What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (7)
Brush: EverReady 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: MLSW "The Kraken"
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
Rating: 8.5/10 - A weirdly bad shave. Three nicks(!) which never happens. Needed the balm because of those and the cold, dry weather.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Chiba
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: MdC Original

An ok shave. The edge on Chiba needs refinement, although I quite like this new Japanese acquisition. Curiosity got the better of me regarding the Wee Scot. Aptly named.
11BBEBF7-83B6-4B5A-85EB-D76A7A96703D.jpeg

20220126_075455.jpg

Razor: Schick N1 Injector Razor
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Jayaruh #163 White Queen in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

A handmade knife I bought at a gun show from the maker.

Thursday's shave, two passes plus touch up to get to DFS, 9/10, a fine shave today:

Pre-shave: shower
Razors: Maxwell June twinned DE
Blade: Treet New Edge (2)- I wasn't expecting much; I got two pretty good shaves, but a little tuggy by the end, so off to another blade tomorrow
Brush: Rein Dachs Klassik 20mm badger- break in continues with another face lather today
Soap: Arko stick- well, it does the job
Post-shave: cold rinse, then Anthony Logistics ASB; Arko tends to be drying for me, so a quality balm finished the shave nicely

Today's EDC knife is again a Benchmade 940.

Be well all!
PXL_20220127_183350079.jpg

Yesterday had a 1 pass shave, that was a 6-7 at best. No irritation or blood, just not close with one pass. A "good enough."

Today was a one pass that was a 9. As good as it can get with a one pass, DFS.
Voskhod blade, 6th and last use
.84 GC
Proraso Red
Gentleman Jon alum
Gentleman Jon brush and scuttle
Ice Cold by Duke Cannon after shave
Pleasures cologne.

Put the GC away and pulled out my old Gentleman Jon razor for the first time in 6-7 months. Want to see how it does from a closeness perspective, with a Voskhod blade, and with one pass. I remember it gave a close shave, but, there was some slop in the head. Blade kind of uneven. Also, my new Parker brush is arriving today. Want to break that badger hair bad boy in.

Stay tuned tomorrow.

Brush: SV 26mm High Mountain White Manchurian w/ Bog Oak Handle, incredible knot.

Blade: Timor (3)

Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl

Soap: Canada 🇨🇦 incredible soap

Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm, w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food, Hyaluronic Acid
E85B3CFE-7794-4928-B74C-5FC8966DE40E.jpeg
D84520A6-FC34-4325-9EA1-E98E27BA5B21.jpeg
27BA963A-001A-4840-8E99-052F92461B54.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220127_182007~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam 'Antique' Titanium Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (7)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Superb shave! :thumbup:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11630136

My Thursday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Merkur Progress Long Handle Model 510 #3​
Blade: Derby Premium (4)​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White Fan​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Bull and Bell Series: Vetiver Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Astringent​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​
9/10

tempImageOQS9rk.jpg

Brush: G5C knot
Lather: Stirling Deton-8
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Razor: Karve CB with SB-G plate
Post: Thayer's, Captain's Choice Sandalwood, Stirling Haverford EdT

I think I'm done with the G5C knot. It looks cool and I'm drawn to it from time to time, but it's just too stiff and won't release lather like I want it to. I have it set as high as possible, maybe even giving a glimpse of the glue band. The Rapira blade on use #2 wasn't bad, maybe not as good as the first use. All that being said, it was still a good shave with the Karve and I enjoyed the CC splash. One nick on the upper lip but no irritation. BBS- results for a solid 9.6/10.

Congrats to @ouchyfoot for nabbing post #30,000! I remember noting 20k no that long ago. I obviously enjoy this thread. It's like a community shave journal, and it only seems to be gathering speed...

Just used my new Tatara Masamune. Initial thoughts are it is very mild and I haven’t dialed in the angle.

The handle is a bit small IMO and I always prefer two piece razors but those are few and rags.

Feather blade.

Will keep using it to see how it works out.

But the more I shave with different razors the more I sometimes think the Merkur HD is just my favorite.

Fri 28 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Palace of Bliss New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Voskhod 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
The soap base is good for sure...lather was really rich, creamy, and slick..the scent was quite Stout...hard to describe but like some type of rich food...interesting.
An awesomely enjoyable shave with this razor paired with the blade. Easy, smooth, and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish. Good aftershaves. Rating 10/10!
20220128_133436.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Aloe Clear African Black Soap
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- Antica Barberia Original Citrus Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- L'Occitane Eau De Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Gillette Nacet (1)
- Zenith 506N XS Horse

Fragrance for the day
- Floris Bergamotto di Positano EDP

Shave Rating: 9/10
My first shave with this razor/blade combination (first ever shave with a Nacet as well) and it was an excellent first shave. The Nacet is very sharp on shave 1 (sharper than a fresh BIC Chrome Platinum) and it's also very smooth in the Gentile. It gave a close shave and I had no irritation or alum feedback today.
It was also another excellent lather from my Antica Barberia Original Citrus Soap, it doesn't seem to get as much love as the Almond scented Italian Croaps (possibly due to it being more expensive) but it's a solid performing soap with a very pleasant citrus scent.

Top Bottom