. It probably won't be a reorder but I do enjoy it. The heavy mentholation adds something odd to the cherry scent. I might replace it with a refill size puck of some other fruit-scent from their catalog, to keep a balance among different categories: fragrance dupes, natural scents, fruits, etc. Orange Chill, Satsuma, and Lime are all speaking to me... Rating today: 10/10.

Fri 27 SOTD
Soap Yaqi The Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Persona X Series 19th Use
Aftershave Yaqi The Green Splash
Another wonderful soap! Pleasant light scent with a rich creamy and slick lather!
Another satisfying shave with the razor and blade pairing. The blade is still very smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ finish. The matching aftershave is good. Rating 9.7/10
20220527_095507.jpg

Henson Mild
Astra SP (3)
Haslinger Schafmilch
RV Tulip 22mm Shavemac 2-band
Warm then cold water rinse

9/10 - easy BBS in two passes. Very minor cleanup.

I notice that Astra starts to lose a touch of smoothness by the third shave but is a lot sharper than its first use. Not an issue on cheeks but in problem spots, I can see how weepers can occur if one isn’t careful.

I was excited for the mail to arrive today, because a new Razorock Game Changer 84 was among the other, less important mail.
This is the most aggressive razor I've tried. Anyway, I was eagerly anticipating using this new razor, but slightly apprehensive.

1) No pre-shave
2) Cella Crema da Barba shave soap
3) Simpson Trafalgar T3 brush
4) Razorock Game Changer 84 razor
5) Astra Superior Platinum (2) blade
6) Omega Alum Block
7) Clubman Pinaud aftershave

The shave was very gratifying, and I soon found that the razor was not as scary as I had anticipated. As a matter of fact, I got a terrific shave! No irritation, no nicks, just smooth happy skin, even on the neck area, which is very sensitive. This really changes my notions about mild razors versus more aggressive razors. This razor required a lot less buffing and clean up. I'm really glad I decided to give this razor a try, because it is very nice and does a fantastic job. And, it's visually appealing! My shaving game has just been kicked up several notches. Hats off to Razorock!

9/10
Since I wrote the post above, I've had plenty of time to rub my face and I am certain that this shave should be rated 10/10, the first 10 rating I've given. The shave was excellent!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220526 Shave #2
20220526_215226~2.jpg

Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight Razor
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProSoft Guard (2)
Brush: AP Shave Co White (26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock Black
Aftershave: RazoRock Black
Fragrance: Classic Match Vault

Decided to do a quick touch-up shave before bed. :cool:

Nice shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11783898

Second shave on my New Improved from Tuckaway set. My brain is unable to process how extremely great this thing shaves. I used a couple vintage razors before, all ttos and was underwelmed,which is why I shifted my focus to modern. This thing is so incredibly beautiful and provides and efficient shave with zero effort and irritation...

Does someone have an IKON Deluxe OCC and a Ni? Do they really shave the same?

Oh right, used with tobs st James, lord super chrome (2), davidoff coolwater as.

april_2022-05-27-08-14-49-092.jpg

Top Bottom