What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

ATT SE1

Kai Captain Blade

Wars classic

Wars fresh

Good shave, the head and face, 9.5/10

IMG_20210921_082233.jpg

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Pro Touch MG (5)
Brush: Chisel and Hound Cenote / Shavemac 26mm D01 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy Lather Bowl - Abaco
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Splash and Balm
Rating: 10/10

I have had a few shaves with my new Vector, all good but last shave I figured out how to hold it for the ATG pass to get the closest and smoothest shave I’ve ever had. I was concerned I wouldn’t remember what I did but sometimes I get lucky. The past two shaves have been the best shaves of my life, the Vector has claimed it’s spot on the throne. Add the amazing scrub from my new favourite knot, the D01 2-band plus the intoxicating scent and incredibly slick lather of one of my top 3 scents, Le Grand Chypre and I couldn’t imagine a better shaving experience.

7F36A9A6-A23B-4633-8C06-D3E1157F9503.jpeg

New bowl is lookin sharp!
Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Pro Touch MG (5)
Brush: Chisel and Hound Cenote / Shavemac 26mm D01 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy Lather Bowl - Abaco
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Splash and Balm
Rating: 10/10

I have had a few shaves with my new Vector, all good but last shave I figured out how to hold it for the ATG pass to get the closest and smoothest shave I’ve ever had. I was concerned I wouldn’t remember what I did but sometimes I get lucky. The past two shaves have been the best shaves of my life, the Vector has claimed it’s spot on the throne. Add the amazing scrub from my new favourite knot, the D01 2-band plus the intoxicating scent and incredibly slick lather of one of my top 3 scents, Le Grand Chypre and I couldn’t imagine a better shaving experience.

View attachment 1331860

pre: hot shower
razor: EJ DL89
blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
brush: no name synthetic
soap: daughter's choice (Tabac)
post post: nivea sensitive balm

first encounter with the Rapira Platinum, very nice experience, I was reluctant after the voskhod butchery but surprisingly Rapira is performing much better. Alum was quiet on cheeks but gave loud feedback on the neck - user error I'd say. After the shave I felt a very mild irritation on my neck but it went away after half an hour or so. Looking forward to see the second shave with the Rapira Platinum.

Razor: 1975 Soviet adjustable anniversary edition
Blade: Voskhod (4)
Soap: Palmolive cream
Aftershave: Lucky tiger plus Clubman Pinaud

Took the Voskhod out of my Rockwell after 3 shave and had to put the Russian blade in the soviet razor.
What a difference a razor makes. This was not as comfy as combined with my T2.
Maybe the blade's lost it's edge...
Overall I just think the T2 is waaay smoother than the vintage Soviet, which is a pitty because it certainly is a stunner.
Result is bbs but with alot of irritation and a nick on my chin.

IMG_20210921_091259_edit_6660874880233.jpg

A 48-hour beard today, and I used almost the same gear I used while on evac in Birmingham:

Merkur Progress/Personna Red blade (1)

Proraso Green cream

Semogue boar brush (this was the difference; I hadn't used this brush in a while)

Pre-shower, CF Ghost Town Barber AS; post-shower, Assured lotion, Clubman Special Reserve AS, Clubman powder

After my work out, I washed the phiz with warm water and Arko soap (why not?), then applied the Proraso and face-lathered. Pass 1, skin-stretching on cheeks, WTG, setting 5; pass 2, throat only, ATG, down to 4; pass 3, throat only, skin-stretching, XTG and cleanup, setting 3. Very very nice.

Verdict: 9.6.

9.8 SOTD ❤
- Blackland Brassbird OC
-Bic Chrome Platinum (1st)
-PAA Switchback 400 26mm TGN Silvertip
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Ice Cube
-HC&C Beyond The Void set
-Barbadeux before the HC&C balm

Great shave, only thing was a blemish I got while buffing. Not the razor or blades fault.

Attachments

• 20210920_212639.jpg
    20210920_212639.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 5

21 September 2021
20210921_062546.jpg

Prep / Brush
Old Spice bar soap Using—Gray Dog—Ohio
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Cream:
Proraso Green—Tube Only remaining cream
Blade:
Dorco Stainless—South Korea Shave #4
Lathering Brush:
Omega—11126--Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG light buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
10.0 BBs
Comments:
Another stubble, nick, and weeper free shave this morning.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Tuesday's shave
The Forgotten Blades edition

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: 1940's fat-handle Tech
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum, Teflon coated, #1
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Omega Professional
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Cell red A/S splash

DFS, 9.0 / 10

How did I forget about these? When I was working in Chicago, my wife buried these somewhere, and I stumbled upon them again while cleaning my closet. :c9: Shortly after joining here, I got about 100 of these blades off eBay. I'm not saying how many I have left. lol

Anyway, as wonderful as I remember them. The most surprising thing about them is that they are as smooth on on the first shave as any more modern blades are on shave #2. I don't know why that is, and I cannot imagine how we actually lost technology in these things, but there you have it.

