What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: GEM B-Bar
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Bowl: Blue Stirling Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Stypic Pencil, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.5/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS shave. Four weepers, no cuts or irritation. Again needed two touch ups on neck, no ill effects. Guess I am out of practice using a GEM razor. Happy with the outcome of the shave, upset on the weepers and am sure they are my fault.
Correction: Should be GEM G-Bar

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
2D1A44DC-D5DE-4667-93B5-186D87E5C6F9.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA CAD, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Sunset G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorPAA Meta 4, USA 🇺🇸
BladeWilkinson Sword, China 🇨🇳
Post ShaveAlum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Honeysuckle, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9/10

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (D3)
Brush: Omega 31064 Boar
Soap: Pearlman CoffeeOP Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Balm
Rating : 9.68/10 :pipe:

Close and buttery smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

What did I use yesterday on my 36-hour beard? A razor -- and a flashlight!

Gillette postwar fat-handled Tech in champagne gold; new Feather blade

Stirling Texas on Fire soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Fine Platinum aftershave

Earlier on Sunday I'd cleaned the Tech and replaced the blade, which I do with all the razors at the first of each month, so it was ready to go. The plan was to shave at 4 pm or so. Well, the power went out at my place at 2:30! I decided to shave to kill some time as I waited for the power company to correct the outage. I set my bigger LED flashlight on end; the beam bounced off the white ceiling tiles and made the room almost bright enough to read by. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, no skin stretching, ATG, with a little bit of XTG cleanup, and then aftershave to finish. (The power issue turned out to be the central breaker for my apartment block, which had kicked off oddly before the rain storm which providentially kept the temps down while I sat and read by daylight.)

Verdict: 9.4.

Mon 2nd SR SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Sea Citrus
This cream has been long-ignored and wow it was dang nice. Pleasant fresh scent and woooo, what a lovely creamy slick lather...some cooling sensation too!
Shave with the razor was uneventful but still not satisfied with the efficiency. The edge was still smooth and comfortable in 3passes+ for a between ccs to sas result without any weepers. Aftershaves were always good. Rating 9.3/10!
20210802_150828.jpg

02 August 2021
20210802_055030.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
Omega—11126--Italy
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (rain water)
Brushes:
Gray Dog—Ohio
Blade:
Lord Platinum—India (google Search) Shave #2
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
10.0 BBS
Comments:
An absolutely perfect shave. No stubble, nicks or weepers.

4A7F3ABD-C135-4D76-96B5-2672FC5536D5.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Wizamet (5)
Brush: Omega Jade
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good morning! A very nice shave. I love face lathering MWF with a boar brush. The Wizamet blade was very smooth, might be slowing down a little. I may start a new blade tomorrow, but could certainly go a couple more. Finished with Santa Paula.

9.5/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla scent (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: La Toja Shave Cream (tube)
Brush: Pinaud Clubman synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Sharp Titanium (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Oleo Soapworks El Caballero splash (skin food formula)

Very good shave. Had on weeper...that turned into a decent bleeder on the lower left of my neck. Took a whole point off for that. It's been coming on I think and this morning it finally let loose. All good. La Toja is a little light and airy, but nice...I like the scent, fresh and clean with a very mild spice. Paired it with El Caballero which is Bay Rum with some spice in it. Seems to work.

No picture today...pressed for time.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Razor: Karve Plate E, SB
Blade: Voskhod Teflon (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar, 26mm
Bowl: Timeless Razor Lather Bowl

Lather: Barrister & Mann LAVANILLE Soap

RazoRock XXX After Shaving Splash

Near total BBS. Excellent soap and post shaves too. The Karve E plate really works well for me. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Three days of shaves. I have been too busy to post:

Friday Morning - 9.8

• Super fast one pass shave, Merkur Progress Long Handle 510 #3, Gillette Nacet (2), Semogue 1305 Pure Bristle Boar, Murphy & McNeil Nil Scent, Thayers Original Witch Hazel, Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Post-Shave
  • Super fast shave that was surprisingly close. (I had a day trip to help my daughter's family move...)
Saturday Afternoon - 8.5
  • Super fast one pass shave, Le Grelot 5/8, Semogue 1305 Pure Bristle Boar, Murphy & McNeil Nil Scent, Thayers Original Witch Hazel, Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Post-Shave
  • Super fast shave that was okay. (I had a last minute message from a life-long buddy that he was in town for a couple of hours and wanted to stop by. He asked if he should bring beer. I said "Duh - yes")
Sunday (Today) Afternoon - 9.9
  • Two pass shave, Le Grelot Campiono 309 5/8, Rudy Vey B&B Shavemac Finest 22mm, Proraso White: pre-shave - shaving soap - aftershave, Thayers Original Witch Hazel
  • DFS! Excellent smooth shave! One small nick prevented a 10. A nice relaxing shave - finally! (Ahhhh.... Back to normalcy!)
I'm kinda awed by super fast SR shaves. I've watched it on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut
Brush
T&H Silvertip Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Today I am using my favorite slant razor: the ATT S-1. It is loaded with a Wizamet blade, a nice combination. I was planning to use a different soap this month but decided to keep going with the Haslinger Coconut/GFT Sandalwood Cream but may add another soap. The Haslinger with the tallow formula does a nice job. I can’t detect any scent, but its performance is excellent. A very nice, BBS shave. Have a good one, guys.

Top Bottom