What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, April 5th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog proof(Peerless model 17nib SB)- MFG 1945-46, excellent mid range, well built TTO, great results.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irsh country side- mild scent, excellent lather qualities. One of my slickest soaps offering good protection.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
The handle is a little larger than most but feels really nice in the hand ergonomically.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG t pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Peerless Micromatic Clog Pruf + a coated Gem blade.(checked all the wants of a excellent shave)

MMMonday April 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these Times!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN with Two Dot Plate
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming Convergence
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave. Second shave with the OREN! Is a nice easy to use razor, shaving angle easy to find and floating blade gives a close shave without worry of weepers, cuts or irritation. In time I will try a Feather blade, but right now I am happy with the shave I am getting.

Mon shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
PAA Big Shave S’West
Brush
B&B Essential Boar - 10th Anniv
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37c
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
The B&B did a fine job in gathering the soap. There is very little left, and the boar was the perfect brush to gather the soap. The 37c and Lord SC have proved to be a nice combo. However, the blade after 4 fine shaves has been retired.

20210404_131225.jpg

Razor: Gem Feather Weight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Ten! :clap:

05 April 2021
20210405_063037.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
WCS 84S Van der Hagen
Cream:
Old Spice Original Old Spice Musk Proraso Green
Brush For Today:
Omega11126 Gray Dog
Blade:
Van der Hagen Shave #2
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.8 BBS A nice shave with no stubble, nicks, or weepers. Did ‘plane’ off some scabs however. Getting ready for an errand laden day, along with lawn mowing. Yesterday, I incorrectly posted that I used Old Spice Orignal, but actually used the OS Musk scent. Today it is as indicated.

Another Fine shave. I finally got the T3 to perform to my liking. The razor and blade combo was passable and the aftershave left me feeling fresh and clean. I irritated my lower neck in yesterday's shave and it was uncomfortable still today to I one passed it and hope it will clear up in a day or so. 3 pass head and face otherwise.

8.5/10

20210405_063356.jpg
20210405_065046.jpg

Quick Monday morning shave, near BBS, 9++/10- close and smooth; the phone rang during my final clean-up, so I stopped my shave just shy of a 10. Packing today and will be traveling starting early tomorrow. My shaves will be quite repetitive on the road, unless I get to Pasteur's Pharmacy, but I'll try and post.

Pre-shave:
shower and face wash
Razors: Occam's Razor- two-dot guide
Blade: Feather Pro (3)-
the blade shaved just right today
Brush: Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia two-band badger- pulled it out for my trip, and it's the right brush for me to use and leave in New York, plus a boar.
Soap: MWF- in my stick form; it's just a great soap for me; lathers well, slick, protective and leaves my face feeling great. I'm packing this stick to go with me.
Post-shave: cool rinse, then Humphrey's WH after the phone call. I'll do a spray of Terre d'Hermes before I head out today.

Keep it slick for no more nicks.

PXL_20210405_165817884.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Monday morning shave

Razor: Unknown origin
Brush: Badger
Soap: Portus Cale

Awesome shave! Marked “Silver Steel” this SR has been on and off the stones for several weeks now. Extensive pitting near blade edge made things challenging. Back from the dead, a fine razor indeed. Happy Monday!
3A3987D1-E949-48B1-BB60-6C7A27F767DC.jpeg

9/10

Hot shower
Hot water washcloth beard soak
Arko pressed into bowl to lather
Weber PH w. Classic handle razor
Wilkinson Sword blade
Cool rinse
Home made After Shave
Hmmmmmmm! Got me interested! “Home-made AS”??? Wth. Is it easy to make or it takes mad skill and it gets expensive!?? I’d love to try...

let me know when you have free time, please??

Thank you in advance :).

- Brush: Spiffo Silvertip
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
- Blade: KAI (2)
- Soap: Noble Otter Orbit
- Aftershave: Nivea Deep
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Quick 2 pass BBS shave today after a late shave last night. I was surprised at how smooth and efficient the KAI was in my 6S. Not a combination I normally use. 👍

Orbit is a great soap. I love the synthetic cooling agent they use. Lots of cooling but not over the top and no eye watering menthol. Will be buying the matching AS when I can find it.

Spiffo makes great brushes and this Silvertip is no exception.

10/10

BA9EB57A-8E0E-4E37-97A3-3467CBB5C29B.jpeg

Hmmmmmmm! Got me interested! “Home-made AS”??? Wth. Is it easy to make or it takes mad skill and it gets expensive!?? I’d love to try...

let me know when you have free time, please??

Thank you in advance :).
I make allot to last a long time and give to friends. I can use almost anything to make a nice AS but my base is 50/50 of Isopropyl Alcohol and Witch Hazel some time a little more WH

in a clean Gallon Milk jug
16 oz Alcohol
16 oz or + Witch hazel
4-5 cinnamon sticks
Lemon or orange zest
1 Tbls. Allspice
10 cloves
1 tsp. Rosemary
Small 8 oz.bottle of Dark Jamaican Rum optional

Shake well, let stand no less than a week shaking daily, the longer the mix stands the better. There are a number of other recipes on line but my wife likes the one I make. Empty bottles of Soy sauce makes a good AS container.

Rating: 9.5 / 10
Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress - EVO Deluxe” with 26mm High Mountain White (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Lime Zest
Post-shave:
• Omega Alum Stick
• Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Splash
• Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Balm

Results:
2 passes (WTG & ATG)
• Fantastic tropical smelling shave on a sunny spring day
• DFS +
• No cuts, irritation, redness, tugging, bumps / ingrowns
• Almost no feedback with alum
• One small weeper under chin, went away with the alum
• I loaded heavier then I normally do with cream as I hadn’t used this brush with a cream yet but didn’t have a ton of lather after first pass
• London Bridge blade feels great. Close and smooth, just a hair below my favourites Perma-Sharp and GSB

6AA8B3FB-063A-43B5-8C26-75E611B33670.jpeg

Tue 6th SE SOTD
Soap L'Occitane Cade 1st Use With thanks to a kind member in another forum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC brass
Blade Shick Proline P-30 1st With thanks to a kind member in a UK forum
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic
Interesting soap. Quite easy to load, very light pleasant scent, kinda airy type but wow...the lather is really slick...
Shave with razor paired with another Proline blade this time from another kind member in the UK forum. Quite good...smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Somehow I still prefer the guarded AC blades. The Stirling Witchhazel as AS is terrific! Rating 9.6/10
20210405_220145.jpg

20210406_064249.jpg

Top Bottom