What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Sept Stirling Slant Fri 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Fatip OC Slant on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Executive Man Splash
An excellent soap with a very nice scent and lovely rich creamy slick lather...
An excellent shave too with the razor and blade combination! Super smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Good razor and even better blade! Unfortunately, 2 red creepers materialized affecting an otherwise perfect session. Aftershaves were excellent too!! Rating 9.5/10!!
20210924_090840.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210923_155529~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (CG Copper Bishop Variant Handle)
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Soap: Murphy and McNeil Garda Siochana
Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Garda Siochana Splash
Rating: 9.5/10

I know I’m getting repetitive but another fantastic shave with the Vector. The Pro Guard felt better on the second use resulting in a glass like BBS with no irritation. I’m still getting used to the slightly wider head compared to a DE so I nicked the edge of my Adam’s apple, operator error not the equipments fault.

B58DA95B-0615-4401-A3B7-AEF760D81C10.jpeg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (D4)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-Band Badger
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Skin Bracer AS Lotion
Rating : 9.73/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Prep : Warm Water soak
Razor: EJ DL89
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lix (2)
Brush: Genuine noname chinese synth
Soap: Auckland Razor Company / Lavender
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Nive sensitive balm

Also I shaved my daughter's legs (Proraso white, Feather Popular, Astra SP, synth brush) She was using some pink "for Her" cart nightmare and was really unhappy with the process and the result. The DE worked amazingly, no wonder why so many female go the DE way. The best part was the father-daughter talk, we sang a bit and made jokes, I am so proud of her. she learned to make lather that stays there. She is 15 and has a beautiful mind.

btw it's so easy and fun to shave somebody else, I wonder why nobody came up with the idea shaving others for money? :w00t:

Today's shave 3 days of growth

Muhle R41 Ikon SS 90mm handle
Gillette Nacet (1)
Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf
SV 70th
SV 70th aftershave

Frst shave with the R41 OC extremely efficient to say the least however it definitely requires focus and a light touch not the razor I would use daily but excellent for taking down several days of growth
9/10 👍
20210924_125932.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
IMG_20210922_105919.jpg
1870's George Butler "Shakespeare" with face-lathered ARKO using a Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic brush.

A very good shave. Not up to the standard of my best that I can currently get with my Cadman "Bengall" ⅝ but getting very close. I'll give it an 8/10.

Yesterday was exactly the same but using a Tabac tallow stick. That was not quite as good, say a 7/10.

ARKO has a slight edge on Tabac for me.

24 September 2021
20210924_063018.jpg

Prep / Brush
Old Spice bar soap Using—Gray Dog—Ohio
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Cream:
Proraso Green—Tube Only remaining cream
Blade:
Dorco Stainless—South Korea Shave #8
Lathering Brush:
Omega—11126--Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG lots of buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
8.5 CCS
Comments:
A dulling blade yielded an acceptable shave, but I had lots of stubble. However, no nicks or weepers.

Razor: GEM Junior 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Omega 10104 Boar
Soap: ARKO
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

The Shave: WTG/ATG/ATG passes for a BBS shave. No surprises in this line up. The Boar brush is painting great lather, the knot is loosening up, and tips are splitting. A very nice shave to finish the work week. 9.75/10
4170F843-7095-4085-97A5-3582700863CE.jpeg
DC75BA04-3220-4550-8EBB-2AF68E49F60C.jpeg
2F3BD724-B11B-469D-90CC-02D54F74ECFA.jpeg

1870's George Butler "Shakespeare" with face-lathered ARKO using a Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic brush.

A very good shave. Not up to the standard of my best that I can currently get with my Cadman "Bengall" ⅝ but getting very close. I'll give it an 8/10.

Yesterday was exactly the same but using a Tabac tallow stick. That was not quite as good, say a 7/10.

ARKO has a slight edge on Tabac for me.
Probably if you used a DE you would have gotten a 10/10 shave! :lemo:

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
A different brush today: Paladin PK 47. This was the first Paladin that I won during the Sue Auction. The brush did an easy job of making lather with the Coates cream. A perfect BBS shave. Have a good weekend, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 24th 2021

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by Tom White, @twhite, Mfg 2021, excellent results, smooth shave even on high settings. Maybe the way blade seats flat and just perfect design gives the stellar shave?
I won this interesting razor on a fund raiser Raffle (1of 4 made, proto type), Lucky Ron won a grail razor possibly. It does have small quirks but that are manageable.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3), Sharp & smooth with great longevity. My standard blade for testing other blades and shaving razors.
Soap: Speick shave stick, amazing spicy scent and excellent lather qualities, very nice soap and better than Tabac scent wise IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Moka Express, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(excellent + scentless).
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with the TARMAX DE adjustable by Tom with a Astra SP.

SOTD,  Sep 24th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Friday's shave
The Forgotten Blades edition

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Fat Handle Tech
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum, Teflon coated, #4
Soap: Cella Extra Bio in the tube
Brush: Stirling synthetic tuxedo
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Floid, The Original A/S splash in vintage bottle

DFS, 9.0 / 10

Nice shave, indeed. The Cella had little bits, about the size of uncooked couscous, that never disolved. Very irritating, althogh the lather was good. I'll be returning it. Anyone else had that issue? I love it in the tub, superlative product. The Schicks are still as smooth as a baby's bottom...but my shave wasn't. Good DFS today, but I'm going to test this blade for a week, and I suspect it's likely about a 4-shaver, but we shall see. Can't have a blade this comfortable but as sharp as a Feather, right?

The Floid was the star of the show this morning. I love it. I'm going to do a post on it versus Clubman, these two are probably my favorite two splashes, but jury is still out on if I'll reload this one or not. Highly recommended if you like Clubman type scents.

2021-09-24_shave.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: GEM PTFE De Splined only (6)
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Bowl: Blue Timeless Bowl
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS with one touch up. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Very good shave! Blade performance starting to wain, probably only two more shaves for this blade.

Top Bottom