What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Razor: Maggard V2, OC on a
Utopia Handle
Blade: Rockwell Swedish Stainless (1)
Brush: Frank Shaving Silvertip Badger, Chrome, 22mm

Lather: Queen Charlotte Soaps Vetiver Shaving Cream

Fine Vetiver Aftershave Splash,
HTGAM Vetiver Aftershave Lotion

Vetiver Tuesday.
I've never used a Rockwell Blade that felt smooth or comfortable. They aren't the sharpest tool in the shed either. That doesn't mean they don't work. Three passes and a touch-up gave me a BBS finish. The Maggard V2 OC is a good head. The handle came from a $10. razor off Amazon. The Utopia head was well worth throwing away and the handle well worth $10.
Shaving Cream was good, not great. I read Queen Charlotte closed shop a few years ago.
The post shave items were great.
BBS 10.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

That's a classy looking razor.

Tuesday morning shave, a very nice first shave while staying in suburban New York; two passes, plus clean up, 9++/10, DFS , no weepers, no irritation, and minimal stubble remaining:

Pre-shave: cool shower
Razors: SNMIRN adjustable razor- set on four, left this razor here from my last trip- not a bad shaver for a $10 adjustable off Amazon
Blade: Nacet (2)- shaved fine, nice sharp blade
Brush: Shavemac 20mm Pure badger- brush is performing nicely
Soap: Mogno shave bar- it's a very good easy to lather lather, budget soap
Post-shave: cold rinse, then some Fine American Blend AS splash- no sting, and a good scent

Have a great day!

PXL_20210914_132313027.jpg

Lupo.95,Astra SP(2),Tabac(tallow)Thayers,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post.Haven't used this blade in the Lupo for a while and it was superb.Another easy BBS but i did have two small weepers on chin.It's a 9/10 today.Take care happy shaves everyone.
20210914_164117[1].jpg

Last edited:
20210913_082758.jpg

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless matte black
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.8

Today's Shave: 14-September-2021

Pre-shave: Musgo Real Lime Pre-shave Soap
Soap: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
Razor: Weber SS with the long handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2nd use)
Aftershave: WH, Cremo Post Shave Balm, Pinaud Citrus Musk

9/10. One day's growth. The 7 O'clock yellow with the Weber seems to be a good match. Three passes with only minor touch ups. The 7 O'clock yellows are good blades. TOBS, as usual, lathered wonderfully.

Cheers!

Razor: King C. Gillette
Blade: Derby Extra (3rd use)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Lather: Martin De Candre - Original
Postshave: alum block
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Vanilla

Score: 9.857/10

Wow! Great shave! I generated the lather using the Marco Method. For MdC, it only takes thirty seconds to load, and I have more than enough for a three pass shave, whereas all of my other soaps require around sixty.

I’m in my thirties. I tell people that Lilac Vegetal smells a lot like my grandpa. Whereas upon the initial splash, Pinaud Clubman Vanilla smells distinctly like some of the colognes my father (a baby boomer) use to wear when I was growing up. When those initial notes fade, the vanilla becomes more prominent. I like it more than I thought I would, and would recommend it.

20FDCDE5-E8E6-45A0-B677-F3257DBC55B7.jpeg

My Tuesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Karve Brass Christopher Bradley. 3-1/2" Handle, OC-D​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Unscented​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
9.2/10 DFS!

This brings me to the end of the Summer of Seven Stirling Soap Samples!
tempImageBEfy4T.jpg

Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Lather: Stirling Island Man -- "don't let the door hit ya on the way out..."
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (1)
Razor: Blackbird

I shaved on just 20 hours of growth today, so I took extra care to go light on trouble areas. This was a very nice, easy shave. Island Man is an unremarkable scent, IMO. I'm glad I don't have a full tub of it to work through. Results: DFS with only moderate feedback from the aftershave splash. Rating: 9.2/10. I am enjoying lighter shaves these last few days or so.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
8E86858D-3ADB-41B9-A659-EEC1D070E855.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapNoble Otter Barrbarr, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Synthesis G6 Badger Fan, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR2 1.05, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeGillette 7 O’clock yellow, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceTom Ford Plum Japonais, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

Last edited:
- Brush: Simpson Polo 10 Best
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate 5)
- Blade: Feather (2)
- Soap: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea
- Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Used my 6S tonight for the first time in a couple of months. Very smooth razor on the face but just doesn’t cut as close as my Wolfman or Karve. Even with a Feather blade it is almost impossible to cut yourself though.

The Somerset Polo 10 is a total beast. Super soft hairs (softer than modern Simpson Super) and holds a ton of lather. You have to fight with it as it likes to hold on to as much as it can. Takes forever to rinse out but it is a fun brush to use. Iced tea is a weird one. Main scent is basil with a tiny bit of lemon tea. Very cooling though as is the AS. Last shave with Iced Tea until next spring as I am bringing out more fall scents.

8.5/10

9AAC08A5-3425-475E-9A9D-A391F76AD4B5.jpeg

Today's Shave: 14-September-2021

Pre-shave: Musgo Real Lime Pre-shave Soap
Soap: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
Razor: Weber SS with the long handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2nd use)
Aftershave: WH, Cremo Post Shave Balm, Pinaud Citrus Musk

9/10. One day's growth. The 7 O'clock yellow with the Weber seems to be a good match. Three passes with only minor touch ups. The 7 O'clock yellows are good blades. TOBS, as usual, lathered wonderfully.

Cheers!
Love TOBS! Pretty much all I use is traditional English creams. I have three soaps: B&M Seville, Stirling Executive Man and DR HARRIS Arlington. How would you compare the 7 O’clock yellows to GSB or Voshkod?

Top Bottom