What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razorock XXX
Omega 599
Merkur 42C
Kai (3rd use)
Razorock XXX AS

Score 10/10

This dinky little Omega is a delight to use and it whipped up a lovely lather (the best I've had with this soap). The razor & blade combo was excellent.

IMG_20210408_121359179.jpg

Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile
Blade :Merkur Platinum Stainless (2)
Brush: Vie-Long 04503 Horse, 21mm

Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street

Hattric Aftershave Splash

Two passes.
A very smooth and efficient shave.
I hadn't used the gentle Gentile for a while. It was better than I remembered.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

08 April 2021
20210408_060459.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor For The Blade:
WCS 84S
Van der Hagen √
Cream Of The Day:
Old Spice Original
Old Spice Musk √
Proraso Green
Brush Of The Day
Omega11126 √
Gray Dog
Blade:
ASCO (Egypt) #2
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
10.0 BBS Again, absolutely no stubble, nicks, or weepers for this morning’s shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: TOBS St. James Cream
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72 w/WCS SS handle
Blade: Astra SS (1) - WOW! WONDERFUL!
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Land Ho splash

Perfect shave, DFS/BBS, four-pass with touch-ups. No blood or injuries. Took out the Wizamet Super Iridium this morning and put in an Astra SS. A match made in heaven. It has similar sharpness properties to the Gillette Silver Blue so I figured I would give it a try. Glad I did. This blade just made the cut...no pun intended. An excellent choice of blade for this razor! Now I have three blades I would use in the Lupo SS, Astra SS, Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum. Going to use the Astra SS a few more times before pulling it...very good performance this morning.

TOBS St. James getting low...good stuff! Decided to splash on Land Ho this morning as I have a full bottle, just a few uses, and I was also sent a sample in my last order. A very nice scent.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210408.jpg

9C3DD3DC-1C24-4EC7-8CB0-719DBA836858.jpeg

Razor: 50’s Super Speed
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega Pro
AS: Ghost Town Barber

Good morning. First use of the super speed. I’ve been trying to hunt down a birth razor for my dad, and so far the bay has only had sorta beat up ones. This was not an exception. I was able to clean it up, and restore some of the plate loss, and I was able to sorta correct some bent corners, but it’s missing an end cap and has dents on the tto knob, so the search continues, and I’ll just have to keep this one. But it shaves great, almost exactly how I expected. Very comfortable and close. MWF was great as always. DFS

9/10

A testimonial to the wisdom of changing your blade when necessary:

36-hour beard

Gillette '56 Red Tip /new Personna Lab Blue blade

Palmolive Classic shave cream

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Only as I was working the shampoo into my pelt in the shower did I realize that I've been experimenting with shaving first. So, after the shower, I applied the Palmolive to my brush, face-lathered, and wielded the Red Tip after 3 minutes. The new blade sliced the bristles easily -- a far different experience from the Personna Red with 4 shaves on it I used on Tuesday evening. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG and some cleanup work, and done. Not BBS, but darn close to it.

Verdict: 9.5.

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Clubman

No irritation/blood. yay! Upon inspection after rinsing I came to find that I did a pretty abysmal job on the bottom of my chin and the hollow on the left side of my neck, which are my trouble areas. It's a shame that I don't care. :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, April 8th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84, MFG 2018> excellent <Mid range, easy to maneuver on the face, results great.
Blade: Kai SS (2) extra wide blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity, pairs well with my RR GC .84 for extra blade feel.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice fresh citrus scent, great lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, good scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush was whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel + Nivea refreshing aftershave lotion + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irrition + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + a Kai SS Blade.

DE SOTD , Thur, April 8th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Thurs shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Uomo Da Vinci 293
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
GSB
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’ Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
This week I switched to AoS Sandalwood, tallow formula. I have just a small amount of soap left. However, this hard soap will last a long time even if it is just a bit left. The 293 did it’s usual good job. A great shave.

Well, this was kind of decision day. I clearly wanted to continue breaking in the SOC boar. On the other hand I have just bought a Martin de Candre Agrumes which I like to further try. Nonetheless, I was only able to buy the 50g glas, not the 200g as primarily intended. I thought of ordering directly from their website but the 50 Euro shipping to Germany was just ridicuously too much. I was happy to find a 50g glas shipped for a reasonable price from Germany.

The SOC boar is a bit to big for to 50g glas - so that was the decision to make. I found a third way by using a bowl underneath the MdC glas while using the SOC to take up product - followed by bowl lathering instead of face lathering. And that worked wonderful... my first bowl lathering since, I don't know, 14 months? Great lather, though. I took up enough product for 3.5 passes, there was lather for at least one more pass left in the bowl.

The shave was smooth, close and very convenient. The scent of the MdC is just wonderful. I rate the shave a 9/10.

Razor: Rockwell 6S, WTG/XTG R4, ATG and touch ups R3
Blade: Personna Red (1)
Brush: SOC boar
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

59DB5366-3496-46A8-8B02-797A3F777D6A.jpeg

Last edited:
20210407_083615.jpg

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White