The.
Smoothest.
Blade.
Ever.

As I recall these are good for about a week's worth of shaves, too. I will report as the shaves progress.

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

2021-09-21_shave.jpg

Last edited:
Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace, The Deamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today’s shave starts with the Coates Sandalwood cream coupled with the Paladin El Dorado brush – one of my favorite brushes. The brush easily made a nice lather. The Wolfman is loaded with a Wizamet blade for the second shave with this combo. A smooth, BBS shave. Have a great day, folks.

SEptember 21: Outstanding shave.
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Semogue Butterscotch SOC Boar
Cream: Mogno
Lather: Scuttle/Face combo
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

The Shave: WTG/XTG/ 2 ATG passes for a BBS shave. The 19th and final shave for this PTFE blade, it’s lost too much efficiency and I have plenty of blades.
Nice warm scuttle lather and the Mogno cream is a solid workhorse. Used Skin Bracer to finish a fine shave. 9/10.
E544FE9D-D8A0-4197-9ECC-9A62988B14E6.jpeg
83F6BB66-2663-42BF-91E4-FB8F6E1941C1.jpeg

Gamechanger.84,Voskhod(1),Tabac tallow,Semogue 620,Thayers,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post.Superb shave with the gamechanger easy BBS no cut's weepers or irritation.I haven't found a blade that this razor doesn't like where as my Lupo works best with sharper blades for me.It does take me a little longer on pickups though probably about another 30-45 seconds.I really couldn't fault this shave it's a 10/10 today.Take care happy shaves everyone.
20210921_144039[1].jpg

Tuesday's shave
The Forgotten Blades edition

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: 1940's fat-handle Tech
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum, Teflon coated, #1
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Omega Professional
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Cell red A/S splash

DFS, 9.0 / 10

How did I forget about these? When I was working in Chicago, my wife buried these somewhere, and I stumbled upon them again while cleaning my closet. :c9: Shortly after joining here, I got about 100 of these blades off eBay. I'm not saying how many I have left. lol

Anyway, as wonderful as I remember them. The most surprising thing about them is that they are as smooth on on the first shave as any more modern blades are on shave #2. I don't know why that is, and I cannot imagine how we actually lost technology in these things, but there you have it.

The.
Smoothest.
Blade.
Ever.

As I recall these are good for about a week's worth of shaves, too. I will report as the shaves progress.

View attachment 1331941
View attachment 1331942
View attachment 1331943
View attachment 1331945
WOW! Buried treasure!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, SEptemper, 21st 2021

Razor: Star bar#4 model- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, very easy to shave with and the audio feedback is just what I enjoy the most. I mostly receive stellar shaves with this lather catcher.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, I really enjoy this masculine scented soap with excellent lather qualities. (Discontinued, there's hope )
Brush: Yaqi 24mm High mountain Silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender :001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea moisturizer balm(great + scentless)
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.

SOTD,  Sep 21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Merkur Futur (2.5) (2) & (1)
Blade: Israeli Personna (1)
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic (local)

Lather: RazoRock Irish Countryside Shaving Soap Cream

RazoRock Irish Countryside After Shaving Splash

A good, close shave. The Futur is a very good razor. I read some have an issue with it under the nose but I've had a moustache most my adult life so I haven't experienced that.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Soap: Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Razor: GEM 1912
Blade: GEM stainless (1)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Had issues with my beloved Osage Rub yesterday, but was fine today. I realized I've been using a new face wash so I cut it out of the mix this morning and there was no bad reaction with the aftershave thank goodness. I'll just use the face wash at night. I'll still have to experiment if that was the actual cause of the reaction to Osage Rub but for now I'll just do without.

First GEM shave in a LONG time. My first impression of the razor was how fantastic it was. Then upon revisiting I took out a blade and noticed an imperfection in the edge, so immediately tossed it. Unfortunately I did not bother to check the replacement blade and got the most wicked irritation I've ever had, and upon inspection of the blade I saw why. After that I put the razor away and forgot about it.

Decided to (literally) dust it off this morning and give it another go, and carefully inspected a new blade. With a DE on deck just in case, I gave it a whirl and man, what a beast of a razor. Whatever feedback I find so satisfying from using a straight razor is there with the GEM. Just so buttery smooth and effortless. I love using a DE don't get me wrong, but this GEM and a straight razor are better (for me).

10/10

Top Bottom