What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Lupo.95,GWS(2),MDC Fougere,Simpsons chubby1 super,Thayers,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post.Another easy BBS one weeper on upper lip so deducting half a point.Third time using this soap and i'm well impressed.It's now one of my favorite soaps.Today it's a really enjoyable chilled out shave with superb products.A joy to use them so a 9.5/10.Take care happy shaves everyone.View attachment 1327130
Really glad you are enjoying the soap

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Dorko
Brush: Omega Jade
Soap: Canada unscented

Just right.
E53F95FF-5D3C-4475-B9D7-383F8E4A27C4.jpeg

Today's shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Gillette Slim (6)
Blade: GSB

Soap: Cella Red Tub
Brush: Stirling finest Badger Shave Brush
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Fine Santal Absolut

Four days of growth BBS

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210912_112802~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird SB (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Floïd The Genuine
Fragrance: L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense EdT

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Today, the best shave I've had in about 2 weeks!

Fatip Open Comb Slant (FOCS)/Personna Lab Blue blade (3)

Tabac in stick form

AP Shave Co. synth brush

Proraso Green aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

I've been shaving while on evacuation from Ida, using the Merkur Progress w/ a Personna Red and Proraso Green cream. But a slant does such a great job, especially on a longer beard like today's 60 hours. I was also able to soften my shave water with baking soda for the first time in a fortnight. After a quick face wash with Dial, I applied the Tabac and face-lathered. Pass 1, skin-stretching on the cheeks, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG; pass 3, throat only and with skin-stretching, XTG. About as close as I've ever come to BBS and without irritation of nicks. Amazing.

Verdict: 9.8.

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower. 2 1/2 days growth​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Lee Magnetic Steel w/ Leopardwood Replacement Scales​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White Fan​
Soap: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme w/ Shea Butter​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme After Shave Balm w/ Shea Butter​
9.8/10 DFS!
  • -0.1 for just a hint of irritation
  • -0.1 for one minor nick that disappeared with my rinse
  • This razor is awesome! The blade is excellent! The edge cut through my2-12/ days growth with no problem. The scales are gorgeous! (Sorry that I have been too busy to post pics of anything the last couple of months.) However, the scales need a little more heft to balance out the razor...

Today’s shave was another unbelievable one, the Tabac was forming thick creamy lather from the puck container almost instantly. The WTG and XTG passes I could not even feel the blade, the ATG pass I could hear the blade and only felt it slightly, it was a zero irritation BBS with no touch up necessary.

Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2, 2 Band Silvertip

Blade: Personna Israeli Red (1)

Soap: Tabac 😃😃😃, I know most people liked the old formula and for them I am sorry it changed, for me I am incredibly excited with the new Tabac. It is definitely permanently in my soap rotation.

Razor: WR2 SB 1.35mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid

12.5/10 just .5 above yesterday’s shave
4B2A409E-A168-43C4-83F4-247F7C9E506C.jpeg
6FC1AB47-BFFB-441F-BC96-78FF15259663.jpeg
B2FDB41C-F4B0-49C4-8E21-383D8903C50A.jpeg

Great to see lots of guys reporting such awesome shaves! My first Slantember shave:

tempImage2dmAWj.jpg

Brush: PAA Solar Flare -- 1st use and loved it; details below
Lather: Stirling Island Man -- getting close to finishing this; it has a mild, non-descript spice scent, but that's about it...
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Razor: Razorock German 37 slant

The German 37 is a great razor. It would be a perfect travel razor--quick, comfortable, easy to use, inexpensive to replace if lost or broken. Results were DFS+ at least, with a closer shave on my upper lip than my Blackbird (recently)! Now that's comfortable efficiency. I had three blood dots that closed on their own, and somehow left parts of my neck rough. Rating: 9.1/10.

The Solar Flare was a surprise--I found that it had more backbone than the other PAA brushes I own, which I didn't expect. I thought it would be soft all around. The tips of the knot are extremely soft, however. With a slightly less dense knot, more backbone, and soft tips, I think it replicates a very well broken-in boar. The handle is chunky and ergonomic. This is going to be a fun brush in my rotation, and I think it's a stunner to look at.

FFD8B317-CA16-45E0-9812-6E2332425DF3.jpeg

Pre: Proraso white
Brush: Craving Shaving boss synth
Lather: OA Stay Trad w/frost drops
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)
Razor: RR Aluminum Hawk

First dance with the Hawk. Light as all get out, but really efficient. I love it when a razor amazes you right off the bat. A little chatter, perhaps due to the weight, but a great BBS shave after 3 passes. 👌🏽

I just went back with the Mach 3 and Barbasol lol :blushing:

As I said in the other thread, it’s not as good quality, nor as versatile as a wet shave with DE (only works well with a days worth of stubble in my experience), but some times I just like to take a break 👍, or I’m short on time.

On a scale of 1-10 I’d say it was a 6, I’ve had better but it was satisfactory

Hmmm come to think of it, maybe I’ll try my Merkur 38C with the Barbasol tomorrow!

Sept Stirling SE Mon 13 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man Splash & Frost Drops
Wonderful scent from this soap. The lather is nicely creamy and very slick too...
Shave with this AC razor paired with the blade is the usual silky smooth, comfortable, and efficient 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Really good quality shave and would have used this more if not for the expensive blades. Matching aftershave with some frost drops is really something...Rating 10/10!
20210913_104651.jpg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRB Shavette
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Green Indian Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT Original AS Lotion
Rating : 9.82/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
BC62B0B6-D150-4D16-A4E0-7A528C12F70B.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapNoble Otter Noir et Vanille, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Fallen G6 Badger Fan, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorFaTip Piccolo Slant, Italy 🇮🇹
BladeAstra SS, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePenhaligon’s Halfeti Leather, UK 🇬🇧
Rating9/10

10/10
A fantastic shave today[emoji7]
-Blackland Brassbird OC
-Nacet (1st)
-Sawdust Creations w/ 26mm shoat boar knot
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA mentholated immortal peach cube
-M&M South Beach trifecta

The nacet worked flawlessly in the brassbird. Very smooth and efficient. No nics, cuts or irritation. No alum feedback to speak of.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Yesterday and today.

Omega Jade Boar
Haslinger Schafmilch
GSB (7) and...
DE89!

I was bored, so I thought about giving the DE a spin.

Every time I use it, it strikes me as a very “uniform” shaver: hard to spot an area where there’s more stubble left. Very even.

But I also find it a little less comfortable than my Gillette Goodwill. And way, way less charming!

And yes, one weeper.

PS. The Jade is still hungry. At least when compared to the T3. I have to go back to the puck for a 2nd pass. But it feels great!

And I just don’t feel like using the Semogue 1800 anymore.

Overall - 8, cause it’s important to change sometimes.

C90D08DC-D46D-4F7D-B782-D2660FFB5982.jpeg

Today

Back in business

Omega out; Trafalgar T3 in.

DE89 out; Gillette Brazilian Goodwill in.

GSB (8), for the experiment. Retired. 7 is probably its upper limit.

Haslinger Schafmilch. I called this soap tofu after using it for the first time. Please ignore what I say until I try something for 3 or 4 times! The Schafmilch is becoming my favorite soap.

It’s really interesting to alternate between the T3 and the Jade.

I’ve become a fan of the T3, after it trailed the T2 for quite a while. For some reason, my T2 feels - or has become - somewhat prickly. The T3 doesn’t.

Overall - 9.

9A7FBEE2-C3E2-4B84-8220-4BD8E198D49B.jpeg

Top Bottom