What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Oct 10th 2021- Reading a thread on speed shaving and tested my old system I use and it is amazing using a injector and just brush lather how fast and how great a shave can be accomplished in around 6 minutes and that is cleanup also.
I still prefer the 3 applications of lather with a brush but when in a hurry it is relevant.

Razor: Schick G type Canadian Variant, Mfg 1940's, very nice mid range, easy to manipulate and a joy to use this Injector.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea : Very nice and unique scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm.(excellent + scentless)
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick G type variant + a Personna coated injector blade.
SOTD, Oct 10, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

OCtober X shave:
Razor: GEM MicroMatic Open Comb (MMOC)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Yaqi Purple Mink
Cream: Captain’s Choice Venture
Lather: Scuttle
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Shave: Broke out my trusty MMOC and had a nice, relaxing shave.
Used my Q Shave scuttle to whip up the CC Venture cream and ended up with a very wet, slick, warm lather. Perfect for a leisurely shave.
Nice hardware that I enjoy and great software = great shave, 9.25/10
0E694A34-C2CE-4FCC-A23C-FAAD1E965ABB.jpeg
C86C7519-3E26-4104-AA93-34F2455C1C90.jpeg
32751260-3ED9-4AFA-B0F8-D78E0942C9FB.jpeg

Day 3 of SE shaving, used the MMOC. It is on the more aggressive end of my razors and as such I just slowed down and enjoyed my shave. The @Graydog handled brush was nice and soft while creating the lather from Stirlings soap.

The Captains Choice splash had a touch of burn today which tells me I was a bit careless today. Some Stirling scent to top it off and i ended up with a good shave.

8.3/10

KM

20211010_103035.jpg

10/10 What an amazing shave.

Got my 345 subscription yesterday and this may be my new favorite scent by 345 soap co. It really is amazing. So bright and outdoorsy. My wife LOVES it. I get a little of every scent note and it's really well blended. I'll be getting the edp.

-Blackland Brassbird SB
-Bic Chrome Platinum (1st)
-PAA Amber Aerolite
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Peach cube mentholated
-345 Soap Co. Estes set

Super smooth bbs shave.

Attachments

• 20211010_092316.jpg
    20211010_092316.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Tabac tallow soap stick
Parker silver tip badger brush
1965 Gillette Super Speed razor
Feather
razor blade (3)
witch hazel
Speick aftershave

3 pass shave, which I really shouldn't have done, since I did one yesterday. Normally, when I do a 3 pass shave, I can skip shaving the next day altogether. But I wanted another Tabac/Speick shave. So good.

I nicked my top lip, so points off for that, as well as left a bit of a red mark on the other side of the top lip, so I got it on both sides. At least I'm symmetrically damaged. The feel of the BBS shave is excellent. It would be a 10, but I'll lower it to an 8/10, since the nick and the red mark remained visible. Very often nicks and marks fade quickly. They didn't today.

First time with a new soap and blade. I picked up some original tallow based Tabac back when I realized it might become unobtainium. Paired it with the Lupo 95 and a Bic Platinum Chrome from a tuck I picked up in some blade samples months ago.

Turned out to be a great combination; smooth, comfortable and close. I'm not sure how these blades slid under my radar for so long.

9/10 and Chester Approved 😸

20211010_144749.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Sunday's shave (sorry, no photo)

Pre-shave:
shower
Razor: Gilltte Fatboy
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum, #3
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, V2
Brush: Omega Professional
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Pinaud Classic Vanilla A/S splash

BBS, 10 / 10

Wow! Second dance with the Schafmilch, and I was gobsmacked! This was an 'accidental' BBS. What I mean by that is I wasn't consciously trying for a BBS, and when I do try for that, it usually takes about 25 minutes.

This was a 'normal' shave, took about 15 minutes start to finish, with cleanup, but I did a 4th pass on my jawline and neck as a touchup, and other than being very concentrated on evaluating the soap, wasn't trying to get a BBS. It just happened.

My face feels wonderful 6 hours later. This stuff is magical!

Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special (Super Speed)
Blade: US Personna Lab Blue, c.2013 (4)
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger
Soap: Williams Mug Soap puck atop the larger Mitchell's Wool Fat puck, so Frankenlather
Rating: 9.9

Afternoon shave on 1 day of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, no nicks, but a little irritation on the neck.

I ditched the Nacet SS after noticing that the rust made it to the blade edge; got 3 or so shaves out of it only.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower, Two days growth​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Watts Sheffield Quarter Hollow Grind 6/8 - Pressed Leather Scales​
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele with 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso White Alcohol Free After Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
10/10! DFS! No irritation!
  • This razor cut through two days grown lickety-split!

tempImagej6bqar.jpg

Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Stirling Varen
Blade: Feather ProGuard (2)
Razor: Blackland Vector

I had two weepers today, and results were DFS+. A good shave, but not a great one! Rating: 8.9/10. The first use of this balm sample was pretty nice! It was soothing. Have a great beginning to a new week, everyone.

Top Bottom