What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

- Brush: Semogue 1800 boar
- Razor: Game Changer .68 SB
- Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
- Soap: Noble Otter Rawr
- Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Excellent shave using a boar brush for the first time in months. Hard to beat this brush for under $20.

Rawr is excellent stuff. One of my favourites.

9.5/10

E3457978-5FF5-4DB9-A9CE-071B52B4D1C2.jpeg

I also went with the GC .68 today. Great piece of equipment.

Razor: Game Changer .68 SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Simpson Berkely #46
Pre: Hot towel with glycerine soap, Proraso Red pre-shave
Soap: Proraso Red cream

9/10, small cut under my chin that needed attention, otherwise great. Really liking these Nacet blades.

My Birthday (Tuesday) Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Karve Brass 3-1/2" Handle, OC-B​
Blade: KAI (3)​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
8.8/10 A close shave....
  • I CANNOT SHAVE WITH AN OPEN COMBE RAZOR! LOL! I can shave with solid bar DEs. I can shave with SRs. I can shave with cartridges. But, for whatever reason, I cannot shave with an OC plate. I end up cutting, scraping and nicking myself when using one
  • I have been using the SB-C plate on my carve, but because I had 2 days growth I thought I would try the OC-B plate. My understanding is that the SB-C plate should be similar in aggressiveness as the OC-B plate. See above ^....
  • Today was my B-day shave. I was planning on something different, but life gets in the way. I was planning on some soaps and AS that my significant other is less fond of. And I was planning on using an SR, but it did not pan out...

Last edited:
Wed 14th SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade American Shave Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Cella Milano Splash
Very nice lather quality from the soap. Pleasant scent, creamy and slick!
Shave with razor paired with the blade with a shim was just manageable for 2.5 passes without any weepers and mostly ccs result...pheeww, I am glad! Excellent aftershaves though. Rating 8.5/10
20210413_203257.jpg
20210414_073117.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant “FOCS”
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (2)
Brush: Chisel and Hound “Buffalo Valley” with 26mm V9 Fanchurian
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Lather: Murphy and McNeil Naid
Post-shave:
• Omega Alum Stick
• Murphy and McNeil Naid Aftershave Splash (Alcohol Free)
• Murphy and McNeil Naid Aftershave Balm

Result: 9 / 10
Enjoyable 3 pass DFS with no irritation. Slightly wider Kai blade nicked the edge of a large scar on my lower lip that resulted in a little blood and had 2 weepers under my chin. When my wife got home and passed me in the hall, she advised me “Damn that’s nice” then pulled me in close, took a big whiff and told me how good I smelled.

36EB4C11-9A8F-45A3-BA23-4E813AA5522E.jpeg

Happy birthday @Vaporstang!

I hadn't shaved with any Stirling soap in a looong time, so, tonight:

tempImage8SSXNS.jpg

A very nice three pass shave with the Feather Kamisori-style SS razor. I had a ProGuard blade on use #2. I made some progress getting my chin a little closer than yesterday, but with quite spotty results there. It's going to be a long 24 hours before I get to fix that!

The main thing: only one tiny weeper during the shave, which closed by the end, and almost zero irritation. A mix of BBS and DFS results; very, very satisfying. For some reason I am really doing well with this razor right now. This is my 30th shave with it.

I got to try the Executive Man splash for the first time as well and like it a lot. It paired better with the soap than I expected.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday 20210413
365 Shaves in 2021: 103 for 103 = 100%
Vintage April
20210413_201659~2.jpg

Razor: Personna "BBS-0" (England) (Evgeny Koshelev (rusdrunkbear) Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Persian Jar (Shavemac 24mm Finest)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Excellent shave! :cool:

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRX Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Indian Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger
Soap : Haslinger Coconut
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + FA AS Lotion
Rating : 9.65/10

Nice close, comfortable and effortless BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Polsilver Super iridium (4th)
AS: cold rinse; Pitralon classic AS.

2 passes (WTG, ATG), excellent shave.
The Polsilver is giving me good and comfortable shaves.
I'm fully confident now with the weird shift in hairgrowth direction I have on my lower right neck. This morning I managed to do a perfect job for the first time with a small spot of hair growing in the opposite direction on my lower left neck. With no noticable irritation. Yeah!

So for me, this morning deserves a 10/10.

My Birthday (Tuesday) Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Karve Brass 3-1/2" Handle, OC-B​
Blade: KAI (3)​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
8.8/10 A close shave....
  • I CANNOT SHAVE WITH AN OPEN COMBE RAZOR! LOL! I can shave with solid bar DEs. I can shave with SRs. I can shave with cartridges. But, for whatever reason, I cannot shave with an OC plate. I end up cutting, scraping and nicking myself when using one
  • I have been using the SB-C plate on my carve, but because I had 2 days growth I thought I would try the OC-B plate. My understanding is that the SB-C plate should be similar in aggressiveness as the OC-B plate. See above ^....
  • Today was my B-day shave. I was planning on something different, but life gets in the way. I was planning on some soaps and AS that my significant other is less fond of. And I was planning on using an SR, but it did not pan out...
happy belated bday 🎂

camo

Top Bottom