What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6, Knurled
Blade: Dorco ST-300 Platinum (1)
Brush: Zenith 507 Boar, 27.5 (first use )
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather, B&M Latha Shaving Soap

B&M Latha, Le Petit Chypre Post-Shave Splash

First use of a Zenith brush. I'm impressed! Something about putting a new boar to face and knowing it will never feel like that again.
The 3ONE6 and the new Dorco ST-300 paired excellently.
The soap lathered well and the aftershaves were very good. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. Near total BBS. 9.5

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

23 September 2021 Shave

Pre-shave:
Warm shower. Applied some Cornhuskers Lotion
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Personna Blue (4th use)
Soap: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
Post shave: Alum block, Cremo AS Balm, Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

8/10. Three pass shave - setting 5 for WTG and XTG. Setting 3 for the ATG pass. Too aggressive (aarghh!!) for the smooth feel on the ATG pass on the neck - made evident with the alum block.
I use Corn Huskers Lotion as an aftershave sometimes.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Friday shave in Brooklyn from earlier this morning, two-passes, plus some clean-up, 10/10, BBS, one weeper, no irritation, and no stubble remaining:

Pre-shave: cool shower
Razors: Occam's Razor
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)
Brush: Shavemac 20mm Pure badger
Soap: MWF in a home done stick for travel
Post-shave: cold rinse, then Fine American Blend AS; this may be the only place I haven't left some Clubman in my travels :001_rolle

Have a great weekend all!

PXL_20210924_150918100.jpg

- Brush: Simpson Keyhole Best
- Razor: BIC Metal
- Blade:
- Soap: B&M O, Delight!
- Aftershave: B&M O, Delight! balm
- Post Shave: Hyaluronic Acid and Thayers witch hazel

I have had a 5 pack of these BICs for travel for ages and never tried them. Not bad at all. Like shaving with a mild DE.

The small Keyhole is a great little brush and O Delight is a nice fall soap. Very nice apricot/honey scent.

Not BBS, but a nice quick shave with my $0.50 razor. 8.5/10

53874728-2ABF-4E84-8845-CC140B33D351.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Bourbon Vanilla
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Waves
Brush: Fine synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS DC
Blade: Derby Usta (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: WSP Tobacco splash

A1 shave and result...DFS/BBS. Dual Comb Lupo was brilliant. Derby Usta felt like a dream on shave #3...hard to believe, but true. WSP Tobacco first use...this is a tobacco flower scent, not a cigar scent. Very nice! Once again, no picture today...pressed for time.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Razor: GEM PushButton (Gold) 1958 - 1965
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (12)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Proraso Sensitive Skin
Lather: Proraso White (Sensitive Skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
EDP: Dolce & Gabbana “The One”
C03DC454-DB94-4591-8902-3C2389348B14.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
The Dirty (Clean as a Baby Bottom) Dozen
Yikes! Twelve wonderful shaves on this blade and still feeling smooth. That’s pretty darn good. The GEM Push Button seemed to like it also. Now I’m in a dilemma, should I keep going, or bin the blade while I’m still ahead?
I stopped using pre-shaves a while back, but since I had the matching soap I figured “what the heck”, it can’t hurt. I bowl lathered the Proraso White today and think I may have created a lather that was perfectly up to factory specs. It was really quite good.
I don’t use my boar brushes that frequently, but this Semogue 1305 seems to be the one I instinctively grab the most. Great all around brush.
A little spritz of Dolce & Gabbana’s “The One”, and I’m off to the Apple store to see if I can pick up some chicks at the Genius Bar.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (9)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia"
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia"
Rating: 9.7/10: On the first cool morning in quite some time, I broke out my favorite fall/winter scent.

20210513_085636.jpg

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Cartridge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.
Today was the seventh shave on that blade and it is still delivering excellent shaves. The razor is very light, hollow plastic with a thin sheet metal backing, so it feels cheap. Great shaves, though!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Joh. Engstrom
Brush: 18mm Super badger restoration
Soap: MdC Original

Very pleased. The small knot from Golden Nib was outstanding. I was sceptical when it all came together, but slim nimble handle and tidy knot just work. Ample for two passes as is my preference. Great feel.
AF682531-5AC5-412D-B155-53F3BB301BD6.jpeg

My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Wade & Butcher Sheffield 11/16 Wedge​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele with 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Unscented​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
9.6/10 DFS!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Titan 1918 ACRO T.H-70, ARKO stick face lathered with a Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic brush. Three very comfortable passes (WTG + 2 x XTG) gave my typical BBS+ result with, of course, no irritation. Finished with a splash of my Wahl Bay Rum and Dickenson Witch Hazel mix (75%/25%).

I really enjoy the weight and stiffness of this razor. A pleasure to shave with.

Rating 8/10.

full

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210924_150124~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Beehive (28mm Synbad)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Great shave today:
tempImageo752K7.jpg

Brush: Razorock Tricolore
Lather: Stirling Piacenza
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3) -- enjoyed this blade. Three shaves is enough.
Razor: Blackbird
Post: Thayer's and Pinaud Clubman -- awesome feel and scent from the Clubman splash.

I tried a steeper angle with the Blackbird and lighter pressure than ever. Worked great! I had BBS- results with a few dots of blood that rinsed away. Minimal feedback from the splash and no irritation--a great shave. This was a 10/10 for me.

Sept Stirling Slant Sat 25 SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd + Double Shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice + Stirling Frost Drops
Nice pleasant scent from the soap. The lather is nicely creamy and slick too.
A very nice, smooth, and comfortable shave with this slant paired with the blade plus 2 shims. Blade chatter is further reduced resulting in enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were very good too. Rating 10/10!!
20210925_100556.jpg

Top Bottom