What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Lather: Tabac (tallow)
Blade: Feather ProGuard (5)
Razor: Vector

Another great shave with the Vector today. I moved my Tabac puck into a wider container for more surface area, and I enjoyed the change. No injuries or irritation, BBS- results, what can I say . . . other than it's a 10/10.

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Canadian Prewar Tech
Blade: GSB

Soap: Fine Classic Santal Absolut

Brush: Semogue 1305
Balm Stirling unscented balm.

Aftershave: Fine Santal Absolut

Stately DFS

- Brush: M&F L7 26mm Finest Badger
- Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.35DC
- Blade: Dorco Prime (1)
- Soap: A&E Which One’s Pink?
- Aftershave: A&E Which One’s Pink?
- Post Shave: Thayers Unscented, Hyaluronic Acid

Amazing evening shave after a few days of staying in hotels in Quebec and Ontario and not being bothered to shave. Montreal, Quebec was a blast with friends… Kingston, Ontario, not so much as it was an unexpected stay due to brutal weather. 👎

In any case, @SgtCrppls was nice enough to send me this beautiful M&F and it is an amazing brush. Nice soft tips, great knot density and released lather nicely. Truly an excellent brush and it quickly whipped up the A&E soap. Wow.

The WR2 1.35 is such a nice razor for a few days growth. One pass with the OC side and two with the SB side and BBS (or close) every time. Dorco Primes must be the most underrated inexpensive blade available. They are so smooth.

10/10

72F5A345-12BB-4031-9BBA-CF8D8E689335.jpeg

Brush: Old generic art of shaving badger
Lather: Ethos Melange d'agrumes
Blade: Personna red (5)
Razor: Blackbird ss SB

This was a quick shave, and not my finest, but still very good. I got some new Ethos products, in melange d'agrumes, and was keen to try them. I was also considering getting rid of the 'stache, but opted to trim it off the handlebar and more to a basic variety (with scissors, of course).

I had been having major neck/torso pain from some spinal issues and thought to get my shave it while in the great zone of muscle relaxers reducing the pain, but before I turned into jelly arms incapable of grooming.

The Ethos products were awesome. The lather, in my new bowl (from Symmetrical Pottery), worked super well to create a rich, creamy lather with no problem. The Blackbird is maybe my favorite razor, so that was quick and efficient. The blade was tugging a little, so I held off and didn't buff or do much else to go for a BBS, just keen for a solid shave that avoided any tugging, especially because I've been breaking out with some acne and skin issues anyway. I also tried the Skin Food In the end, the shave was maybe an 8.5/10 and DFS.

A major plus was that when I saw my better half after the shave, she commented that the scent of the melange d'agrumes was "super nice" and easily her second favorite of all the scents.

A day of firsts...

Finally tried my new APShave Co. Strawberry 24mm Cashmere brush.

First shave with a NOS Vintage’ 58 Gillette Red Tip with a new Nacet blade.

Proraso pre-shave.

Wholly Kaw Entropy Man for the hat trick, soap, balm and splash.

Osma alum.

A hour or so later followed up with a splash of the Entropy Man toner.

9/10

IMG_0150.jpeg

5 out of 10
Prep : warm shower
Pre shave : Proraso blue
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Cream : Proraso Blue
Razor : Fatip Lo Storto Chrome Slant Closed Comb
Blade : Voshkod (5)

Some may say I got overly excited to try my new stuff arrival product and changed pretty much all the parameter but the blade

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-unpacking-opening-today-show-pics-or-video-we-love-pics.495902/post-11555189

Bowl lathered for the first time, a tad too much liquid for a sub par lather, the razor will teach me a lot I believe, as I got bitten a few on my throat.

At least the proraso balm smelt good but the irritation is in for the night …

Oh well there is always the next shave

IMG-9115.jpg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Gillette NEW SC
Blade: Gillette Nacet (D2)
Brush: Shavemac Germania 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap : Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT Original AS Lotion
Rating : 9.73/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20211129_134155~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti New York Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange

Superb Shave! :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

10/10!

