What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

DSC Z0

Kai

Bond

Bond

Very smooth and thorough, shaving the head and face ... Aggressive but very effective razor ....10/10👌👍

IMG_20210222_154848.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS 10 (2)
Soap: B&M Reserve Cool
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave:
Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Nice 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave.

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette-Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: WSP Boar HD 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Cream :Gibbs

Cold rinse
PAA Doppelganger Star Jelly

An efficient three pass shave. I don't really get smooth shaving from the R41 but I do get efficient ones and my face is smooth as a result . Other less efficient razors feel smoother and more comfortable during the shave but don't actually shave as good.
PAA's Star Jelly feels great.
10/10
Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Lord Silver Star (3)
Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Rating: 10

An awesome second shave with the Dart, no nicks or irritation etc and a super smooth BBS finish. I’m really liking this razor so far
and tomorrow I’ll try it with a Bic Chrome Platinum, I don’t find it to be too blade forward or aggressive at all.

IMG_0205.jpg

- Face Prep: Shower with La Toja Magno Soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Stirling Spice.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt Blue)
- Brush: WCS Lantern Synthetic.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R4.
- Blade: Crystal (2).
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.
- Accompaniment: AM radio via the Grundig AM/FM/SW.

Experience: Haven't posted in a few days, and one close but somewhat uncomfortable shave on Saturday. Today, with two days' growth to welcome the Crystal blade, I got a good, easy, 2.5-pass shave. I'm starting to get more comfortable using the R4 plate, and so left it in for tomorrow (though I'll change blades). If that goes well, I'll stick with it as daily driver. I have caught myself applying pressure with the R3 up, especially around and under the chin, so I want to improve my technique. Smoothness right now is DFS or better. Got some sting with the aftershave, but it resolved fairly quickly to menthol chill.

Rating: 9.9/10

20210221_084348.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb Gold Bumpless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. :pipe:

Micromatic Monday shave, 10/10, close, comfy, uber smooth, and zero irritation:

Pre-shave: warm face wash
Razor: Micromatic Bullet tip
Blade: Gem SS (4)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger- softish tips with just the right amount of backbone for this smaller brush
Soap: LEA- finally got a great shave with this soap. I decided to give it another go and bloomed it overnight, loaded heavily, and was rewarded with a great lather. I was ready to give it the boot, until this morning's shave. Perhaps, the very low humidity here in Arizona, or maybe an older puck, but treating it like a MWF puck worked.
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, rinse, Floid Vigoroso AS, and Nivea Face Lotion, which has a SPF 15 sunscreen. It will be 76 degrees here today and I'll be outside with my grandson.

Starting out as a great Monday for me; I wish you all the same!

PXL_20210222_174216579.jpg

Pre:shower, proraso white,hot towel
Brush:Fendrihan 22mm synth
Lather:L’occitane
Razor:Schick E-2(1930’s)
Blade:Schick
Post:warm rinse,cold rinse,alum block, cold rinse,proraso white balm

First go with the Schick and the L’occitane.What a nice razor. Very nimble and forgiving. One side is BBS but there’s some stragglers on the other side’s jawline.Anyway, really digging this Schick injector. Very easy blade install too.
A04CCB9A-A842-4C1D-B8C7-0345513A1718.jpeg

Today's Head Shave :

Pre Shave: Ach Brito Glyce Classic
Razor: Merkur Futur (4.5)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Brush: Simpson X2L Colonel
Soap/Cream: Speick Cream
Post Shave: Alum, Speick Splash / Balm

** One Pass ATG + Little Touch Ups
** No Nicks, No irritation, Little Alum Feedback

Rating: 9+... 💙❤️💙

tempImageXNeKjb.jpg

Razor: Postwar Tech
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (5)
Lather: A&E St. Bart's
Brush: Razorock Tricolore synthetic
Aftershave splash: Stirling Unscented
Balm: Nivea Cooling

Had a nice, tropical coconut scented shave with the A&E St. Bart's today. Such a great creamy lather and the scent is wonderful. One of those that hangs around part of the day at least and greets you every now and then. I have way too much soap right now, but if I didn't I'd consider getting a tub of this. Have a good Monday all!

Top Bottom