What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

View attachment 1229678

Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: Omega boar
Razor: Gillette slim
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
AS: Captains Choice Bay Rum

11th day using the Gillette slim adjustable. I don’t think I’ve gotten a better shave with another razor. I know better than to think I won’t buy another razor at some point, but I certainly don’t feel the need right now. Had great luck using Gillette Nacet, Platinum, and Rubie blades with it. 2 pass BBS

10/10
[emoji106] That's a great razor.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Filarmonica 13 DT
D.R. Harris Arlington
Simpson 46 Berkeley
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210228_121731.jpg

easy going smooth shave.

be well all.

camo

20210227_085704.jpg

Razor: Schick C3 Magazine Repeating Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5 :cool:

Sunday morning shave, 8+/10, CCS, relaxing and fun! I was laughing so much I just concentrated enough not to cut myself. My four year-old Grandson got a lathering lesson this morning and we had a blast messing up the whole counter, mirror, and floor with wild flinging of lather. I never knew toy boats like lather! Grandma took the little one out of the bathroom when the razor came out, safety first, and I was instructed to clean up our mess. Definitely worth it :001_rolle!!

Pre-shave: I showered the little guy, and managed to wash
Razor: Feather DX Japanese style
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 in Best
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: rinse, alum, rinse, Clubman Classic Vanilla AS

Hope your Sunday is as much fun!

PXL_20210228_171338931.jpg

Delightful Sunday shave. 3 passes plus touch ups. 10/10

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Polsilver SI (1)
Brush AP Shave Co 26mm Cashmere Fan
Soap Captain's Choice Nor'Easter
AS Captain's Choice Nor'Easter

I love this CC Nor'Easter soap and aftershave. It is a treat to use and I always look forward to it's turn in the rotation. My wife said as soon as I walked into the office "You smell nice!". First shave on a new Polsilver from a 500 blade transaction. I had to verify that they are the real deal. They are.

SOTD A.jpg

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Straight shave #28 (or 29? I forget).

Went well, but gave me a reminder who was in charge on my chin pretty good. Styptic had to come out. Yay mask! Other than that, felt really satisfied on my progress so far.

9/10.

1614534526289.jpeg

Brush: AP Shave Co Handcrafted / 24mm Maggards SHD
Soap: Grooming Dept - Mallard Amore
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC
Blade: Personna Med Prep

10/10: The OC plate can get it done some days, no doubt. I think this Maggards knot has finally found a home in this IP-violating handle (M&F). It’s very comfortable and deep enough for what I think the SHD needs.

I can’t say for sure, but I think this resin is the same that Paladin sources for “Lemon Drop.” The Handle is clearly made by Oumo, moving Chinese manufacturing into new areas.

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Le Grelot Campiono 309 5/8​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm​
Soap: Pre de Provence - No. 63 w/ Shea Butter​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave Splash: Proraso Red After Shave Lotion, Sandalwood Oil and Shea Butter​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, chamomile, shea butter, vitamin E​
9.0/10
  • One cut that required the styptic pencil. My mistake as I was messing with my technique on my upper chin area
  • The Proraso Red After Shave Lotion is a little too much for me. Second time using it. First off, personally I don't care for AS with alcohol, but thought I would give it a try again. Also, the scent is just too strong for me
proxy.php

linty1

My wallet cries.
Was looking for my old bowls and found a SOC brush I had forgotten about/only partially broken in with a Palmolive shave stick and a Occams razor I had just received from a fellow b&b'er, loaded with a Feather proguard. 3 passes.

D69320FF-D107-4416-90AF-F11E9504D188.jpeg

I just noticed some... most? heck all of you fellows take really really nice photos, like all posed up and with extra things like towels and such to set the scene, really nice. ^mines *plunk plunk plunk* three items.... and I forgot the shave stick. lol

Proraso Pre Shave White
Proraso White Soap
Yaqi Ferrari Tuxedo 26mm Brush
Gillette Flare Tip B2 Razor
PolSilver (3) Blade
WTG + XTG - did the job
Shave Nation Alum Stick
Proraso White After Shave Balm

I rate today's shave a 9.5/10, another great shave, not BBS but DFS. The Gillette '56 Super Speed is a smooth ride, and was manufactured during my birth year.

proxy.php

Sent from Banjo_Billy using Tapatalk

Well something happened today, I decided to use MWF, a few days before I had put some water in the container to prep the soap, when I opened the container there was this yellowish Gel covering the soap.

I was just going to throw it out, wish I had, I just dumped out the gel cleaned the soap off and proceeded to use it, I was face lathering and could not seem to get it to Lathering well. Then it just dissipated, on my face, so added more soap to the brush and tried again, same thing, so I got out a washcloth and wiped my face clean, threw out the MWF and grabbed Tabac.

But my face felt a little irritated, the Tabac worked great a had a great shave, but afterwards my face and neck were all red it felt like it does when you have gone over areas to many times.

The shave was so smooth, even now 3 hours later my face is still red and it feels like a sunburn.

Since all of the other things in my Shave routine were the same the only thing I can think of is that what ever was in that yellowish Gel was really needed in the soap.

It really ruined a great shave.

Soap: Tabac
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Razor: Timeless Ti SB .95
Post shave: Everything I have to try and get my face to stop burning

The shave itself was a 10/10, but because of the MWF it is a 5/10
C1998FDF-CFF5-4DBF-9B9E-06BD5327E7CE.jpeg

tempImagehT9cXL.jpg

Today I ran a test of some of the things I'm planning to use for FFFMM. The Feather blade performed much better in the New SC than it did in the prewar Tech. Overall a pretty good shave!

Razor: Gillette New SC
Blade: Feather (2) *headed for the bin, since I'm using something else for March
Lather: B&M Lavender
Brush: Yaqi 26mm
Mascot: Flicken Chicken, who says, "If I was down to my last feather, I certainly wouldn't cluck about it all over the internet!"

Time to go post my Fixed Four. Happy Sunday all!

the only thing I can think of is that what ever was in that yellowish Gel was really needed in the soap.

Doug, I had the same struggle with MWF recently as I tried to move heaven and earth to finally get it to work. Like you, I put water on it and closed the container for two days. When it was time to shave, I saw the same gel you did, and I put most of it right in my lather bowl, figuring that was the secret sauce. No dice. I'd tried MWF too many times every way I could think, so I finally demoted it to hand soap duty. Life's too short.

Top Bottom