What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Dorco prime platinum (4)
Brush: Caisson Shaving 24mm synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice copper
Pre-Shave: Cremo daily face wash; Proraso white pre-shave
Soap: Caisson Shaving Code Four - citrus, eucalyptus and cedarwood
Aftershave: Alum block, Proraso white AS balm
Rating: 8/10 DFS

So far out of the synths in my collection this one is my favorite, slight backbone to it, and the handle feels great working with the lather. Caisson Shaving soap, love the scent and decent slickness to the lather. Barely any stinging from the alum block. I think I'm going to go for use #5 out of the blade since there wasn't any pulling or tugging.
PXL_20210722_011125681.jpg
PXL_20210722_013032916.jpg

- Brush: Simpson Beaufort 6 Pure Badger
- Razor: Rockwell 6S R5
- Blade: Polsilver Poland “Unobtainium“ (3)
- Soap: Stirling Alighieri
- Aftershave: Stirling Alighieri
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

I am loving the NOS Polsilvers! Such a great blade. Had my 3rd shave with this blade and it will go longer. I rarely go past 3 shaves with any blade, it this has lots of life left. Perfect match with the 6S. Plate 5 and less than 24 hours between shaves and it was still BBS with no irritation or issues. 👍

Alighieri is a Dior Fahrenheit duke and is a nice cologne scent. I really like the 3oz soap tubs and 50ml AS sizes.

Another excellent shave!

10/10.

066D1213-655D-4937-83A1-301E2C9562FB.jpeg

Thu 22 SE SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Ever reliable cream! Nice scent, so easy to create a rich creamy and slick lather...
Ever reliable razor and blade combination! Effortless, fast, silky smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs result without any issues...so good (best for after a rough shave previously)! Matching aftershave was great! Rating 10/10!
20210722_092823.jpg

tempImages38mNI.jpg

Brush: RR Tricolore
Lather: Campania
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Razor: 1955 Tech
Splash: Old Spice
Balm: Duke Cannon (not pictured)

Final travel shave with this gear; I took the picture when I got home. Nice shave. No blood or problems. DFS. A little rough under chin again; the Tech is a little too mild of a razor to really get my problem areas smooth consistently, but it is great to travel with. Rating: 9/10.

Tabac soap
Parker silver tip badger brush
1967 Gillette Slim adjustable razor
Gillette Nacet blade
witch hazel
Phoenix Shaving Galactic Aloe Vera Gel
Chiseled Face Trade Winds aftershave

First time use of the Slim razor and Nacet blade. Very nice. The Slim was comfortable in the hand and handled well. It was definitely heavier than the 1965 Super Speed I have normally used, so, out of curiosity, I weighed them. The Super Speed was 2 oz. The Slim was 2.5 oz. The 1960 Fatboy that I set aside today to use the Slim was 2.8 oz.

8.9/10

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Feather Artist Club DX
Blade: Feather Super Professional Blade (D2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in BEST Badger
Soap: Pearlman CoffeeOP Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT AS Lotion
Rating : 9.93/10 :pipe:

Very close and buttery smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Tabac soap (glass jar).
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3rd)
AS: cold rinse; Tabac AS.
Hot shower: body soap 'Lui' by La Maison du Savon de Marseille.

Two passes (WTG/ATG), excellent shave, full CCS. No irritation, no red dots. Nice combination this is.

9,5/10 for me

Razor: Razorock Mamba 0.53
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (3)
Pre-shave: none
Brush: Razorock Monster
Lather: Sterling Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No Irritation: 5
No Nicks & cuts: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Score: 10/10

Very nice shave. Very close and no issues. Blade still going strong.

1BE2B19A-480A-4D32-A842-343F13ED0D92.jpeg

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: Stirling Unscented w/ Beeswax
Brush: Sea Glass / PAA Nexus
Aftershave: 4711

Good morning! Quick and easy shave today. Face lathered Unscented w/ Beeswax with the Sea Glass Brush. I usually face lather, and this might be my favorite brush for that. The 26mm Nexus knot builds lather quickly, is very soft, and doesn’t hold on to the lather. The Nacet blade has not been as smooth the past couple days as I remember, and I’m thinking blades that are a tad less sharp may work better for me in the Lupo 95. I don’t think I’ve used a Nacet in the 95 before yesterday. A very very close shave. BBS, some stinging from the aftershave. Finished with 4711.

9/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Classic scent (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Blackship Grooming Thomas Tew
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Sharp Titanium (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: WSP Cedar Citron splash

Another stellar shave experience. Sharp Titanium was even better on the second shave than the first. These may even be better than Gillette Silver Blue for me. Black Ship dialed in perfectly this morning which always helps. For me it's about having the right amount of water in the bowl which is usually not much unless it's a very thirsty soap which Black Ship is not. This was another 12 on a scale of 1 to 10 shave...DFS/BBS. I'm starting to feel spoiled with consistently great results...but...I won't complain...it's what I've been working towards!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20210722.jpg

22 July 2021
20210722_061629.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
Van der Hagen—Germany
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (using rain water)
Brushes:
Omega 11126--Italy Gray Dog—Ohio
Blade:
Shark--Egypt Shave #3
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Brut--Mexico
Rating(s):
9.8 BBS
Comments:
A good shave, however a slight hint blade is dulling. No significant stubble, no nicks, or weepers.

Top Bottom