What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Mysterious Kai (3)
Brush West Coast Shaving 26mm Silvertip
Scuttle Georgetown Pottery G12 blue cribe
Cream DR Harris Windsor
AS DR Harris Windsor AS Milk
Cologne DR Harris Windsor

Rating: 9.5/10 Three Passes XTG, GTX and ATG I found a little bit of stubble left under my left ear.

Another excellent shave. I got to use my shave scuttle for the first time and it worked great. Warm lather for whole shave. I also got to use my new WCS Silvertip brush. It's a lot larger than I anticipated and seems to be a bit of a lather hog. The brush feels very dense which I feel helps with the soft silvertip hairs. Never the less it worked quite well using the Marco Method. The brush was very comfortable on my face. Once again I felt like there was an increase of efficiency over the Personna Red I was using the last two days that I spent out of town. No irritation, no weepers. Drama free blade/shave. Blade feels as smooth as the first shave. I think this might be the go to blade for the February one blade one month challenge.

View attachment 1214639
Great razor, the best.

Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: PdP. No. 63
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Synthetic it is my one and only synthetic and have not used it since December 5th when I was traveling. Very nice brush
Razor: Timeless .68 SS SB Scalloped
Lucky Tiger 🐅 aftershave

Very nice shave, shaved early in prep for an evening shave tomorrow using my Timeless .95 OC.

As so many have said that have recently acquired this wonderful razor it is perfection in motion, very smooth, and efficient.

10/10

F8AA85E6-B3E5-448A-B90D-2935B6744C71.jpeg

Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: PdP. No. 63
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Synthetic it is my one and only synthetic and have not used it since December 5th when I was traveling. Very nice brush
Razor: Timeless .68 SS SB Scalloped
Lucky Tiger 🐅 aftershave

Very nice shave, shaved early in prep for an evening shave tomorrow using my Timeless .95 OC.

As so many have said that have recently acquired this wonderful razor it is perfection in motion, very smooth, and efficient.

10/10

View attachment 1214813
How do you like that soap? I just unpackaged mine today, thinking of using it tomorrow. I think It will work best if I bloom it when I get into the shower so it will be soft enough to load onto my brush when I am ready for the shave.

How do you like that soap? I just unpackaged mine today, thinking of using it tomorrow. I think It will work best if I bloom it when I get into the shower so it will be soft enough to load onto my brush when I am ready for the shave.
It is pretty good, better than a lot of soaps, not quite as good as my Ethos or MDC. But soaps are very individual taste. Hope you love it, the fragrance is great, I will use it.

My Thursday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: T. The Aiku'M No. 60 - 6/8​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White – Fan​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Shaving Soap​
Aftershave Splash: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Aftershave Splash - Alcohol and Menthol Free​
Aftershave Balm: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Aftershave Balm​
9.9/10 DFS!

Fri 29th SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum 👍👍👍
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky👍👍👍
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb
Blade Astra Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Beautiful lather from the soap! Very nice scent, thick creamy, and slick too. Super nice soft brush!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good especially with the OC side whereas the SB side can bite! Made a new-user mistake when putting the SB on the cheek during the start of 1st pass and felt the bite...a half-inch line...hahaha😆
Otherwise, it was a smooth and comfortable shave for 3passes resulting in a mostly bbs to dfs result.
Rating 9/10
20210129_070905.jpg

20210129_074141.jpg

Prep: Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum Blade (D4)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-Band Badger
Cream : Hawkins and Brimble Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT AS Lotion
Rating : 9.75/10

Very comfortable and nice BBS in 3 passes !

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210128_212249~2.jpg

Razor: Yates Stonewashed Stainless 921-H
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Lime Swirl (Shavemac D01 2-Band Badger))
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TOBS Grapefruit
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk EdC

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Very nice shave. :cool:

Soap: Proraso Red soap
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Astra SP (6th shave)
AS: Proraso Red

one red dot at left side of my throat. Never had that before (usually, they're on the right side). Result of experimenting with my ATG technique.

score: 7

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- Truefitt & Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- Saponificio Bignoli Indian Sandalwood (Sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Aftershave Balm (sample)
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (3)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 9/10
First time using the T&H Pre-shave oil this morning and I quite liked it (I got it as a freebie when I ordered a couple tube's of cream in a sale so its high cost hasn't affected my thoughts on it yet). It has a very nice scent to it (orange came through a lot this morning), my face felt nice and hydrated from it and the shave seemed to have an extra touch of slickness (although that could be a coincidence). The Saponificio Bignoli cream provided another excellent lather and I should have enough left for one more shave with it at the weekend.

Overall a nice pleasant Friday morning shave, close enough for me (I never attempt to get a BBS) and irritation or feedback from the Alum Block.

Top Bottom