What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: TOBS St. James cream
Brush: Maggards synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS Dual Comb
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Sailor Seaforth! Heather

Dual comb worked great this morning...mostly using the .72 OC side with the exception of the first downward WTG pass. Result was DFS/BBS with one tiny weeper...hardly worth mentioning. I think I shaved off a blemish quite honestly. Lavender is not my thing, but the Seaforth! Heather combines it with some woody notes and other scents to change it up some. Not bad. My wife liked it a lot.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210507.jpg

07 May 2021
20210507_060856.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream For The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy √
Old Spice Original –India
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Today’s shave
Gray Dog -- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Blade For The Shave:
Voskhod Shave #4
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Rating:
10.0 BBS Another shave with no remaining stubble, nicks, or weepers. Looking forward to a ‘veg’ day.

Razor: RR Baby Smooth
Blade: Feather (4)
Brush: SOC Silvertip Badger,24mm

Soap: Huntlee Master Lather,Sweet Tobacco

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel,
PAA Sacre Bleu Aftershave & Cologne splash, (think Aqua Velva)

A very good shave. Almost all BBS except that contrarian bottom band on the neck.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Energising Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- The Ordinary Buffet Serum
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette King C Razor
- Gillette King C Blade (3)
- Semogue SOC Taj Boar

Shave Rating: 9/10
Third excellent shave in a row with the Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum sample. One more shave to go with it before what's left just gets added to my rotation but there is no way I will be changing my mind on how much I like this soap!
Tried another couple of new products today as well, the Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash and the Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe toner both of which seemed to do their job, the Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash had the same Elemi & Ginseng scent as the shaving cream which I really like and you can really smell the tea tree oil in the Stirling Toner (definitely no scrimping on the ingredients!)
Overall a very pleasant Friday afternoon shave with no irritation or feedback from the Alum Block.

Friday shave, two-pass shave with some added clean up, 9+/10, BBS-; the result was really smooth and no stubble. I switched today to the three-dot top piece for the Occam's and did get a tad closer on the passes, but in buffing I messed up one stroke. The errant stroke resulted in two adjoining weepers. I'll try the three-dot for a bit to see which suits me better. Usually, when I use a safety razor, I'm looking for a smooth, low effort, and relaxing shave, otherwise I may as well use a straight. Today I pushed the razor to test its limits and see what would happen.

Pre-shave: shower with Ivory Bar Soap
Razor: Occam's razor- three-dot head- switching the top piece was easy.
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)- sharp and smooth.
Brush: Semogue SOC cherry boar
Soap: Canada Shave Soap- made a great lather again today.
Post-shave: cold rinse, nice splash of Pinaud Clubman AS for Friday

Have a great weekend all!

PXL_20210507_131937990.jpg

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Lather wasn't quite there towards the end. Got some irritation going into my mustache area on the right side of my face. Face feels great though. Still learning this brush.

Osage Rub is a heck of a drug...

7/10

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans L' Orange Verde
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, A&E L' Orange Verde AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Fantastic Mindless Shave.

1620398121738.jpeg

Brush: Wolf Whiskers / 24mm Declaration Grooming B11
Soap: Zingari Man - The Merchant
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional

9/10: The Hawk V3 is just a little too mild for me. I’ll never quite get where I want with it, but I might irritate myself trying. Still, it’s a nice mild razor to pair with Zingari Man when you want your skin to feel great the rest of the day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, May 7th, 2021

Razor: Kai Style AC shavette- Mfg 2018>, well built for a Zamac Shavette, I like the folding type because it can be configured to my liking. Easy razor to enjoy and learn with IMO with a guarded blade.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (7), sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity usually around 8 shaves for me, very smooth blade compared to a naked edge and I still get close shaves.
Soap: Arko, scent is controversial with great lather qualities, still on my 1st stick 4 years later, has amazing longevity:lol:.
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm- Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, excellent back bone for scrubbing+ good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3. 1X WTG + 2X ATG.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style shavette with a Kai Protouch.

SE SOTD, Fri, May7th, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

A shave that any Brit would be proud of:

Pre Shave: Warm Shower and Proaso Red pre-shave
Razor: Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Cream: Proraso Blue
Brush: Parker badger brush
Post Shave: Alum block and Proraso Green post-shave
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS in just 2 passes with only a slight hint of stubble ATG. No nicks, cuts, or weepers and no feedback from the alum block. It seems British razors like to work with British blades, who knew?

The volcano drives my curiosity... I use this Haslinger soap for quite a while now. How does the added soap change its “latherability”?
Mixing a soap and cream (or croap) together can boost the lather when the products combine in a synergistic way. Sometimes this is called a superlather around here. You can combine the strengths of two products or overcome their weaknesses. Experimentation can also be fun.

In this case, I have some older soaps that I would like to use up. The Schafmilch is fine by itself, but it hasn't got much scent. Maybe with its lanolin it's a bit too heavy for warm weather. The Don Marco has a very pleasant warm weather scent, but could benefit from improved slickness and post-shave feel from the Schafmilch.

The recipe is:
volcano-3.png

Take a bit of soap from each container, about the size of an almond all together. Mash the soap into the bottom of the Pereira lathering bowl. Building lather in the Pereira bowl with a big synthetic brush easily generates a huge volume of lather that makes for a very pleasant shave.

Maybe I used a bit more soap than necessary, no problem. The Don Marco was on sale for $3 and needs to be used up.

Mixing a soap and cream (or croap) together can boost the lather when the products combine in a synergistic way. Sometimes this is called a superlather around here. You can combine the strengths of two products or overcome their weaknesses. Experimentation can also be fun.

In this case, I have some older soaps that I would like to use up. The Schafmilch is fine by itself, but it hasn't got much scent. Maybe with its lanolin it's a bit too heavy for warm weather. The Don Marco has a very pleasant warm weather scent, but could benefit from improved slickness and post-shave feel from the Schafmilch.

The recipe is:
View attachment 1263291
Take a bit of soap from each container, about the size of an almond all together. Mash the soap into the bottom of the Pereira lathering bowl. Building lather in the Pereira bowl with a big synthetic brush easily generates a huge volume of lather that makes for a very pleasant shave.

Maybe I used a bit more soap than necessary, no problem. The Don Marco was on sale for $3 and needs to be used up.
Thx!

20210506_074231.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC4 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Friday morning shave

Razor: Friedr Baurmann and Sohne Karbono
Brush: Badger
Soap: Tabac

Smells like an old-timey barber shop in the den this morning. Very nice to have a leisurely SR shave this morning with some aimless wandering ahead. No plan Friday is shaping up nicely. Enjoy!
81381322-EDF5-4E82-8B6D-E9DE3AB5F37E.jpeg

9/10

Last edited:
Lupo.95,Gillette 7 0'clock green (2),Southern Wichcrafts Druantia,Simpsons Duke 2 best,Thayers cucumber,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post shave.4th shave with the Lupo .95 as close as a shave i've ever had no cuts or weepers.I love this razor but not sure if i could use it every day that's something i'll have to try to see if my skin can take it.It's a step up in efficiency that i've ever had so i'll see how it goes.1st time using Southern Wichcrafts and WOW! what a thick creamy soap.I used way too much so i'm docking a point but this stuff is lovely super slick absolutely love it.I'll use half the amount next time.Take care everyone happy shaves. 9/10 (Docking a point for overloading by a mile)
20210507_180308[1].jpg

Top Bottom