What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

1611503470986.jpeg

Brush: Oumo 24mm Manchurian SHD
Soap: Ariana & Evans - Kaisen
Razor: Razorock MJ-90A
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

10/10: Outstanding. Does anyone else feel that not every scent in the same base is created equal in terms of post-shave? Something about Asian Plum always leaves me in a slightly better place than my other A&E/The Club soaps.

Second attempt at Arko and Success !

I applied Arko stick properly and used my trusty 22mm long handle synthetic brush for face lathering.
I spent good 3 minutes just enjoying the painting motion in face lathering before even trying to agitate the lather.

Alum rub at the end of the shave did highlight a spot under my jawline, buy it was my overzealous mistake of repeating razor stroke.

Arko is SLICK.

Razor : RazoRock Game Changer OC 84
Blade : Laser Ultra (1)
Brush : 22mm Long handle Synthetic
Stick : Arko
Aftershave : Alum rub, Anherb ASC

Shave : BBS Confirm
Rating : 8/10

IMG_20210124_204529.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Jan 24th 2021

Razor: Stick Schick L type theme series- MFG 1973, Mild razor, need 3 passes with a single edge blade. Twin II blades works well.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent injector blade, Very sharp smooths out nicely with great longevity. Works good on mild injector razors IMO.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice barber shop scent, excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26 mm, excellent lathering creator, heavenly soft brushes, gentler scrub & excellent lather painter. :thumbup:
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 8.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:thumbup: great shave with my Stick Schick + a Personna injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 24th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210123_091240.jpg

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
:jump:

Razor: ES Outlaw
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi Synthetic 28mm
Soap: Palmolive cream
Rating: 10

A super close and long lasting BBS with the Outlaw. Palmolive cream is a brilliant value for money product as is La Toja splash.

Razor Timeless SS .68 Safety Bar
Blade Mysterious Kai (1)
Brush Yaqi Violet Blue Synthetic 24mm
Soap La Toja Stick
Tonic Lucky Tiger
A/S Pinaud Clubman

Shave 3 passes -BBS 9.5/10
First pass was XTG and smooth. No roughness at all. Second pass was XTG in the other direction. Also very smooth and comfortable. A quick feel with my fingers revealed a surprising increase in efficiency. To be honest I almost stopped right there with a CCS -DFS result There was a small amount of stubble left but much less than I normally find at this point in my shave. But I do enjoy a BBS shave so I did my typical ATG third pass. Again the shave felt very comfortable. A check at the time with my fingers told me I had BBS. I rinsed my face with cold water and towel dried it. I splashed on some Lucky Tiger and after a few minutes followed with the Clubman. There was some slight stinging in two spots where I had a little lingering irritation from the previous days shave. A check again 30 minutes later on dry skin revealed a tiny bit of stubble in one spot that remained, spoiling a perfect BBS. My thoughts after this first shave are that there was a noticeable increase in efficiency as I normally do 4 passes or 3 passes with enough touchups to qualify as 4 passes to get to BBS. I have old man tough gray whiskers. I am really interested to see if this perceived increase in efficiency holds up through the test.

Kai 1.jpg

Realized today that I had never tried a Feather blade in my Timeless .68 , so I did.
I did it partly because I wanted to shave earlier today so that tomorrow evening when my
Ti .95 OC base arrives I will have more hair growth.

Hot Towel

SV Cubebe great lather, slickness and fragrance had not gotten back to it in awhile.

I have now posted a rotation of soaps on my cabinet door, currently at 8 soaps want to get it back down to at least 7, one for each day of the week.

Feather blade (1)

Simpson’s M7 Best Brush, this brush in best reminds of my Chubby 2 Super that I sold, just not quite as big and I like the longer handle.

Timeless SS Scalloped .68 used the 14x100mm handle, I think with the heavier SS head I like the longer heavier SS handle.

No after shave Balm the SV left my skin moist enough.

