What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 22nd 2021

Razor: Razor rock 2nd Gen Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, excellent design, easy under the nose, carefree type of shave.
Blade: Polsilver SI (1) great blade, Sharp & smooth. I always cork once to smooth the hard coating Iridium presents.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice scent (fresh) excellent lather qualities. I always like mixing it in with remnants of soap in bowl.
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24 mm Cashmere knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(great stuff + Scentless).
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with RR Lupo.72 + a Polsilver Super iridium blade.

SOTD,  Sep 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Traveling today from Westchester, NY to Brooklyn, so for kicks I used some of the stuff still around that was my Dad's, a one-pass CCS, 8/10, no weepers, no irritation, and just a little stubble remaining:

Pre-shave: cool shower
Razors: Gillette ATRA - mostly metal, early 1990s?
Blade: Unknown Atra compatible cartridge; knowing Dad it would have been the lowest cost one
Brush: None; they were already packed
Soap: Barbasol canned foam
Post-shave: cold rinse, then AV AS

Have a great day!
PXL_20210922_152720719.jpg

Razor: GEM G-Bar (V-Slim Heavy Flat Top) 1955-58
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (11)
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Purely Skinful - BAR-BEAR-IC (Black Bear Tallow)
Aftershave: Purely Skinful: BAR-BEAR-IC
C16AD382-8328-4971-8A35-AC21B9CAF8A1.jpeg
Shave Rating: 10/10
A Bear of a shave!
Eleven shaves and still smooth. I had planned to ditch this blade after ten shaves, but it just keep performing so admirably that I keep saying “okay, one more and your out of here”. GEM G-Bar…nice!
Black bears and berries seem to work well together. This black bear tallow soap is nice and slick while the aroma of dark berries is delicious.
I’m of the opinion that black bear tallow works better in a soap than it does up a tree in my front yard.
4368FE1C-3074-4B63-B784-F0E6BB02D8D0.jpeg

Fantastic shaves with your new razor (Vector Ti) are great to hear.

But your picture today is captivating, a remarkable photo.

If you’ll excuse me now, I’m just going to stare at the picture for a while. (I feel like Cameron in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.)

Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m having fun taking the photos and trying new things, glad they are being enjoyed by others too.

BTW, that is one of my favourite movies, I’ve seen it countless times and each time I watch it, I still enjoy it just as much. It made me laugh when I pictured Cameron, thanks

Razor RR Lupo 95
Blade Minora Stainless
Brush Badger
Soap WSP Olympus
Post shave Cold water splash and witch hazel

First use of a blade that's been on my radar for a while, the Minora stainless. Fortunately, the Lupo plays nice with just about any blade so I arrived at dfs/bbs with no drama other than one small weeper on my upper neck due to pilot error. The Minora puts me in mind of the 7 O'clock yellow, not Nacet level sharp but very smooth for me so if I can milk out 5 or more consistent shaves from one, then I'll call it a win.

9/10 and Chester Approved

20210922_121550.jpg

20210921_080318.jpg

Razor: Razorock Eco
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

Today:
Brush: Elite Azurite with Malachite 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Tallow + Steel Indian Bay
Razor: Raw RS-10
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow
Aftershave: DR Harris Bay Rum

I received the RS-10 yesterday from a BST. It wasn't cheap but I'm quite delighted. For the first time using a new razor, I don't think I've ever had a better beginning -- smooth, smooth, smooth and a nice close shave with but the tiniest (really tiny) nick. Feeling wonderful hours later. Got to give it a 9.9/10 with an ascending arrow!
2021.09.22 - RS-10 Indian Bay DRH  Bay Elite Quartz.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210922_110355~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (Timeless TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Graydog Backyard Maple Chubby (TNS 26mm Full Moon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Fragrance: Milton-Lloyd Essentials No. 3 EdP Spray

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Karve Brass Christopher Bradley. 3-1/2" Handle, SB-D​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: Semogue 1305 Pure Bristle Boar​
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap w/ Ceramic Bowl​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso White Alcohol Free After Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
9.2/10 DFS! No irritation! No nicks!

Razor RR Lupo 95
Blade Minora Stainless
Brush Badger
Soap WSP Olympus
Post shave Cold water splash and witch hazel

First use of a blade that's been on my radar for a while, the Minora stainless. Fortunately, the Lupo plays nice with just about any blade so I arrived at dfs/bbs with no drama other than one small weeper on my upper neck due to pilot error. The Minora puts me in mind of the 7 O'clock yellow, not Nacet level sharp but very smooth for me so if I can milk out 5 or more consistent shaves from one, then I'll call it a win.

9/10 and Chester Approved

View attachment 1332555
Chester is one cool cat!

9673B881-9FA6-47A6-861E-2D7498CA21ED.jpeg
Pre: Proraso white
Brush: Craving Shaving Supervisor
Lather: Dr Jon’s Anne Bonny
Blade: Personna med prep (3)
Razor: Karve brass w/D plate

Today I introduced some old favourites to my new best friends for a great mostly BBS shave. Anne Bonny is by far my favourite scent. 9.5

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Razor: Vintage Trac II with cart on its 13th shave.
Brush: Vintage Mary Kay Tribute Boar.
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Mug: Proraso
AS: Bootlegger’s Artic Lime Blast

Probably an 8 out of 10. I like the nostalgia of the vintage boar brush which was NOS when I first got it years ago, but it doesn’t lather that great.

Probably because of the low grade of boar hair and the raised glue knot that comes up a bit too high. Great looking vintage brush though.

B3A28002-9139-40F9-AD26-771247019C8A.jpeg

- Brush: Simpson Beaufort B6 Pure Badger
- Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.35 (SB side only)
- Blade: Nacet (1)
- Soap: St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot
- Aftershave: St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot gel
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Another great evening shave.

The Beaufort Pure bowl lathered the hell out of the JSOL cream. The Beaufort STILL smells a bit like wet dog after almost a dozen shaves which is nuts. Simpson Pure gets better and better with use IME and this brush is no exception (except the smell). Sandalwood and Bergamot is still my favourite cream by far and it is the soap/cream I own the most of.

The WR2 continues to excel with just about any blade. Nacet and the WR2 is another excellent combo.

Almost BBS. 9.5/10

90553480-6E8D-4ED1-8620-1E3F56618D7F.jpeg

Another great shave with the 26c:
tempImaged1oK6f.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 26mm
Lather: Haverford
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum (1) -- first ever use of this blade and I liked it
Razor: Parker 26c

Although I had the slightest bit of irritation at the end of the shave, it was otherwise very good. No blood. Uniform BBS- results. Rating: 9/10.

Top Bottom