What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Lupo.72,Nacet(2),Southern Wichcrafts Druantia,Simpson Tulip1 super,Thayers cucumber,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso pre/post shave green.Another superb shave with the Lupo .72 the more i use this razor the more i love it.It's getting really easy to get BBS with minimum pickups.Smooth and comfortable shave can't fault it. 10/10
20210515_161318[1].jpg

Cream: Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Old Type
Blade: 7 O'clock SS
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Such a cool razor. I always keep it on my desk. Felt a DE shave today, and grabbed it because it's been a while. Will probably use it for the next few days and give my face a break from the straight razor. Very nice shaver, but it's certainly not the mindless DE shave I get from my R89/Techs (which I prefer). These razors were really meant for the stiffer blades offered back when it was manufactured, and you can tell. Still a great shaver though.

10/10

My Saturday (Late) Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, XTG/ATG​
Razor: T. The Aiku'M No. 60 - 6/8​
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Custom Prototype Brush - Synthetic​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Nil Scent (Fragrance Free) Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
8.2/10
  • One cut ruined the shave. I caught myself under my nose and had to use the styptic pencil...

71B76B27-37BD-4FC5-A681-CA07EB7A0860.jpeg

Pre: Proraso red
Blade: Personna med prep (2)
Razor: Schick silver tip
Brush: PAA StarCraft
Lather: Officina Artigiana Stay Trad

Just recently was able to finally get my hands on a Schick “Krona”. Loved it so much I wanted a spare so I picked up this silver tip variant. Also great. The med prep is a great blade but these razors really shine with a Kai. Anyway, Nice DFS/BBS on a sunny Saturday!

Razor: RazoRock SLOC (self-lubricating open comb, a.k.a double open comb) with Bulldog handle
Blade: US Personna "Lab Blue" in blue wrappers from a box labeled Energizer, c.2013 (2)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic, medium size
Soap: RazoRock Acqua
Rating: 9.8

This afternoon's excellent shave on 2+ days of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, except for small areas on each cheek where stubble is now felt ATG (this usually means that a razor is more on the milder side for me), and no nicks, burning, or irritation. Well, actually, there was one small, unnoticed nick under the lower lip.

This was my first time using both the Acqua soap and the SLOC razor head. I give both products a thumbs up. The Acqua soap felt and looked much like Cella, except that the lather was much slicker, and the scent was clean and fresh (description says marine?). The SLOC head was so smooth that I couldn't even feel any cutting going on. I don't know if that SLOC top cap is a gimmick or not, but this sure is one of the smoothest razor heads that I have ever used.

Brush: Zenith 502C/P18, 24.5mm Silvertip first use, nice brush, soft, splays, for me needs a little more backbone, installed an 1/8 inch rubber o-ring, gives it the feel of being set a little deeper.
Blade: Personna Israeli Red (2) and out
Soap: Tabac, really nice soap, it has everything, but there is something in it that my skin reacts to, wish it didn’t, my face turns red every time. To bad.
Razor: Timeless Ti Sb .95

It still was an excellent shave

10/10
Picture after installing o-ring
C3D54B77-D43C-43C6-9D62-49B8D92592E8.jpeg
2D457B33-A9D2-4D4B-AEC6-E97AF7197517.jpeg

Wow, I went full Stirling today without really planning on it at first:

tempImage5r69cz.jpg

Lather: Stirling Coconut Lime -- great scent
Blade: Schick Proline (3) -- didn't love it today for some reason
Razor: Blackland Vector SB -- enjoying my shaves with this
Brush: Yaqi 26mm synthetic -- gets the job done
Splash: Stirling Executive Man with menthol -- yes, please
Balm: Stirling Waves of Grain -- this was a sample they included; it's kind of thick, and I wasn't in love with the scent

It was kind of an "off" day as far as the shave went. Can't give it much more than a 8/10. But the much more important things all went well today so what more can I ask for? :)

Sun 16 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Awesome soap! Rich, thick, creamy, and very slick plus a wonderfully good scent strength...
Shave with razor paired with the blade with an added shim was good, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs finish. The blade efficiency drops a tad less. Excellent aftershaves too. Rating 9.7/10!
20210516_105354.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 16th May 2021

Shave Score 9.9/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Green Rinfrescante - Menthol
Soap: Officina Artigiana-Milano
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post Shave ASL: Officina Artigiana-Milano
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1 - Menthol
Post Shave Cologne: N/A

Super close, BBS, the soap does most of the work here with its 7 essential oils, I adore this combo, and the long lasting scent it leaves behind, could almost get away with no balm after the ASL…

A lovely FFS :)

Have a great day all.

Joe
F2A80D98-2071-4402-A97B-A414DDB27972.jpeg

Sunday morning.

Vintage Heljestrand "No.24" 4/8 French point straight razor
Simpsons Trafalgar T3 synthetic brush
Taylor of Old Bond Street "Sandalwood"
Vintage (1980s) Yardley Gold "Classic" (black stopper) aftershave

Good shave with the Heljestrand this morning, though I'm always a bit twitchier with the small blade (also applies to a shavette, especially the half-DE ones). TOBS always seems to create far more lather than I was expecting, even when I try to keep the loading light. Works well with the T3, and the smell led me to the Yardley bottle - not a true match, but a good combination.

Late morning shave today - hot flannel rather than post shower. This one's a "9".

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Israeli Personna (1)
Brush: RazoRock AMICI Noir Plissoft 20mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Soap: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate

Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns

A very close and smooth shave. Great lather and razor and blade and brush. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom