What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Mostly Cloudy Friday Shave:

Fatip OC Mk1 w/ wenge wood handle
Gillette London Bridge blade (3)
Omega 11137 boar brush
PAA Ice Cube pre-shave soap
RR The Dead Sea shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel w/ Pereja limon kolonya
RR The Dead Sea splash

Clean, very close shave; accidental BBS

Pulled out the Fatip OC Mk1 Piccolo and tried the longer wood handle with it -- worked well. Very close shave and a good test for the London Bridge blade.

Did the FULL “Proraso” - preshave cream, original shave cream, original aftershave.

Goddamn, if that doesnt make for the PERFECT shave combo. 🥰

After so many years and different vendors/combos, still my ATF/desert island pick. 🏖💈😊

0AA19225-46B7-4413-93FF-D048FFBC2B47.jpeg

Perma-Sharp blade is excellent, but I've decided it's not GSB equivalent nor will it topple my beloved 7 O'Clock balcks. Great blade, nonetheless...
I thought you liked them pretty well...
...I'm impressed with these Perma Sharp blades...If they are not GSB or Nacet equivalents, they are certainly in the same neighborhood. Smoothed up a lot on shave #2. ..
...And the Perma-Sharp are, I think the equivalent of the GSB and Nacets in terms of sharp-and-smooth, fast becoming a favorite blade. If they are not the equal to those two, they are darn close!
Blades like the GSBs, Perma-Sharp Supers, 7 O'clock Blacks, Nacets, and Personna Med Preps are all pretty fine by me. I've noticed the GSBs are a crowd favorite, while the Perma-Sharp Supers seem to be the choice of a sizeable minority. This might depend on what you are accustomed to using. It might also depend on your choices in razors. For the Fatip OC razors, the Perma-Sharp Supers are a very good match.

I got those Tatar blades with my Winning razor and I still haven’t tried one yet. What are your thoughts on it? Which reminds me tomorrow is Fatip Friday. I need to break out the FOCS you gave me tomorrow!
My shave notes indicate I had great shaves with this blade the past couple days and didn't write anything about the blade specifically--that's probably the best compliment I could pay! It just disappeared into a working equation with two very different razors. Cool wrapper, too, it's nice to see something different.

tempImageodh85p.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 26mm tuxedo
Lather: Stirling Glacial Black Cherry
Blade: Tatra (2)
Razor: Blackbird
Post: Thayer's and Old Spice -- the sweetness in the Old Spice matched the Cherry in the soap today

Another excellent shave to round out the week. I switched to warm water today to balance out the high mentholation of the soap. BBS results except for the point of the chin. One small nick above the upper lip during the ATG pass, but it closed up on its own. Rating: 9.8/10 and looking forward to the weekend. Have a good one.

Today's shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Gillette Slim (6)
Blade: GSB

Soap: Cella Red Tub
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Old Spice

BBS

View attachment 1329741

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
AP Shaving Tuxedo Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Boy did this week go fast. Friday’s shave is the 3rd use of the Ethos Lavender. Ethos could turn out to be my favorite artisan soap. It is one of the easiest soaps to lather. The AP shaving brush did a satisfactory job of making lather. The Wolfman – Med Prep combo did a fine job of cutting the whiskers. A nice, smooth BBS shave. A beautiful day today. Have a great weekend, B&Bers.
Did you get the firm base?

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41(2013)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (D2)
Brush: Shavemac custom Silvertip Badger
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + AXE DENIM AS Lotion
Rating : 9.82/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Saturday morning.

Ralf Aust 5/8 square point straight razor
Simpson Trafalgar T3 brush
Wickham's "Citrus Musk" soap
"Denim" aftershave

One of the basic black scaled Aust razors, but still a thing of beauty. Always a pleasure.

I've been accumulating soaps at a ridiculous rate, and hadn't got round to this one for a while. I'd read that the vegetal soaps could "go off", but I've had this one for a year and it still smells good and does well - though I tend to let them dry for most of the morning before putting the lid back on, so maybe that's doing some good. Maybe it's not, but it's turned into something of a habit and it does fill the bathroom with a pleasant stink each morning.

T3 and Denim aftershave fall into the "known reliable" category.

I've been trying to avoid giving full marks to make the idea of perfection seem more elusive, but enough of that pretentious nonsense today. I'll give it a "10" and I'm off to give my face another rub.

Saturday's Soviet Shaverday.

Razor: 1975 Soviet adjustable Leningrad anniversary edition
Blade: Gillette platinum (3)
Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Aftershave: Proraso alum and Proraso green balm
Result: Good shave but my first 3 Voskhod experiences felt less aggressive. Couple of small nicks other than that the results are slick.

IMG_20210918_085643_edit_3223705155236.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution SE
Blade: Feather ProGuard
Brush: Yaqi Aqua 24mm
Prep: Shower & Executive Shaving Pre-Shave Oil
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Shaving
Post Shave: Osma Alum Block, Dickinson's With Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Albion Splash & Post Shave Balm

This was a first run out for my ES Claymore Evolution and I was not disappointed. A three pass shave produced a BBS with no irritation or nicks etc. Very smooth & efficient and most importantly an enjoyable Saturday morning un-hurried shave reminding me why I embraced this hobby, taking it from something bland to a whole different level of satisfaction.

Sept Stirling SR Sat 18 SOTD
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Gents Gin
Another excellent soap! The scent is abit mild but nice! The lather is just nicely creamy and slick...
Today's shave with this razor was very good and enjoyable. It was very smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues at all and the results are getting better...dfs+, some ccs/sas. Love the razor's feel & heft. Aftershaves were awesome as well!
Rating 9.7/10
20210918_170018.jpg

18 September 2021
20210918_054814.jpg

Prep Brush
Old Spice bar soap Using Omega—Gray Dog—Ohio
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Cream:
Old Spice Original—India Last shave all gone
Blade:
Dorco Stainless—South Korea Shave #2
Lathering Brush:
Omega—11126--Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG slight buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
10.0 BBS
Comments:
An incredibly smooth shave, no stubble, no nicks, but two very tiny weepers—no styptic pencil or alum needed.

Top Bottom