My face is BBS probably not quite as efficient as using the. .95 , but that is what I was looking for

9/10
1C5068ED-2A6F-4C38-BDB9-524E2725F343.jpeg

Razor: Boker Carbon
Soap & AS: NO - The Noir Et Vanille
Brush: C-Mon 77-5
Rating: 10/10

Good morning gents! Awesome shave this morning. I sent my Boker to Max Sprecher a couple of weeks ago. I have been honing for a good year now and wanted to compare the edges I have been getting to someone’s edge that is well respected in the community..Well looks like I have some more work to do. The hone on this razor is the perfect balance for me of sharpness and smoothness. The ILR has been excellent but looks like I am open to a great Jnat stone in 2021. The hunt continues!!

92FF3E74-30C4-45EC-9E2E-33855FF30852.jpeg

Razor: Schick Injector G5 (turquoise)
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Yaqi - Mountain Lake (Caravel Arctic)
Pre-Shave: Face Wash & Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Purely Skinful - Sweet Cherry Pie
Aftershave: Clubman - Brandy Spice
2564F0C1-A0E4-4793-94DF-1F9286F7F27B.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Two pass BBS...easy as ”Sweet Cherry Pie”
The header says it all. An unbelievable two pass shave with no need for touch ups. These Schicks are the only ones that can take those tough patches under the lower lip down to bare smooth skin as easily as kiss my hand. That “soul patch” area. (God I hate that name!) I usually have to scrape away at those tough little buggers, but these Schick injectors seem to be able to eradicate theme like lasers. I can rub that area with my fingers afterwards and not be able to find one hint a whisker ever lived there.

I got a little confused in my Schick shave inventory, so I have no idea how many shaves on that blade or if it’s a Schick or a Personna. Damn amazing though!

The Sweet Cherry Pie was skinfully delicious and the brush super soft. I scrub my face in the shower beforehand with a facial cleanser and horsehair facial brush, so I’m all exfoliated and can enjoy painting my lather with a tender soft tip brush.

Keep Your Nose on your Eye (Pablo Picasso)

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20210124
20210124_115413~2.jpg

Razor: Ikon B1 Standard
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TOBS Grapefruit
Aftershave: Italian Barber Amici

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Excellent kit = excellent shave! :cool:

Preshave - Grooming Department
Soap - DR Harris Arlington
Brush - Kent BK8 Silvertip
Razor - WR1 .61 SB
Blade - GSB
Postshave - Arlington aftershave & cologne

Just about perfect. I have used the DR Harris soap for a while as I rotate though artisanal brands. It gave me a fabulous shave. I know it is sometimes said that DRH's quality has slipped but this was a great shave -- lathered easily, a pleasant cushion, plenty of slickness, and a soft post-shave feel. Perhaps the GD pre-shave helped but for what ever reason this was completely smooth and satisfying. 10/10
2021.01.24 - WR1 Kent DRH Arlington.jpeg

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: Arko
Razor: Gold Dollar
Brush: Omega 10077
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal

Straight shave #5. Slowly whittling down the technique for my problem areas. Each shave is an improvement. No cuts, nicks, or irritation. Zero aftershave burn. 3 full passes, and went XTG on both my cheeks. Even did some cleanup on my chin. Very happy with my progress so far.

9/10

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8 Full Hollow Spanish Point​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele - 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, chamomile, shea butter, vitamin E​
9.2/10 A very close shave!
  • One nick and one cut. Both disappeared with my rinse

Slacking off here.

Two shaves with the same results.

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2) & (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Very good shave. Very close, smooth and pleasant shave. Good razor and good blade.

YMMV

Micromatic Mon 25th WAFH SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 9th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent lather from the soap! A nice cooling orangy scent, creamy and slick too...love this soap!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good! Unimaginably smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs/ccs result! Excellent post & aftershaves too.
Wow indeed for this blade... today's lead is the razor/blade pairing...so enjoyable. Rating 9.8/10
20210125_095047.jpg

Top Bottom