What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Thursday morning- a relaxed great shave today- three passes, 9+++/10, no mishaps and just shy of perfect:

Pre-shave: shower and face wash with Nivea Hydrating wash
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head
Blade: Feather Pro (1)- fresh blade today made a big difference. Same shave effort resulted in a much closer and cleaner result. Seems these blades are maxing out at about seven uses.
Brush: Omega 10019 small scrubby boar; improving slowly and was okay today, just enough lather for a full shave. I did the soak overnight in conditioner to see if I could soften the brush a bit. I'll keep experimenting on it to see if I can get it to the point of actual liking it!
Soap: Canada Shave Soap- This soap is working surprisingly well for me. It's a vegan offering with only six ingredients, but it must be done just right- rich, creamy, and slick lather each use. The puck is hard, aged for months before sale.
Post-shave: cold rinse, Clubman AS- felt the alcohol this morning, nice.

As we reach the end of the week may your shaves reach their peak!

PXL_20210415_143459559.jpg

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch hazel / Brut

Good shave. Did a few laps on paste aft wards for the heck of it. Didn't feel tuggy but the comfort level went down ever so slightly and the lather was fantastic. Unsure if it was because some of the edge got caught on the cotton strop yesterday, but didn't seem to have any noticeable adverse effects to the shave.

9/10 face feels great

20210224_083443.jpg

Razor: Personna Stainless Steel Injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.8.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 20210415
20210415_101751~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (England) (Evgeny Koshelev (rusdrunkbear) Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Floïd Suave
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic

Excellent shave! :cool:

- Brush: Paladin Sherlock
- Razor: 50’s Tech head with a Razorock SS handle
- Blade: KAI (4 and done)
- Soap: Tallow & Steel West Indies
- Aftershave: Tallow and Steel West Indies
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

I should have binned the KAI after 3 shaves but still a really nice shave. Great brush, great soap and AS and a Tech with a heavy SS handle is a thing of beauty.

9/10

AF8A7A3D-A4BC-4A08-8152-B5E6AF1D6EBE.jpeg

IMG_2681.JPG

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Personna Super (3)
Pre-shave: Proraso
Soap: Colonel Conk Lime
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm
Aftershave: Speick

Third shave was the limit for the Personna Super. I'm getting the hang of the open comb. Love the weight and balance of the Blackbird in my hand and it'll teach one the proper shaving angle. Going in I thought it might be overly aggressive but that's definitely not the case - Total precision. All three of the PAA synthetic brushes I've sampled thus far act like stayers. The Peregrino might be my least favorite of the three but it's still too early to tell. It's a solid brush but the other two set the bar extremely high. The real star was the Speick aftershave. Great scent, cool and clean. It'll definitely make the rotation. Overall, the blade drug the rest of the team down this evening: 8.5/10.

My Thursday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Karve Brass 3-1/2" Handle, OC-B​
Blade: KAI (4)​
Pre-Shave: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted (‘rotten wood‘) Maple - Full Moon Synthetic 26mm​
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap w/ Ceramic Bowl​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
10/10 A DFS!
  • I finally got an enjoyable shave with an open comb head
  • Extremely close shave!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
497F2A7E-1E90-465C-81A3-33F4ABE53576.jpeg

PreProraso White pre shave, Italy 🇮🇹
Soap
Squadron Soap Ace, Australia 🇦🇺
Brush
Billy Goat Brushworks, Australia 🇦🇺
Razor
Tatara Nodachi, Portugal 🇵🇹
Blade
GSB, Russia 🇷🇺 start KCG Russia 🇷🇺
Aftershave
Proraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Nivea balm, Germany 🇩🇪
Fragrance
DLM2 aftershave, USA 🇺🇸
Rating
7/10 at a push. Today was a bog ordinary shave. Had to change blade as the GSB was not cutting it (forgive the pun). Every thing otherwise was as normal. Sometimes the magic does not work.

I was envying everyone's matching soap and aftershave splash sets when I realized . . . hey, I actually have one!
I just hadn't put it together in a shave yet.

tempImageQRD9YH.jpg

I finally got a good lather with this soap and had a nice four pass shave overall. Almost no blood. And pretty close results except in the usual trouble spots. But my skin does feel a bit dry and overworked after this shave, which is how I remembered it the last couple times I tried Speick soap. I'll come back to it, but it would surprise me if it ever became a favorite. I think it's less dense and slick than I'd like. The Speick splash is always nice right after the final rinse, and is so extremely mild in scent that I tend to want something more afterwards.

I put some Frost Drops in the Clubman for a final touch and that was a bad move. The scent from the menthol didn't go well with the splash. Live and learn! (The hard way, as usual!).

This shave was a real mixed bag, but I still enjoyed the process and continue to have fun shaving with the Kamisori.
7/10.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Karve ss c plate. Kai blade.
pre province 63. Proraso green aftershave
Just finished lathering up for the first pass when I got a calendar reminder. My meeting was at 10 a not 10:30 as I thought. It was 9:58!
I did a quick 1 pass shave with some touching up. Quick rinse. No alum. Applied aftershave with one hand. Fastest shave with a de ever. Quality of shave: 7.5.
logged in just after 10 to find out meeting was canceled 🥺🤪

Fri 16th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Rapira?? 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Haverford Balm
Very nice soap this. I can smell a very nice mid-strength aromatic cigarish scent with some...cognac? Today's lather is creamily thick and slick...great stuff!
Shave with razor paired with the new blade at setting 4-4-2 was just okok. Managed 3passes for a ccs result and escaped with just 1 red spot. Excellent aftershaves and the balm paired with the soap was a wow! Enjoyed the very nice long-lingering cigarish aroma between HeV & Haverford, especially covered in a face mask. Rating 9/10
20210415_233453.jpg
20210416_071405.jpg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Fatip OC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum Blade (D4)
Brush: Semogue 610 Boar
Soap : Valobra Cologne Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotique Wild Grass AS Gel
Rating : 9.80/10

Very close, comfortable and effortless BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Polsilver Super iridium (6th)
AS: cold rinse; Pitralon classic AS.

2 passes (WTG, ATG), excellent shave. Far better lather than yesterday (simply added a little more water)
That was the last shave for this Polsilver blade.

Top Bottom