What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre shave- AOS sandalwood pre shave
Lather- AOS Oud shaving cream
Razor- Muhle r41 with timeless handle
Blade- Astra SP (3 and done)
Post shave care- general acne face wash rinsed then blackhead scrub, followed by cold splash and alum block, rinsed off then AOS sandalwood after shave balm

shave rating- 9.5/10 near BBS (see below)
Still trying to perfect my difficult spot right where the chin curves, achieved near BBS there but with irritation in that area. If anyone has any tips for that spot please share. Avidly chasing BBS [emoji23]
Chin area whiskers are the toughest.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave 35 of 365
Score 8/10

ARKO (mashed into a bowl)
Omega 10048
Muhle R101 (R41)
Muhle blade (6th use)

I want to love this soap (I actually like the scent). It lathers up a storm and performs very well but that post-shave feel is rather dry....
I like ARKO. It's a good, basic soap and the scent isn't off-putting to me like it is to some people. But I also know I get what I pay for.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Fantastic shave. I really like the beauty and weight of copper. 9/10.
Imagepipe_7.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur Feb 4th 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017>, upper mid range, Excellent slant when technique is dialed in, light touch with short to mid length strokes works for myself.
Blade : Gillette silver blue (3) excellent blade, sharp & Smooth + top tier for my favorites. longevity average.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Good post shave feel also.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic, excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips + good back bone for a nice scrub, paints lather great.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm (-21C, humidity 40 indoors)
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a GSB blade.

DE SOTD, Thur, Feb 4th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

20210203_074919.jpg

Razor: Schick M1 Dial Injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten :thumbup:

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb, chrome plated, with the two bumps on the baseplate
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (9)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Rating: 10

Perfect shave this afternoon on two days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No nicks, burning, or irritation. The Commodore brush continues to work great with the MWF soap, and I had way more lather today than needed - and it didn't dry out on my face. This razor/blade/brush/soap combo might be the perfect setup for me.

Back to a great full three-pass Thursday shave, 9.8/10- BBS, just a slight bit of irritation in the spots I messed up yesterday:

Pre-shave: shower, Stirling Unscented pre-shave oil, five drops in water
Razor: Feather SS razor
Blade: Feather Pro blade (5)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar, very dark blue handle- this brush is an odd duck. I picked it up during one of Yaqi's sales and when it first arrived it was shedding, quite a lot. I've continued to soak in tap water, palm lather, rinse and towel dry. Today it only lost one hair in a full on shave. Maybe it's stopped shedding.
Soap: Stirling Varen- dark, and earthy, great lather from their sheep base
Post-shave: rinse, alum, rinse, Master's Smokey Oud- earthy scent to complement the soap.

Have some great shaves!

PXL_20210204_175957015.jpg

- Shower w/ laToja Magno soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Cream: Proraso Red.
- Brush: Simpson's #58 Best Badger.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R3.
- Blade: Crystal (2).
- Aftershave: Captain's Choice splash in "Land Ho" scent. This is a sample vial.

Experience: I chose the shave cream because I am so far unable to whip up a decent lather using the Simpson's brush and cake soap. The lather today was great, though and the Crystal blade plowed through it and knocked my whiskers down to DCS level in two passes. The aftershave has my face feeling great if a bit on the fragrant side. Great shave.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Thursday morning shave

Razor: Joseph Allen & Sons
Brush: Boar
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood

Just a great shave, love the feel of this razor. The Omega boar is breaking in slowly, a fine brush and great value. Soap and splash just round out the whole experience.
Happy Thursday!

E214E956-D8B0-48BE-8BEE-A6808BF7918B.jpeg

9/10

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Spiffo Super badger
- Razor: 1952 Tech
- Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
- Soap: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea
- Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Good shave but the 3rd pass was a bit rough. I am rotating between dozens of different types of blades, so my fault that the Tech and Gillette PS aren’t a match made in shaving heaven.

First time trying Iced Tea and it is excellent but definitely a hot weather soap. It is very cooling. Weird scent (not iced tea!) but I like it. It smells like earthy Basil/lemon/mint. Wholly Kaw soaps are definitely an acquired taste as some are just goofy.

9/10

Incredibly smooth shave, want to use the same soap tomorrow evening when I use my Timeless Ti OC .95 Razor and see if it is just as smooth. If it is I will be on an 8 soap rotation instead of a 7.

Brush: Simpson’s Duke 2 Best, what a perfect brush

Blade: Personna Med Prep (1), wonderful blade, ordered a few Personna Lab Blues if they are just as good will buy those instead they are a 1/3 of the cost.

Razor: Timeless SS SC .68, using the shorter Ti Handle.

Soap: PdP No. 63, love the scent, lathers great, and leaves an incredibly slick surface, it rivals Ethos with it’s slickness, and in my opinion exceeds MDC in slickness.

That is why I want to see if tomorrow evening with a more aggressive Ti .95 OC if it is as smooth, if so I will not be eliminating any of my soaps, and No. 63 will be the first soap I have that I will buy the aftershave that compliments it.

I know this is real exciting to everyone, so stay tuned. 🤣🤣😂😂

Aftershave: Lucky Tiger 🐅

10/10 not a single spot of irritation, BBS

8721075D-BC58-4D5E-988E-1C8C40A6C58C.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Spiffo Super badger
- Razor: 1952 Tech
- Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
- Soap: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea
- Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Good shave but the 3rd pass was a bit rough. I am rotating between dozens of different types of blades, so my fault that the Tech and Gillette PS aren’t a match made in shaving heaven.

First time trying Iced Tea and it is excellent but definitely a hot weather soap. It is very cooling. Weird scent (not iced tea!) but I like it. It smells like earthy Basil/lemon/mint. Wholly Kaw soaps are definitely an acquired taste as some are just goofy.

9/10

Soap sounds kinda cool!

Soap sounds kinda cool!
Ha! I see what you did there.

It is very cooling on the face but doesn’t have the huge menthol hit on the nose. It is different for sure. My face feels like I just used Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo but I don’t smell like Vicks Vaporub.

In any case, it was on sale and thought I would give it a shot. Won’t be used again until the summer.

WK Denarius is up tomorrow for my first shave with it as well. 👍

Top Bottom