What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Wade and Butcher Old Type Clone
Blade: 7 O'clock SS (unsure how many shaves, more than 5)
Brush: Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage rub

Wasn't feeling the straight this morning. Wasn't feeling all too great and nursing an injury. I found this Wade and Butcher old type knockoff at this tiny antique shop ran by a dude that had no idea that he had it, and always enjoyed whipping it out once in a while. The stock top cap has square posts which takes proprietary blades, but if you were to use a regular 3 piece Gillette old type top cap, you can use any blade without modifying it. I find the Wade and Butcher shaves much better than a regular 3 piece old type. Very fun razor.

View attachment 1283210

Pre: Proraso white
Brush: AP Shave Co modular synth
Lather: IB Amici
Blade: Fresh Kai
Razor: Late ‘40’s Aristocrat (no date)
Nice DFS+ . Amici is similar to Stay Traditional by Officina Artigiana but much lower price. I love ‘em both. Third or fourth shave with the new Aristocrat. Works well with the Kai, but everything does.
Nice photo.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210617_172609_2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Brass Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Goodfellas Sea Citrus
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Belcam Blue Depths EdT Spray

Love shaving with the Brass Blackbird! Great kit! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

Fri 18 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 4th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + HeV CCC Balm
Awesomely aromatic cigarish/cognac scent from this soap! Today's lather was great...creamy and very slick...
Shave with the razor paired with the blade was nice, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs result without any issues. Aftershaves were fantastic. Rating 10/10!
20210618_093257.jpg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Pears Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Black Indian (D3)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap : Valobra Cologne Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT AS Lotion
Rating : 9.85/10 :pipe:

Very close and silky smooth BBS in 2.5 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5th)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea Sensitive Balm, Pitralon Classic.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Masculin'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), Yet another excellent shave. The Palmolive stick had its 15 shaves, from tomorrow onwards 15 shaves with the Wilkinson blue tub soap.

9,5/10 for me

18 June 2021
20210618_061420.jpg

Prep: Old Spice Bar soap
Razor: WCS 84S--China
Cream: Old Spice Musk—India till used up
Brush: Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade: Feather Stainless—Japan Shave #3
Passes: WTG and ATG
Cleanup: Rinsed and dried face
Aftershave: Brut--Mexico
Rating(s): 9.9 BBS
Comments: For today, no stubble, original nicks or weepers.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Simpson Duke 3
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Today’s brush is the Simpson Duke 3 – the first brush I bought after joining B&B. Previously, I used cheap brushes I found in pharmacies and other stores. And that started It all. A nice smooth, close shave. Have a good weekend.

759842EE-B541-4363-9A46-4885B9C2ECC5.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Soap: Electric Pineapple
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! I tried a bit of an experiment today. While I really liked the smell of the Iced Pineapple, I found it to be a bit too icy, so I put an equal sized amount of Electric Sheep in the tub to create... Electric Pineapple!!! Worked like a charm. Knocked the menthol down without noticeably changing the scent. Possibly even made a better lather, but that could be in my head. DFS+

9.5/10

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Tabac shave cream (tube)
Brush: Maggards synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Van Der Hagen SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Lustray Coachman splash

A very nice shave...very close. I used more of the Tabac cream this time. The scent of this product is actually growing on me...you just never know. The lather was excellent. The result is DFS/BBS with two weepers on either side of my lower neck. I took a point off, but I'm not sure to blame myself or the blade for the weepers. The Van Der Hagen blade feels good while shaving with it. The closeness of the shave speaks volumes for the blade. They were small weepers, one of them bled a bit longer than I would have liked and yet I still did not have to use the styptic. I swapped out the Van Der Hagen blade in the Lupo .95 and put in a Gillette Platinum for the next outing. Still, all in all, a great shave. And Tabac is back in the rotation. The Coachman splash is actually a pretty close match for Tabac...it complements the Tabac scent.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210618.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
View attachment 1283224
Razor: Blackland Brass Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Goodfellas Sea Citrus
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Belcam Blue Depths EdT Spray

Love shaving with the Brass Blackbird! Great kit! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

Nice kit!

Razor: Muhle R89 TWIST
Blade: Durablade 7a.m Hi Platinum (2)
Brush: Liojuny Shaving Silvertip Badger, 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather: I Coloniali Softening Shaving Cream with Rhubarb

Stirling Peach Aftershave Splash

A very good lather and brush. Three passes to a near complete BBS..Rhubarb & Peach. I have my fruits and vegetables for the day.
The Durablade blade gives me a pretty smooth shave. Like most blades, it probably depends a lot on the razor it's being used in.
The Muhle R89 TWIST is a very good razor. Not as aggressive as the R41. I like it better I think, but the kind of shaves I want from day to day varies.
I woke up in the middle of the night. Ordered the Karve E Solid Bar. Went over to Italian Barber and ordered the RazoRock Blue ECO SE razor, the blue lather bowl on sale for $8 USD, the MONSTER 26mm Plissoft brush and a tube of La Toja Shave Cream. Went over to Lichess and lost a 5 minute game of blitz chess, went back to bed.
I might be more productive staying asleep.

"YA THINK? "[emoji1]

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

View attachment 1283405

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Soap: Electric Pineapple
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! I tried a bit of an experiment today. While I really liked the smell of the Iced Pineapple, I found it to be a bit too icy, so I put an equal sized amount of Electric Sheep in the tub to create... Electric Pineapple!!! Worked like a charm. Knocked the menthol down without noticeably changing the scent. Possibly even made a better lather, but that could be in my head. DFS+

9.5/10
Experiments are so good when they work out for you.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom