What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3rd)
AS: cold rinse; Pitralon Classic.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Masculin'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), pleasant process with excellent end result. The XTG (instead of ATG) on the upperlip really worked well today.

9,5/10 for me

Hart Steel/Bruce Gregory
MDC
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210616_055058.jpg

takes adjusting to the meaty tang near the pivot on this one.

be well all.

camo

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Israeli Personna (3)
Brush: Muhle HJM Black Fiber, 21mm
Bowl: Fine Lather Bowl

Cream: Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Shaving Cream

Barrister & Mann Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

A very smooth and comfortable shave. Near BBS. The shave cream is mentholated and makes a great lather. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. 10

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

16 June 2021
20210616_060720.jpg

Prep: Old Spice Bar soap
Razor: WCS 84S--China
Cream: Old Spice Musk—India till used up
Brush: Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade: Feather Stainless—Japan Shave #1
Passes: WTG and ATG
Cleanup: Rinsed and dried face
Aftershave: Bru--Mexico
Rating(s): 9.8 DFS+ No significant stubble, original nicks, or weepers
Comments: A quick shave this morning before taking a dog to the vet.

DBABF19A-F5B7-4C91-8891-D216EC7C8393.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite
Aftershave: Stirling Electric Sheep

Good morning! I know I’m gonna sound like a broken record, but I just keep getting fantastic shaves with this setup, ie Stirling Soap, PAA synth brushes, Lupo, and Gillette blades (Rubie, Platinum). I’m sure I’ll “need” to try some other soaps at some point, but I don’t see myself not using Stirling most days, and Electric Sheep is certainly my favorite out of the 6 or 7 I’ve tried.

This was my first time using the splash, and it was... an experience. I may have gone a little heavy on it, but it could probably be diluted a bit. The scent wasn’t too strong, but there was a lot of alcohol and menthol in there, and I‘m still feeling it 30 minutes later.

In any case, great shave, BBS

10/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: PAA Classico Bay Rum (Regular CK formula)
Brush: Yaqi Red Marbleized Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Muhle SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum splash

Brilliant! Two days growth mowed down with a smoothness and ease that's fit for the Guinness Book. DFS/BBS with no blood or injuries. PAA CK formula paints on like white wall paint...love it! This blade is one that I'm glad I tried. It's very good, but is it as good as the Gillette Silver Blue? Hmmmm...for me, it's on par, but the cost is prohibitive. But...good to know it would work. Can't remember if I bought 5 or 10 of them, but they'll all get used. Atomic Age Bay Rum for the win. On a side note...have been using this Cremo Bourbon Vanilla as a pre-shave and it's working well in that capacity.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210616.jpg

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Kent BK 8
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve SB
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Took out the Big Boy today, the Kent. This is a soft brush that is one of the few soft brushes I like. Did a good job together with the Karve. We are in the midst of a hot spell out here. Stay cool.

Soap: Stirling Port Au Prince
Razor: Gold Dollar 208
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Having fun playing with this razor and the stones. Going to do some more playing later to see how refined of an edge I can get, because why not. I can use the practice.

8/10. Missing the T.I.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Cream: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Italia

The Shave: WTG/ATG with a XTG goatee touch up for a BBS. The combo of the Cella Bio and Solar Flare made for great lathering. Additionally, the scent of Extra Extra Bio is superb, so it seemed fitting to finish with CC Italia.
MMOC (no matter which one I select) performs incredibly well with a light touch. It is efficient and gentle when used correctly. 10/10.
07CD7EDD-2D08-4430-BBFE-418339C23A5F.jpeg
43B91FBA-0778-4B67-8234-F7E4D205A0F2.jpeg
BBD5153B-B314-4661-9914-2499AD8E3FB7.jpeg
413889DA-A011-417E-A0CA-23EE85A12A63.jpeg
38D948A1-843D-4CE1-B318-6721962C36AC.jpeg
77701376-08D9-45AC-BA6B-7960F66C91C9.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, June 16th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Stainless steel Lupo.72-Mfg 2021, excellent mid range, easy to manipulate the face, excellent quality & design, a joy to use IMO.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon (3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Good bang for the $.
Soap: Razorock Irish country side, mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Great value and a joy to use, always liked rainbows.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 with a Wilkinson sword blade.

DE SOTD, WED, June 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Wed 16 SE SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soaps Barbershop Sample
Brush Yaqi 24mm Husky Knot New 1st Use
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 20th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
This soap is my best barbershop scent and the lather is nicely creamy and very slick too...top quality & great price!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade is another nice smooth comfortable efficient 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome! Rating 10/10!
View attachment 1282370
These new handles are very cool. :thumbup:

Wednesday morning two-pass shave, 9/10, CCS, in a bit of a rush today, as we have lots of errands to run before heading back to the west Saturday evening:

Pre-shave: still so humid, I sweat a lot here
Razor: Occam's razor- two-dot plate- sticking with this and the close and comfy shaves
Blade: Schick Proline (8)- the blade is dulling, so I took clean up easy
Brush: Shavemac small pure badger- getting nicer daily
Soap: Canada Shave soap- simply a superb lather; in all the places I've been with varying water hardness the lather has been easy to build and excellent
Post-shave: cool water rinse, pat dry, Epsilon Amber AS splash- felt no burn and a lite cooling sensation, very pleasant, soothing, and nice scent, but maybe Floid is a bit better. I'll do a side-by-side when I get home.

Enjoy your shaves!
PXL_20210616_140707403.jpg

20210615_125510.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Malama Soaps Fresh Cut
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder