What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Schick - Easy Rider L6
Blade: Schick Injector (3)
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Mora E Muschio
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
79C128CC-B747-4644-902C-AA7721C8A946.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.8/10
Schick Banana & Berries
This morning I took my banana coloured injector on a tour with the most delicious berry scented soap. I kept wanting to lick the brush. The soap wasn’t offering the residual slickness this Schick blade wanted, so I had to make sure I didn’t make more than one stroke in a particular spot without replenishing the lather.
I had a couple small nicks on my chin and neck, but overall a nice close BBS. I should mention that because of my back, I shave sitting down without the use of a mirror.
After my last couple of shaves with a GEM Contour, I can see why the ASR‘s final offering to the public could not compete with these newer injector razors.

Sunday morning shave

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Avocado oil
Razor: 62 Gillette adjustable slim set on 9.
Blade: GSB
Soap/Cream: TOBS Sandalwood cream. I finished the tub.
Bowl: Fendrihan Porcelain Shaving Mug
Brush: Rocky Mountain barber company best boar brush
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Osma Alum, Stirling unscented Balm, Fine Santal absolut
Rating: 10/10 BBS. no cuts or weepers My first shave with the razor on the 9 setting. The slim adjustable is new to me. I am enjoying it. I normally don't use alum but I wanted some feedback on this shave. It was minimal feed back about the same as with the Edwin Jagger.
I believe I like more aggressive razors.

20210417_082745.jpg

This was my first shave with a Ronson. Interesting!

Razor: Ronson Shaves and Sharpensno
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Great shave!

Last night’s shave.

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant “FOCS”
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (3)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress - EVO Deluxe” with 26mm High Mountain White (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Soap and Aftershave: Dr Jon’s Savannah Sunrise

Result: 100 / 10! Everything worked perfectly together, resulting in a superlative 3 pass shave that was one of the best, if not the best, BBS shaves I’ve ever had. No cuts, weepers, irritation, etc. Savannah Sunrise is without a doubt my favourite warm weather scent, love it.

B83CE38B-BBC3-4D52-A0F0-5A8A0E034DC7.jpeg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- The Goodfellas' Smile Savage Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- The Ordinary Buffet Serum
- Dolce & Gabbana The One aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- 50's Gillette Aluminium Ball End Tech
- German Personna Platinum (3)
- Semogue SOC Taj Boar

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Another shave trying out the German version of the Personna Platinum and another identical shave to the shaves I have with its Israeli brother.
It was also my final shave with Goodfellas Savage in my current rotation, I'll be trying out a sample next week then replacing it with Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cream.
Overall a pleasant single pass Sunday shave with no irritation of feedback from the Alum Block.

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch hazel / Osage Rub

Got bored last night and refreshed the edge on my Le Grelot. I didn't feel like it needed it, but it's good practice. Whenever I shave off of a fresh refresh when I didn't think it needed, I'm always surprised how nice the edge feels. It reminds me of that old saying about boiling a frog. If you gradually increase the heat, the frog won't notice and it will cook to death. I guess with minute gradual declines in edge do in fact take its toll, and it isn't as easy to discern over the length of a few weeks or so. And then BOOM, fresh edge goodness! I may just end up doing it weekly.

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Lee Magnetic Steel w/ Leopardwood Replacement Scales​
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WSP The "Duchess" White in Silvertip​
Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Tallow Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave: Pre de Provence - No. 63 w/ Shea Butter​
9.6/10 DFS!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Mon 19th SE SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Somehow, today's soap lather scent was a little stronger and it was very distinctively aromatic tobacco! The lather was thickly creamy and slick too...nice!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth overall until the atg pass on the upper lips area it became a bit skippy. Still, 3passes without any issues for between a dfs to ccs result. The aftershaves especially Whiskey Woods were excellent!
Rating 9.5/10
20210418_223742.jpg
20210419_072150.jpg

- Brush: Simpson Polo 8 Best
- Razor: Game Changer .68 SB
- Blade: Rapira SS (1)
- Soap: Stirling Green
- Aftershave: Stirling Green
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Yesterday’s shave was a good one. My new Polo is excellent. I thought RL Polo scented soap was in order. I really like Green but my god it is strong. The soap have a very strong scent and the AS is as strong as many EDTs. The Rapira SS blades are also excellent. Really good smooth blade.

9/10

8120F507-A4AC-4A29-8274-9F0EBD67103D.jpeg

- Brush: Spiffo High Mountain White
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
- Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
- Soap: PdP No. 63
- Aftershave: PdP No. 63
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Today’s shave was also a good one. The Spiffo isn’t holding as much lather as I would like but it needs a few more uses to break in. PdP63 is as good as always. One of my favourites.

A Perma-Sharp in a 6S is a nice combo.

9.5/10. Close to BBS.

27DB4E3F-83F9-4C91-A2E6-D2C0A7DC7776.jpeg

I couldn't wait any longer to "take the training wheels off" the Feather AC Kamisori and use an unguarded blade in it...

tempImagekgAIbZ.jpg

I was a little nervous but I shouldn't have been. It felt and shaved basically the same to me as the Feather Proguard blades. I could tell the new Schick P30 was sharper than the Proguard I'd just used for the 6th time. I look forward to seeing how it develops in a few shaves.

The Kamisori got the first three passes, with the New SC doing some very light cleanup work on the chin, corners of the mouth, and right along the jawline. As my skin settles, I can tell this was a closer shave than yesterday's, which was already good.
The Lemon Chill Glacial splash: :velva2:
Tabac: :punk:

8.8/10

Gillette New De Luxe President
Muhle STF brush
kai blade (1)
AOS sandalwood pre shave
AOS Oud shaving cream
Acne face wash then blackhead scrub
Cold rinse, barbedeaux aftershave
Cold rinse, Proraso green aftershave

Overall 9.5/10 BBS results
First shave with the president, very aggressive razor which is right up my alley. More so thank my muhle r41 haha. Maybe it was also just the brand new Kai that tipped it over into danger territory. Really not too bad as long as you pay attention. Love the heft on the NDP, can’t wait to get it restored as much as I can. Have an idea of getting it engraved again and then replated. Would have to find a good source to redo the engraving, a jeweler maybe? If anyone has some good ideas on that please do let me know!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84 P with HD handle
Blade: Astra SS in the blue pack (5)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Rating: 10

Tonight's shave on a day and a half of growth, post-shower after a day trimming hedges and rose bushes, etc., in the yard. My face was on fire from hives after this work, so I decided to use the more forgiving Game Changer instead of the Above the Tie open comb from yesterday.

Choosing the Game Changer was a good decision, since I achieved easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, with no nicks or irritation. The Mitchell's soap did its job preventing irritation, and the Astra SS blade is still going strong after 5 shaves.

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 Blade (D3)
Brush: Omega 31064
Soap : Proraso Green Tub
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.85/10

Today I particularly focused on the angle and used the lip on the edge of SS with full confidence. The result, outstandingly comfortable and extremely close shave :pipe:

All in all, very close, comfortable and effortless BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Top Bottom