What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Prep:
Warm shower
Razor:
Rockwell 6C
Cream:
Proraso Blue
Brush:
Parker badger brush
Blade:
Nacet (3)
Passes:
WTG on R4, XTG on R4, ATG on R2
Cleanup:
Alum block and warm towel
Aftershave:
Proraso Green
Rating:

9.5/10, BBS except for the usual difficult spots on the neck. No cuts or weepers, no irritation at all. It's still hard to decide if I like the 6C or the 3one6 better, they're both excellent razors.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, June 10th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer.84, Mfg 2018> excellent milder side mid range, well made Stainless steel, smooth shaver, I enjoy this razor with my Kai SS blade.
Blade: Kai SS(7)- sharp & smooth with great longevity, extra wide blade by .009" thousands of a inch than a standard Gillette giving more blade feel.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice refreshing clean scent with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites.
Brush: Razorock 24mm Plissoft, excellent lather generator, soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. 4 years ago top of the line synthetic brush but Oh how times change so quickly. I used this inexpensive brush a lot over the last 3.5 years and still use it.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper(operator error)= :a17: excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.

DE SOTD, Thur, June 10th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #3)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

The Shave: WTG & 2 ATG passes for a fantastic DFS/(BBS in most areas).
I overloaded the soap today and it produced prodigious lather…it was awesome! (I’ll do it again.)
MMOC efficiency in full effect.
9.5/10
E2DBD194-0C19-4568-BB5B-CB7EFAD5CDCA.jpeg
F2844177-362F-4810-96E8-60A4F45C5540.jpeg
C60316F9-EFF1-46B9-9D5A-6E00FB5B80DA.jpeg

20210120_082841.jpg

Razor: Schick K4 Lady Eversharp yellow injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector Twin
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9. These twin blades just don't do as well for me.

Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Soap: Tabac (Menthol added)
Brush: Simpson T3
Prep: Warm water
Post shave: Duke Cannon ASB
Results: Excellent shave... A solid 10.

I think I'm on the verge of figuring out Tabac. This morning I used what I think bordered on an insane amount of water as I continued my search to find the legendary residual slickness of this soap and today... I got close. Can't say with 100% confidence the resultant lather was slick-ER than what I get using Stirling (my basis of comparison), but it might have been. Definitely an improvement over previous shaves using Tabac. Post-shave face feel was excellent.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #3)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

The Shave: WTG & 2 ATG passes for a fantastic DFS/(BBS in most areas).
I overloaded the soap today and it produced prodigious lather…it was awesome! (I’ll do it again.)
MMOC efficiency in full effect.
9.5/10
View attachment 1279647View attachment 1279648View attachment 1279649
I purposely overload sometimes too.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Lupo.95,Gillette wilkinson sword Indian(2),Southern Wichcrafts Druantia,Simpsons Tulip1 super,Thayers cucumber,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post.I'm sick of saying it but this was the best shave i've ever had.They just keep getting better.This .95 Lupo has made me a better shaver.I don't know if it's because i'm more careful and lighter handed or the extra blade feel is helping me but that was the easiest BBS i've ever had.No nicks,weepers or irritation as good as it's ever been for me in 2 years of DE shaving. It's got to be a 12/10 Take care and happy shaves everyone.
20210610_184749[1].jpg

Last edited:
Razor: RazoRock German 37 slant with Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, green package (6)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Soap: Proraso Green
Rating: 9.9

This afternoon's excellent shave on 2+ days of growth. BBS+ after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. Three minor painless nicks under the lower lip, but no burning or irritation, even under the nose - which was a victory over the last few shaves. It seemed that my decision to switch to Proraso today, with its numbing menthol, was a good one because it eliminated the mysterious burning skin sensation under the nose that I've experienced over the last few shaves, regardless of my use of DE or SE razors.

The 7 O'Clock Green blade still seems to be going strong after 6 shaves.

I am still liking this RazoRock slant head. Although it looks very similar to the Merkur 37C slant head, it still does not feel the same to me because it gives me more feedback than the Merkur. I would say that this RazoRock head and handle combo feels more similar to the Parker Semi-Slant razor to me, which is not a bad thing.

Stirling's Coconut Lime may be edging out Haverford as my favorite Stirling soap...

tempImageyX9G37.jpg

Preshave: Proraso White -- this has disappointed me for the last time.
Brush: RR Tricolore
Lather: Stirling Coconut Lime -- somehow 10% even more awesome than most Stirling soaps
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (4) -- feels great, although I got a couple weepers trying to buff WTG on the corner of my mouth
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Splash: Executive Man
Balm: Nivea Cooling

The Proraso White preshave has always felt harsh on my face and to my nose. I've had some of my best shaves without it, and some lousy shaves with it; I can't tell what it does other than make my first lather a bit slicker. I'm kind of relieved it's no good for me; at $14 for a small jar that doesn't last long, at least I don't feel the need to keep buying more.

Other than giving myself a couple weepers, this shave was typical Vector goodness. Rating: 8.9/10. My next sample of Stirling is up for tomorrow: Iced Pineapple...

Brush: Morris & Forndran 26mm Finest absolutely the best brush I own

Soap: Ethos Greenfresh incredible soap, slick softest skin after use

Blade: Wizamet one of the best blades I have

Razor: Timeless Ti Sb .95, the best razor and only razor I have, until the 22nd

Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, 4711

10/10
E472B29B-1279-475E-8AED-2EA747DB86F5.jpeg
678B0E49-20B8-4BDC-89E2-A357B7E1331D.jpeg
6D5E76ED-51E7-48B9-BEE3-3CC8902DC5B7.jpeg
5F75463B-3EFB-4256-94EC-757952A7139E.jpeg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Pears Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (D3)
Brush: Shavemac Germania 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap : MdC Rose
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + FA AS Lotion
Rating : 9.88/10 :pipe:

Close and silky smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Fri 11 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Rapira Panhpa 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Just terrific lather from the soap! Rich, creamy and slick plus a wonderfully refreshing and cooling scent...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was another excellent combination. Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Awesome aftershaves too. Rating 10/10!
20210611_123139.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream.

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Hylamide SubQ Skin Serum
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Cooling Post-Shave Water Gel
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Muhle Rocca
- Israeli Red (3)
- Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog

Shave Rating: 8/10
Second shave with my Rocca today but just time for a two pass shave. However, two passes with the Rocca got me pretty near in terms of closeness to a three pass shave with some of my milder razors. Went with a shallower angle today which seemed to work well and I had no irritation of feedback from the Alum post shave.
It was also the second outing for the Wild Hog. This brush broke in very quickly, soft but not much in terms of backbone (not an issue for me as I'm more of a painter)

Top Bottom