What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Blade: Wizamet SI (4)

Soap: MDC Argumes

Razor: Timeless Ti Sb .95

Brush: Simpson’s Duke 3 “Ruby” 23mm Manchurian, this brush keeps moving from number 3 to number 2, switching with the Rudy Vey “Favorite” 24mm Manchurian White

Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, 4711

10/10

B8990BD8-7063-4957-BFBA-E2BAE6B7D52D.jpeg
4DA7675E-9238-451B-B77F-7BA9B3EB14C4.jpeg
8A3D47F6-5A5B-455C-855A-4606810AAC90.jpeg
351FF85A-7F34-4B52-9105-663024D1866A.jpeg
A7E680C3-3221-47D6-ABF2-920F9AD19B1D.jpeg

Today's shave

Preshave:From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Gillete slim (6)
Blade: Personna "Lab Blue"

Soap: Lather Bros Everglades
Brush: 1305 Semogue
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Lather Bros Everglades

BBS

I'm hitting my stride with the Vector and Kai blades...

tempImagepaoypz.jpg

Brush: RR Tricolore
Lather: B&M Dickens Revisited -- just delightful; a sweet, peppery scent lingers a good couple hours
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (3) -- this has become my favorite AC blade as of today
Razor: Blackland Vector SB -- 30th shave today and it's a true keeper
Splash: Old Spice Classic -- nice complement to the soap
Balm: Nivea Cooling -- didn't really need it but it's a habit by now

Three passes plus some touchups, as usual. Absolutely no blood at all. The blade felt super comfortable. I took it easy on my ATG buffing on chin and mustache areas and had a great shave. Typical Vector results for me: DFS on chin and mustache, BBS everywhere else.

This setup is just starting to feel pretty repeatable in a good way. This kind of reliability is what I was looking for when I started traditional wet shaving. It has taken a while to find it, but it was worth the work. I'll use this blade for at least a week, then try a Kai Original, and declare an end to my trial phase with this razor.

Rating: 9.6/10

Thu 10 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger New 1st Use
Razor Fatip OC on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash
Fabulous performance from the cream. It's a nice cooling, creamy and slick lather...the brush is like a dream, feels sooo good on the face...plush and soft!!
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was another perfect combination. Very easy, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Aftershaves were awesome for another hot day. Rating 10/10!!
20210610_075123.jpg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Pears Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Black Indian (D5)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in BEST Badger
Soap : Mitchell's Wool FAT
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Balm
Rating : 9.85/10 :pipe:

Close and silky smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock SE (6th)
AS: cold rinse; Pitralon Classic.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Masculin'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), excellent process and excellent end result. Just forgot the XTG pass on my upperlip.
There seems to be a good fit between my skin, the level of my shaving skills and the Gillette 7o'clock blades (green and yellow). So they're both on my current 're-order list'. However this list still might see some changes as I've still got fresh blades for quite a few weeks. (not years or decades as some of us :001_rolle )

9,5/10 for me

083B1A55-2ACC-4673-98F4-0C53548622FC.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Rubie (5)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

Good morning! Today was my second use of the Phantom Aerolite. Did my normal face lathering and it worked great. The Rubie still seems to be holding strong at shave 5. Excellent shave, no mishaps. 2 pass BBS.

9.5/10

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 Head on a
Weber Classic 3 7/8" Handle,
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Liojuny Shaving Silvertip Badger, 24mm,
Bowl: Potter's House (Local)

Soap: Latha

Latha Le Petit Chypre Post Shave Splash

Switched out the Weber 3" Bulldog for a longer Weber handle. The longer handle is better on this head imo. I seemed to have more control of the angles. Three efficient passes to a mostly BBS finish. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. 10

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

10 June 2021
20210610_064038.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor:
Van der Hagen--Germany
Cream:
Old Spic Musk-–India till used up using rain water
Brush:
Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade:
Van der Hagen Germany--Shave #7 and out
Passes:
WTG / ATG / moderate buffing required
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Summary
Rating
:
Quality:
Results:

DFS
A good shave—no nicks or weepers, however some stubble remained after 2 passes. Changing blade, razor, and brush for tomorrow. OOPS, yesterday my dice had 5 instead of 6. Today, the correct number of 7 is shown.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Moon Soaps Havana
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Merkur Stainless Steel (1st and last)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Barrister and Mann Seville splash

Good shave. End result was good. Not a fan of this Merkur blade. It just didn't feel particularly sharp. First and last use for me. There was a lot of face feel...no tugging just constant feedback. I couldn't get as close as I usually do with a Silver Blue or a Timor or other blades in my stable. End result was fine. A little more stubble than I'm used to, especially considering that I had two days of growth. So...took an entire point off.

Bright spot on this shave was Moon Soaps Havana...great scent...not overpowering, but present and very pleasant...mild spice, tobacco...just a nice scent. Lather was very good, plenty protective. Have to look at other Moon Soaps offerings.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Partial Solar Eclipse Thursday Shave:

SLOC + Super Knurl handle
Feather (2)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Haslinger Schafmilch as stick + Omega Eucalyptus soap
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
Proraso Green Balm

Clean, close shave; DFS+

A very refreshing eucalyptus & menthol shave...

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Captain’s Choice Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Brush
SOC Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Pre-War Tech
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Back to a cream today. Nice lather with the SOC boar. The pre-war Tech does a nice job with a sharp blade. My face feels great after some Thayers WH and L’Occitane ASB

48-hour beard today:

Gillette NEW Short Comb/new Personna Lab blue Blade

Stirling Texas on Fire soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Stirling SDM aftershave; post-shower, Proraso Green AS, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Post-workout but pre-shower, I got rid of the worst sweat and grease with Dial soap on face and throat, then face-lathered the Texas on Fire. (The scent is growing on me. The performance already impressed me long ago.) Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG with a bit of skin stretching; a cleanup around the Adam's apple, XTG. Impressively smooth.

Verdict: 9.6.

Top Bottom