What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

RR GC. 84 OC

TRITON

NIVEA

NIVEA

9/10

IMG_20210212_151156.jpg

I haven't been posting for a while, but I'm back. For some reason the Shaving Gods turned against me. Regardless of what I used (6 different razors), I was getting weepers and cuts. All seems to be under control and I am back to enjoying my shaves.

SOTD

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS 10 (1)
Soap: A&E Asian Pear (new formula)
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS

Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No cuts, weepers or irritation. Was a nice carefree shave. In process of breaking in the SOC after it's initial three day soak. The SOC just gets better with every shave.

Razor: 1973 Gillette Black Handle Super Speed
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (1)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mickey Lee Soap Works "The Kraken"
Aftershave: Stirling "Barbershop"
Rating: 9.9/10 - Great end of the week/start of a three day weekend shave!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, Feb 12th, 2021

Razor: Kai style shavette- MFG 2018> well built zamic, seems to handle well, good razor to try AC razors IMO.
Blade: Kai Protouch- Excellent blade, sharp & smooth and with the guard a little more protection. Good blade to learn with.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, great mild bayrum scent, great lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic, great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub, good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 with pickups. WTG +2 ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Kai style shavette and Kai Protouch.

SOTD, Fri, Feb 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

IMG_0183.jpg

- Face Prep: Face wash with Clinique for Men Face Soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Stirling Spice.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt Blue)
- Brush: WCS Lantern Silvertip Badger.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R3.
- Blade: Red Personna (5) and still good.
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.
- Accompaniment: Morning news through my Grundig Travel shortwave radio.

Experience: Another easy and close shave, with no weepers and pleasant feedback from the aftershave. I may be hitting my stride in DE shaving.

Rating: 9.5/10

Soap: Arko
Razor: Modified Gold Dollar
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Straight shave #18
Was going to test the edge on my spare Rolls Razor blade I honed up yesterday, but said screw it. Went cut throat!

Extra time spent practicing XTG on chin, and did a little more XTG on the stash area. Got a weeper on the 2nd pass, but wasn't a problem after rinsing off my face. Started ATG "feelers" on my neck, playing with angles and what not. Probably got the closest shave on my cheeks so far. It amazes me how close to BBS it is without even going ATG.

Slowly but surely.

9/10

I had a shave after some days, and it feels great.

Williams mug soap is another home run in the game of scoring great performance soaps.
No extended blooming or super hot water required, just some warm water, an Omega brush and it's good to go.

Razor : RazoRock Game Changer OC 84
Brush : Oega 10005
Soap : Williams mug soap
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (8)
A/ S : Alum Bloc and Anherb ASC

RATING : 9/10

IMG_20210212_190615.jpg

Prep: Shower
Soap: MWF
Brush: 10066 knot in a handle I carved with a pocket knife from a scrap of wood.
Bowl: small, amazon, $6
Razor: Tech
Blade: Nacet (1)
Aftershave: Proraso Red

Very happy with my comically small shaving bowl. Fits great in my hand, doesn’t take up space on the shelf, lather didn’t fall out the top (much). The Tech Nacet combo worked very well for me. DFS

9.5/10

F8E5D019-8CC9-40E0-935E-9C47FCE4FBCD.jpeg

no picture unfortunately

Prep: (Hot shower) - Cold water shave & Aloe Vera Gel & Proraso Pre White
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: TSF Granducato Toscano
Aftershave: D.R. Harris Arlington and Proraso white balm

9/10

BBS

I bought a 200 pack of feathers on discount and I begun using them in all my favorite razors, and today was the time of the R41.

This was a really close one, without too much effort. No irritations, no nicks, no cuts. Top-notch shave in 3 passes and no need to touch up.

I only messed up the aftershave because going thin-to-thick kills the fragrance of Arlington with the proraso. Should be the other way around...🤔

20210211_081350.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC4 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian
- Razor: Like Grandpa Grooming (Karve B plate)
- Blade: Gillette Goal Stainless (1)
- Soap: Simpsons Unscented Cream
- Aftershave: B&M Hallows balm
- Post Shave: Alum, Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

New blade, brush and cream today.

The M7 Manchurian is a perfect brush IMO. Soft, nice backbone and a good face feel. I’m impressed but I should be for the $$$ these cost. Traded a great B&Ber for it and glad I did.

The Simpsons cream is nice. It is about as unscented as you can find. Barely even a hit of a soap smell. This cream lathers very well. I have a ton of irritation but it is likely the blade.

Tried my first Goal Stainless today and it was awful. No cuts or weepers but a ton of irritation. I look like I have friggin measles. I really like the Goal Super Platinum, but my first shave with the SS sucked. Might be a bad blade or just not a good blade for my Like Grandpa razor. We shall see.

7/10 👎

Friday shave, two-pass + clean up-really nice: 9/10- DFS+, no nicks, weepers, or irritation:

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Japanese style
Blade: Two blades: Proline P-30 (4) first pass, Univilions AC blade (2) second pass + clean up. I went back to the Proline to start. The shave I had yesterday from the Univilions was rough, but it lasted well- surprisingly so. I decided to give it a try again for the second pass and clean up today and it was okay. I'm not sure why the shave lasted so well. I'll take a loupe to the two blades later, after I run my errands, and see if there's something I can discern.
Soap: Ian's PIF- @SliceOfLife was kind enough tos end me a sample of the soap he's been making and I've used it a few times now; it's living in an Old Spice Mug. I've been lathering it a bit breaking in some boars and the soap makes a nice medium thick lather, and reminds me of classic, basic, clean, simple shaving soaps. I like it and it will continue to pop up in my rotation. Since it didn't have a name yet, I'm suggesting it be called- Pass It Forward.
Brush: Simpson Duke 2- as always, a very nice small brush
Post-shave: cool water, alum, Clubman for Friday AS, Cerave moisturizer

Have a great weekend!

PXL_20210212_200513590.jpg

Top Bottom