What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Voshkod (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress” with 26mm V10 Fanchurian (Bulb)
Soap* and Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr
* Added 9 drops of Barrister and Mann Terrorade Cooling Additive to the lather
Result: 9.5 / 10

Great 3 pass shave, close and smooth except for a small spot under my jaw I didn’t notice I missed until I was applying the aftershave. Had minor weepers on my chin that went away with the alum but no cuts or irritation. Great spring / summer scent and the Terrorade was appreciated on this warm, muggy day.

525777A2-1BFD-4A4F-B9A1-6C823F5F4DEF.jpeg

Gillette Ball End Tech Post-War
Feather (1) lol......
MDC
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210623_054816.jpg

been a while since Ive used one of these. the Uncle's DE that I acquired yesterday evening. not too shabby when applying SR skin stretching techniques.

be well all.

camo

Razor: Gillette Slim 1968, N2, setting 4
Blade: Israeli Personna (2)
Brush: WSP PRINCE HD Silvertip,22mm

Lather: Marke Gold Dachs Soap

Pitralon Classic Aftershave Splash

Three mostly good passes. A little minor burn by one mouth corner. Since the soap, razor and blade are all good I need to look around to find the cause. No nicks or weepers.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

23 June 2021
20210623_055036.jpg

Prep: Old Spice Bar soap
Razor: WCS 84S—China Van der Hagen--Germany
Cream: Old Spice Musk—India till used up
Brush: Omega 11126—Italy Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade: Treet Platinum Super Stainless—Pakistan Shave #1
Passes: WTG and ATG
Cleanup: Rinsed and dried face
Aftershave: Brut--Mexico
Rating(s): 10.0 BBS
Comments: An incredibly enjoyable shave with no remaining stubble, and no nicks or weepers.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Amare
Brush
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
It’s Wednesday so out comes the Wolfman loaded with a Personna Med Prep blade. The Rooney does a great job of making lather and all in all an excellent shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Brush: PAA Solar Flare synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Gillette PLatinum (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Lime splash

Fantastic shave...two days of growth...DFS/BBS. Superb results and an enjoyable experience. The Gillette Platinum blade works very well in the Lupo razors...will continue to use them in the rotation. My face and neck are smooooooth! I thought the Lime splash would go well with the Aquatic soap. CC Lime splash is a woodsy, subdued lime scent...almost seems like there's a cedar scent in the background of the lime that keeps it from being a bright, citrus, candy lime. It's a nice scent and would go with most citrus or aquatic scented soaps/creams. A quick note on the PAA Solar Flare brush...this is not one of those brushes that keeps the soap to itself. As I painted on the lather, it distributed it very easily and made that process so much easier. Not sure how much of that was the brush and how much the soap, but it worked great.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210623.jpg

Last edited:
10/10
My second go with my new to me Blackbird was even better than the first! The BIC chrome really works well with this along with a steeper angle. Very smooth shave with ZERO alum feed back and perfectly BBS.

PAA menthilated immortal peach cube
Stirling Glacial Peach soap
Stirling Glacial Peach Splash
PAA immortal peach star jelly

Blackland blackbird SS
Bic chrome blade (1st)
Sawdust creations w/ 26mm shoat boar
Captains choice copper bowl
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Razor l: Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: ARKO
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

The Shave: Sorry no pictures had to rush to meetings. WTG/ATG for a DFS. The Stirling brush continues to impress. ARKO a pleasant lemon soap breeze on a fine morning. Finished with The Captain for a refreshing, great scent and nice skin conditioning. 9/10.
Have a great day!

Razor: Schick Injector (E4)
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Spiffo - Alezeh (High Mountain White SHD-Fan) 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam & Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Stirling - Arcadia
Aftershave: Stirling - Bay Rum
F8571103-75F1-4BF2-80C7-49950B9D0324.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.5/10
Why did the Schicken cross the road?
Who cares! All I care about is it crossing my face.
I admit that I don’t get around to shaving with my Schicks as often as I should. Always an effortless shave.
I did nick myself a few times, but that was due to shaving too fast and not paying close enough attention. The razor is so smooth that I always tend to forget it has a blade in it.
I did get some pretty good post shave feedback from the alum block. Personally, I prefer the feel of Ted Pella Personna blades in my Schick razors, but the chics do a good job.

Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Brush: PAA Solar Flare synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Gillette PLatinum (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Lime splash

Fantastic shave...two days of growth...DFS/BBS. Superb results and an enjoyable experience. The Gillette Platinum blade works very well in the Lupo razors...will continue to use them in the rotation. My face and neck are smooooooth! I thought the Lime splash would go well with the Aquatic soap. CC Lime splash is a woodsy, subdued lime scent...almost seems like there's a cedar scent in the background of the lime that keeps it from being a bright, citrus, candy lime. It's a nice scent and would go with most citrus or aquatic scented soaps/creams. A quick note on the PAA Solar Flare brush...this is not one of those brushes that keeps the soap to itself. As I painted on the lather, it distributed it very easily and made that process so much easier. Not sure how much of that was the brush and how much the soap, but it worked great.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

View attachment 1286104
Which Platinum blade? I had really great shaves with the dark blue box in my Lupo, but I haven’t tried the light blue one yet, partially because I didn’t like them in my other razors.

Also, yeah, the Solar Flare is something special. Punches way above its pay grade.

Last edited:
Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Saponificio Varesino Opuntia

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- Hylamide C25 Serum
- Arran Lochranza Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Muhle Rocca
- Muhle K1 blade
- Semogue SOC Taj Boar

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
After trying my usual sharp blades in the Rocca and ending up with some irritation and having to use a very shallow angle, I decided to try a milder blade and see if that changed things. So first up I put in the Muhle K1 blade that came with it. I wasn't really expecting much as I have never gotten on well with milder blades in my milder razors, but in the Rocca this blade gave me a very nice shave! It felt very smooth and gave a close and comfortable shave. No new irritation but a touch of flare up of the irritation from the last couple of weeks and alum stung around those spots.
It was also my first shave with Saponificio Varesino Opuntia and I am kicking myself for not using it sooner! Scent is very nice (as is the Arran Lochranza scent) and it stays with you throughout the shave. After blooming as per its instructions, it very quickly produces a thick creamy lather that is nice and click with good residual slickness and excellent post shave feel. I think this will become a firm favourite!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, June 23rd 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, well designed & machined Stainless steel razor. This razor seemed to hit all the positive check boxes for a great DE razor IMO. Daily driver for some folks.
Blade: Gillette silver blue (1) :001_wub: favorite DE blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Aquarist 24 mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10 /10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 with a Gillette silver blue.

DE SOTD, June 23rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom