What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

48-hour beard

Vintage Hoffritz Slant / Rapira Super Stainless blade (2)

Tabac in stick form

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

No shower this am, so I washed my face and throat in very warm water, left the lower part of my face wet, and spread a little Assured lotion all over for further softening of the bristles. A bit of Tabac as a pre-shave, then applied the stick, face-lathered, and wielded the Hoffritz after my 3 minutes' wait. WTG, very smooth, especially on the cheeks; ATG for pass 2 everywhere; then XTG on throat only, plus cleanup pass. Darn near BBS, no irritation or nicks. I love my Personna blades and Feathers, but the Rapira works well in this razor for sure.

Verdict: 9.7.

16 January 2021
DSCF2405.JPG

Prep:
Pear Soap applied with my old Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Shark Blade#5 shave #4 (Hints of dulling)
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud √ Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
9.5 DFS+ Today’s shave yielded minimal stubble, but no nicks or weepers. Today the LOTH and I are going down to Waco to tour the facility Chip and Joanna Gaines use for their TV show about rebuilding homes. Hope to check out some local merchants for shaving supplies.

3rd Quarantine Shave

Pre-shave: Hot washcloth/PAA The Cube
Razor: 1907 Single Ring
Blade: 7a.m. Plus Platinum
Brush: PAA The Green Ray with Tribble knot
Soap: PAA Diver Down (4)
Bowl/Mug: 3D shave bowl
Post Shave: Sea Breeze/PAA Mysterium Serum
AS: PAA Diver Down

48ish hours of growth
As you can tell from the list of items used, I am recovering my sense of smell!!! Started getting it back last night, and it's not all there yet, so I decided a scent rich shave was in order to celebrate!! And Diver Down was the perfect scent to go to, and it's the 15th, and it's soap #15 in rotation...
After the great shave from my Goodwill, I decided to slap the 7a.m. Plus in another open comb and see how it worked, and it was another super close shave! I did get a little weeper on my cheek, and a few red dots, but it was a DFS+ shave!

My quarantine ends Tuesday morning.

No nicks: 4.8
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 4.9
Smoothness: 5
Total rating: 9.85

View attachment 1209043
Glad to hear you are getting better and shaving well too...

Razor: Parker 65R
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Green (2)
Brush: RazoRock 24 Barrel

Soap:Marke Gold Dache

Canoe Aftershave Splash

Three smooth and efficient passes to an excellent finish.
10/10

Have a great day everyone [emoji2]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

16012021 - Birthday Shave

IMG_20210116_142950.jpg

Proraso Pre White | Yaqi Lucky Dice | Stirling Noir Soap | Merkur Progress + Voskhod | Aloe Vera gel | Stirling Noir A S

I let the stubble grow for 72h to have a top shave. I'm turning 30 and I thought a lucky dice for the Progress would have been a nice touch ahah :D

3 passes + touch-ups, super bbs

9.5/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Brush: Maggards synthetic
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS SB LvL2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

Day two with the Charcoal Goods SS SB LvL2...another great shave. Certainly didn't seem too close nor did it cause any issues, no blood at all. Face is very smooth. So far, so good. Three more days to go before I make a decision as to whether or not this razor could be my daily driver. Personna Lab Blue felt even better today than it did yesterday. Brings up an interesting topic though, perhaps for a separate thread: "Can you learn to shave daily with a razor you thought was too aggressive to be used daily?"

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210116.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai Protouch
Brush: Zenith Kotibe Silvertip
Cream: Saint James of London Sandalwood and Bergamont
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent three pass BBS shave. No weepers, no irritation and no cuts. Excellent Shave! Went for a change of pace today and results did not disappoint!

Soap: Arko
Razor: Rolls
Brush: Omega
Aftershave: Stirling Duke

Finally got around to trying out one of the Rolls Razors that my dad picked up. He keeps buying them, which is great because I get to play with them. It was also my first time honing anything in probably a decade. Did my research though and got a pretty decent shave this morning with it, which was surprising and a lot of fun. Happy I didn't ruin the blade since these are antiques. No nicks or irritation, and did not reopen any of my nicks from my GEM blade fiasco the past few days.

The blade seemed a little tuggy around the chin and other hard areas but it was probably mostly technique, and my lack of a proper finishing stone. Looking forward to practicing with this beast.

Slight Chance of Rain Saturday Shave:
Gillette Tech pre-war model + Super Knurl handle
Feather (3)
PAA Starcraft synth brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Provence Santé Verlaine shaving soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Quorum Silver aftershave splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

ps-shave-4.png

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021, Just received my new 2nd generation Razorock Lupo .72 razor & thought it would be nice to give it a test. I like to just do a 2 pass shave with pick ups with a mid range razor with my standard blade for testing is a Gillette Astra SP (1). The razor is nice to hold and is a impressive looking but how does it shave?
For the first shave it did a excellent job with just a standard Gillette blade and results hit my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS so I'm a happy camper. Alum block never lies and it really did not register much of anything either. So to me it is a Excellent razor for 1st impressions!

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72 , SS- MFG 2021, mid range and built very well and not over aggressive with a low head profile that will appeal to some. Great DE razor for upper lip area. Very impressive Great razor IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (1) A real good blade, Sharp & smooth and use it for testing any new DE razor(my Standard) to gauge performance. Good longevity also.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream- nice scent and excellent lather qualities, good bargain at Fendrihan.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm knot- Excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud soft tips with some back bone for scrub & lather painting.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Alum indicated not much at all = :thumbup:
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Generation Lupo + Astra SP blade.
SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

16012021 - Birthday Shave

View attachment 1209300

Proraso Pre White | Yaqi Lucky Dice | Stirling Noir Soap | Merkur Progress + Voskhod | Aloe Vera gel | Stirling Noir A S

I let the stubble grow for 72h to have a top shave. I'm turning 30 and I thought a lucky dice for the Progress would have been a nice touch ahah :D

3 passes + touch-ups, super bbs

9.5/10
Happy birthday

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

PSX_20210115_085305.jpg

Razor: Gillette The New Short Comb
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care: