What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Proraso
Brush: Parker silver tip badger
Razor: 1948-1950 Gillette Super Speed
Ranor blade: Gillette Rubie
Aftershave: witch hazel, Swank Jade East

Three pass BBS shave…almost. There was one patch under the jawline by the chin that I could feel when rubbing against the grain.

I’ll give it a 9/10.

The scent of Skin Bracer lasted until I took a shower the next day. Jade East lasted all day long (not 24 hours), but it’s less powerful than Skin Bracer. And that’s OK. Jade East will be used rarely. Smells like baby powder.

Titan 1918 ACRO T.H-70, ARKO stick face lathered with a Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic brush. Three very comfortable passes (WTG + 2 x XTG) gave my typical BBS+ result with, of course, no irritation. Finished with a splash of my Wahl Bay Rum and Dickenson Witch Hazel mix (75%/25%).

I really enjoy the weight and stiffness of this razor. A pleasure to shave with.

Rating 8/10.

full
Is this one a recent purchase? Is it a hollow ground razor?

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (D5)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Stirling Eucalyptus and Mint Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.82/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Is this one a recent purchase? Is it a hollow ground razor?
Not a recent purchase. This one was purchased late last year.

Blade material = special Japanese stainless steel custom made and heat treated
Edge Length = 68mm
Blade width = 20mm (6/8)
Grind = Full hollow (almost)
Tip = Dutch (round)
Mass = 72g
Smile = 1mm
Jimps = underside of shank only
Balance = 5mm from pivot pin away from blade when opened 180°
Spine thickness = 5.4mm
Bevel angle = 18.6°
Scales = Ebony timber with brass end cap at wedge pin
Wedge = parallel stainless steel
Pins = brass
Scales thickness = 15mm max near pivot pin
Overall length = 158mm closed and 240mm open 180°
Overall height = 23mm closed

The blade steel is very hard and fine grained. It takes a lot more work than normal to hone but takes a beautiful and lasting edge when done.

Trendhim.com still have one left in stock for USD 159 including shipping.

Last edited:
Razor: Dad's 1984 Gillette twist
Blade: Dorco st300 (4)
Soap: Stirling dunshire
Aftershave: Stirling Dunshire splash and balm
Rating: 9/10

Damnit what a great shave.
I love the Head of my Dad's old razor, top bad the handle is so light. It could definatly use some weight.
The Dorco blade gave me a nickless and effortless shave yet again though I get the feeling it's time to swap it for a new one.

IMG_20210925_101511_edit_5020086332567.jpg

Saturday morning.

Dovo "master's" 6/8 round point straight razor
Zenith 506 olivewood boar brush
Tabac
Marks and Spencer "Woodspice" (Amber) aftershave

I like this Dovo. Once you get beyond the basic models a lot of their razors seem to be a bit fancy for my tastes. (Usually this is where I look back through the previous day's posts and find someone enthusiastic about a Bismarck or Bergischer Lowe and I end up looking like "that bloke".)

Can't go wrong with a Zenith boar and Tabac. The aftershave is a UK high street easily-available classic with a reasonable price, and I like the smell.

I'll call it a "9" today.

25 September 2021
20210925_062003.jpg

Prep / Brush
Old Spice bar soap Using—Omega 11126--Italy
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Cream:
Proraso Green—Tube Only remaining cream
Blade:
Treet Platinum—Pakistan Shave #1
Lathering Brush:
Gray Dog—Ohio
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG light buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
10.0 BBS
Comments:
Tremendous 1st shave with a new Treet Platinum blade!! Today, yielded token stubble, but no nicks or weepers.

In early August I had a less than acceptable shave with a prior Treet Platinum blade. After 2 shaves I banked that blade conjecturing that it was a lemon.

611BCE45-2E5C-474C-B956-B84281616EA1.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo .72
Blade: Nacet (4)
Brush: Omega Jade
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Bay Rum

Good morning! I’ve mentioned before how much I like face lathering MWF with a boar brush - and I still do. Some nice slick lather today. Three pass shave, no mishaps, BBS. Finished with Captain’s Bay Rum and hyaluronic acid.

10+/10

Friday shave in Brooklyn from earlier this morning, two-passes, plus some clean-up, 10/10, BBS, one weeper, no irritation, and no stubble remaining:

Pre-shave: cool shower
Razors: Occam's Razor
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)
Brush: Shavemac 20mm Pure badger
Soap: MWF in a home done stick for travel
Post-shave: cold rinse, then Fine American Blend AS; this may be the only place I haven't left some Clubman in my travels :001_rolle

Have a great weekend all!

