What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Prep: Warm Shower + Bloom Water
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Nacet(3)
Brush: dscosmetic 2-band badger
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Jigott Charcoal Soothing Gel

DFS+ | 9.0/10

Arko has amazing performance for such an affordable price. Just the scent after the shave I still need to get used to. No nicks or irritation!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (brushless - applied by hand)
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass SB (Plate B)
Blade: Kai SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

The pirate shave...GWAR! WSP Blackbeard paired with Bootlegger's Bay Rum...buried treasure awaits! Four pass with touch ups...very clean DFS/BBS...no blood. Not sure what the difference would be for the Karve SB Plate B to Plate C, but the more I shave with the Karve OC Plate B, the more I think a Plate C would work better than the Plate B I have. Have a great day, everyone.

No picture...pressed for time.

Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- The Highland Soap Company Juniper Shaving Soap + Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Hawkins & Brimble Elemi and Ginseng aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (4)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 8/10
Pleasant single pass Sunday shave. As usual I had to super lather this soap with a cream as despite its really nice scent, it produces a poor thin, dissipating lather by itself.
Onto blade testing next week with a Vikings Sword up first!

Rainy Sunday Shave:
Fatip Piccolo Slant
Silver Star (1)
Semogue C5 Torga premium boar brush
Klar Seifen shaving soap
Dickinson's witch hazel mixed with Pereja Limon Kolonya
Speick aftershave splash

Clean, very close shave; DFS+

fixed-four-base-4.png

Sunday morning shave, on a 24-hour beard:

Gillette Travel Tech from 1965, but with the NEW Short Comb handle; blade is a Shark, probably the one I put in the TT when I got it last November. I use the TT about once a month, so, 4 shaves?

Trumper's Almond Cream

Semogue boar brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Good workout and shower, then loaded the boar after letting it soak in the scuttle and lathered the phiz. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, a mix of XTG and ATG on the throat only; a quick touch up and I was finished. The Travel Tech with a NEW handle (a handle, think about it, made almost 30 years before the head, and yet they work together perfectly!) shaves, I expect, a lot like a Tech with a ball end handle. Close and smooth.

Verdict: 9.4.

Razorock Nomad
AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere
Blackland Dart
Perma Sharp (3rd use)
Tabac AS

Score: 8/10

Day 2 with the Dart. Got a better shave from it than yesterday but this is clearly a razor that requires practice to get the best out of it. The soap has a nice mellow scent and lathered up well.

IMG_20210228_110417768~2.jpg

28 February 2021
20210228_061941.jpg

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using distilled water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Lord Platinum Shave #5
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
10.0 BBS Perfect shave for a damp dreary Sunday morning. Today’s shave yielded no stubble, nicks, or weepers.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Shark SS blade in a red tip Super Speed
Simpsons Eagle G3 Pure
Cella
St Johns West Indian Lime Cologne
8/10

I own 2 Eagle G3s in Pure. One of them has a perfectly formed knot that I count among my fave brushes no matter the grade of hair. Then there's this one, still a good brush, but more typical of Simpsons Pure.
Pure Eagle 3.jpeg

Razor: Colonial Razors 'The General '
Blade: Feather ProGuard (8)
Brush: RazoRock BC Silvertip Plissoft
Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Cream: Palmolive green

Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel
Myrsol Agua de Limon aftershave splash

A pretty good shave. It's close after three passes but there's a definite feel of seven previous (twenty one passes) shaves to the blade. First pass especially didn't feel very smooth so I got seven enjoyable shaves from this pairing. Glad I know that.
9/10

Have a great day everyone [emoji2]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

9D85457A-248C-4F13-8969-CDD7493A5F3F.jpeg

Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: Omega boar
Razor: Gillette slim
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
AS: Captains Choice Bay Rum

11th day using the Gillette slim adjustable. I don’t think I’ve gotten a better shave with another razor. I know better than to think I won’t buy another razor at some point, but I certainly don’t feel the need right now. Had great luck using Gillette Nacet, Platinum, and Rubie blades with it. 2 pass BBS

10/10

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Soap: Arianna & Evans Kaizen Base Asian Plum
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave.

Last edited:
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (8?)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 10/10 - A rare Sunday shave; I'm usually a Monday/Wednesday/Friday shaver. But we're meeting some friends we haven't seen since the pandemic started for a picnic, so I did a one-pass shave to get most of the weekend scruff off.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Feb 28th 2021

Razor: Schick golden 500 injector with hydro magic-MFG 1957-64 Great mild razor, handle is the longest of all my razors 5 3/8".
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity smooths out over time, predictable.
Soap: Speick, has a nice mid range spice scent with good lather qualities, reasonable post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips with gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 8.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :thumbup: great shave with my Schick Golden 500 with hydro magic injector with a Personna blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Feb 28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Same as yesterday (MdC fougere, AS-D2, Personna Platinum, and 4711) but with a T2 in place of the BK4 and another day (9) on the blade. The T2 is not quite as quick on the MdC as the little Kent badger, but under three seconds of twirl atop the puck more than sufficed for all three passes with lather to spare. 10

Top Bottom