Perfection this morning!
-Rex Ambassador (setting 5)
-Astra SP (1st)
-PAA Phantom Aerolite
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Ice Cube
-PAA Sacré Bleu set

Super smooth shave today. I usually hate the Astra Sp blades but for some reason they're one of the best blades in the rex ambassador.

So smooth and comfy. BBS with setting 5 for 3 passes. No nics or irritation or alum stinging.

Sacré Bleu smells so good. It's definitely grown on me! Such a great homage and the splash smells better than the original imo! I wish I got the EDP
20211129_215359.jpg

30 November 2021
20211130_055314.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice shower soap
Razor:
King C. Gillette—Germany / China
Lathering Cream:
Cella Green--Italy using nuked tap water
Blade:
King C Gillette--Russia Shave #11 and out
Lathering Brush:
Gray Dog—Ohio
Bowl:
Fine Stoneware
Passes:
WTG / ATG / heavy buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Alum f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel rubdown
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.0 CCS
Comments:
An acceptable shave with a dulling blade. Lots of stubble, but on the plus, no nicks or weepers. On to a fresh blade tomorrow.

Something a little different today, on a 48-hour beard:

Gillette NEW Short Comb/Rapira blade (3)

Mix of Erasmic and TFS Sera soaps

Semogue boar brush (this was the different part)

Pre-shower, Proraso Green AS; post-shower, Assured lotion, Proraso Green again, Clubman powder

After my workout, I washed the phiz w/ Irish Spring while the boar brush soaked in hot water in my scuttle. Once I wrung the brush out, I loaded it from the soap (Erasmic with the last of the TFS Sera patted into it). I didn't expect it to work well; the boar seems to do better, I thought, with creams. But the brush developed a good slick lather on my face and throat. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, ATG; pass 3, cleanup, throat only, XTG. A very successful shave.

Verdict: 9.6.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife
Brush
Omega Hi Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
My Tuesday shave goes back to the Klar soap for the 161st time but with my UK Aristocrat razor loaded with a Personna Lab blade for the third shave. The razor–blade combo works great. The brush made enough lather and felt nice on the face. A BBS shave. Have a good day, folks.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Tuesday's shave

Pre-shave:
Shower
Razor: Pre-war Gillette fat-handle tech
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler #4
Soap: PdP Bergamot Thyme
Scuttle: Dirty Bird
Brush: Stirling synth tuxedo
Post shave: Thayer's WH, followed by Pinaud Clubman

DFS 9.5+ / 10

No pic today, late for work. This soap is really growing on me. At first I was disappointed I got the less popular scent, but now, I'm not so sure. I think this is quickly becoming if not a favorite, one I like very much.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Nov 30th 2021-

Razor: TARMAX DE adjustable by @twhite - Mfg 2021, 1 of 4 only made, interesting concept, usually I receive great shaves.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(5) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Speick, mild spicy scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips , nice scrubber, excellent precision painter.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small nick= :a17:excellent shave with my TARMAX by Tom White with a Astra SP.
Brush collage, Nov 30, 2021 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- Cella Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Hawkins and Brimble Elemi and Ginseng Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
- Zenith 80B Unbleached Boar

Fragrance for the day
- L'Occitan by L'Occitane EDT

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
My first shave using Cella (red tub) and I now see why it is so loved around here! Lathers easily and the lather is thick, slick and cushioned with excellent residual slickness and good post shave feel. The scent was also very present as a winter scent, but I'm not sure if it's a scent I could use daily (for me the Marzipan like scent is one that I find sickly if I smell it too often, probably related to eating too much cake with marzipan at some point in my life :laugh:).
Overall a pleasant and close 3 pass shave today with no irritation or alum feedback, although I have some lingering irritation around the bottom of my neck that I have figured out is down to wearing a shirt with a tie at the weekend. I am not used to wearing a tie with a shirt anymore (open collar at work) and the collar was rubbing against my freshly shaven face!

Top Bottom