View attachment 1333557

Love your MWF shave stick. Brilliant!

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Paladin Chief
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
A big brush today: The Paladin Chief. An easy lather. Using the Wolfman-Personna Lab combo for the 4th time today. I think that this is my favorite blade in the razor – along with the Med Preps. A perfect early Saturday morning shave. Have a good one, folks.

9/25/21
Razor: Barbasol Floating Head
Blade: Gillette PermaSharp Super
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Cream: Captain’s Choice Venture
Lather: Bowl/Face combo
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

The Shave: WTG/ATG and XTG goatee touch up. The BFH is big and efficient, with good technique and a light touch it provides great shaves. Today my technique was on point so it was awesome.
The Solar Flare made great lather with the CC Venture. I was pampered by the wonderful scent and slick shaving cream. I closed out the shave like my Dad taught me…with a vigorous splash of Skin Bracer.
Excellent shave, no irritation, BBS results…10/10.
5278C13F-2515-4CCC-B3A5-59A8D0D09025.jpeg
4C230231-C75A-44F2-BA9C-146C0352CD7F.jpeg
A8FE5628-C347-4620-8EC2-661B4344512A.jpeg

View attachment 1332867

Razor: Razorock Lupo .72
Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Homemade Lavender

Good morning! While tidying my shelves the other day, I found a Stirling soap sample I’d forgotten about, so brought it out today. Bergamot Lavender is a very nice scent. Since
View attachment 1333755

Taking a new brush for a spin, exciting times, a Simpsons Eagle in their 3 band Super.
I've been dreaming about that brush.I contacted Simpsons on Thursday when i saw the unboxing to get a price but i haven't heard back yet.It just looks perfect for face lathering.Enjoy.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Sandalwood shave soap
Soap: Wet the Face The Quiet Man (Tallow base)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Emerald synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia Bay Rum

What an amazing shave...! The Wet the Face soap performed way beyond my hopes. Their vegan base did not make my slickness cut, but this tallow base...it's a keeper! I bought two of their tallow base soaps, The Quiet Man and Vintage Barbershop. Will definitely stay in my rotation. The Nacet blade felt great on shave #1. I bought them in quantity a while back and in the Lupo they seem to work very well. I see many members singing their praises. I mixed up a batch up Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia and Perfecto Maduro Bay Rum last night. I had to substitute another tobacco aftershave for the Vito's Colonia Tobacco which cannot be purchased in the States...so I used WSP's Tobacco and added some citrus oil/scent drops to it to bring in that orange citrus scent to the tobacco flower. I like both although I prefer the Virginia.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

A Kit 20210925.jpg

linty1

My wallet cries.
I've been dreaming about that brush.I contacted Simpsons on Thursday when i saw the unboxing to get a price but i haven't heard back yet.It just looks perfect for face lathering.Enjoy.
Honestly an Eagle was never on my radar until hearing in the Beagle thread how the handle was a lot of ppls favourite. I like 3 band more than 2 band so went this route instead. Its... well all relative, but wasn't as pricey as I thought a 3 band super would be from Simpson, the Eagles are actually at a good price point.

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6, Knurled
Blade :King C Gillette (1)
Brush: PAA Peregrino Synth, 24mm
Bowl: Crown King Scuttle

Lather: Crown King Alt Eleven Shave Soap

Post:Alum Block (not pictured) Thayer's Medicated Witch Hazel,
Alt Innsbruck 6660 EDC

Alt Innsbruck EDC and Alt Eleven Shave Soap both have the scent of the tobacco flower, not the leaf. I didn't know tobacco had a flower till I got the Alt Innsbruck EDC five or six years ago. I wish I could describe it for you.
The Shave was three passes and a touch-up. Crown King Alt Eleven made a great lather with the PAA Peregrino Synth. I had two small red dots on my chin. I took the alum block to them and it felt so good I ended up doing the whole shave. Post shave alum block, witch hazel and EDC
were very fine. No nicks or razor burn. BBS 9.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
20210924_200210~2.jpg

Titan 1918 ACRO T.H-70, ARKO stick face lathered with a Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic brush. Three very comfortable passes (WTG + 2 x XTG) gave my typical BBS+ result with, of course, no irritation. Finished with a splash of my Wahl Bay Rum and Dickenson Witch Hazel mix (75%/25%).

I really enjoy the weight and stiffness of this razor. A pleasure to shave with.

Rating 8/10.

full
[emoji38]I think I saw that brush on Ebay.

Top Bottom