What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

9.5/10
TOBS Sandalwood
AP Shaveco 24mm Cashmere
Muhle R103
ASCO (4th use)
TOBS Sandalwood AS

Almost a flawless shave today.

IMG_20210113_083344544.jpg

24-hour beard (I woke up early and had some time before I could go work out, so, why not)

Gillette '53 Super Speed/ Feather blade (2)

Arko (again!) in stick form

AP Shave Co. synth brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Yesterday I popped the Arko stick into a former pharmacy pill bottle, which makes it a bit easier to handle. Washed my face, applied a little Arko as a pre-shave, then face-lathered with the damp brush. While it is not my favorite razor -- that handle is just too small! -- the Super Speed and its Feather ammo sliced through the minimal growth on my face without trouble. One pass WTG everywhere, then a second ATG and a little cleanup XTG on the throat only, and done. And you know, the Arko scent is actually quite pleasant on top of its performance.

Verdict: 9.5.

Razor: Parker 65R
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Semogue 1305 Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Soap: Stirling PIACENZA

Corn Huskers Lotion
RazoRock Emperor Aftershave Splash

9n9/10

The shave itself was excellent but I had a rash on my neck last night . I washed it again with cold water and it helped. This morning immediately after the post shave my neck broke out again. I've taken a couple of benadryl and hoping that helps before I go to morning prayer.

Have a great day everyone [emoji2]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

J.R. Torrey Co.
WK Chypre Rose Concerto
Semogue 1305
Tony Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
WK Chypre Rose Concerto AS splash

20210112_103512.jpg

2nd day of COVID quarantine. this razor is a puzzler and kinda ticks/honks me off. mass produced American blade. No exaggeration, I would put this specific razors blade and edge up against any of the fine razors in my stable.......and that's saying a lot.
be well all. hanging on........ and hanging in there with Faith.
camo
Take care and best wishes...hopefully with all your super-sharp razors, no virus will consider entering...

Today's shave:

Pre:
Warm water splashes
Razor: Gillette Tech NDC
Blade: KCG (5)
Brush: Duke 2 best
Soap: B&M Diamond
AS: B&M Diamond splash

Rating: 10/10

We have warm water back on the ship so I got to prep my face and soak the brush properly. The whole shave was wonderful! The Duke is getting broken in and it just exploded with lather today more than I've ever seen and no signs of funk remaining. The B&M products performed great! 0 nicks or cuts, minimal feedback from the splash. Maybe 3 more lathers from the Diamond(almost done!) and I'll give a good review of it once it's on the last lather.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: Zingari Man The Nomad
Brush: Maggards synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass OC (Plate B)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (German) - (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: WSP Bay Rum

Although extremely happy with the performance of the Derby Premium in the Karve OC, I decided to forge ahead and try another of the blades in my stable. I'm glad I did. The Wilkinson Sword felt better than the Derby Premium. At least now I know that I have two blades that work very well in this great razor. Will be interesting to see how it feels on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th shaves. Hoping for good things. DFS/BBS...no blood or injuries to report. The Nomad had my face feeling very soft and smooth after the shave. I dialed it in pretty good this morning, blooming it first and then pouring the bloom water off into the lathering bowl. There was a good amount of water in the bowl when I began building lather and I think the Sego base soap liked that very much. Hit it with water a few times and it exploded with quality lather. This was a top tier shave.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210113.jpg

13 January 2021
DSCF2401.JPG

Prep:
Pear Soap applied with my old Omega 11126 brush New container with brush.
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Shark Blade#5 shave #1
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
10.0 BBS A perfect shave, with no stubble at all, along with no nicks or weepers. From a shopping trip to Container Store, I now have a new container for the Pears Soap, and began using small bottles for my Witch Hazel and Pinaud Clubman A/S.

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: West Coast Shaving Beacon Silvertip
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent three pass BBS shave. One weeper (my fault) on chin cured with one dab of Alum Stick, no irritation and no cuts. Excellent Shave! My first shave with the Genesis. In comparison to the Core and Hybrid, it is the most aggressive of the three. Technique is the same and it seems to give a smoother shave than the other two which could be my imagination.

IMG_1133.JPG

A hot shower
Blade: Nacet
Razor : Fendrihan SS PVD
Brush: Je&Co Badger (the 8 dollar one)
Soap: TOBS Cedarwood
Rating 9.5

A very good shave, that cheap brush is not soft, but, it whips up lather well, and is good and scrubby on the face. The razor is...well...different...it has crazy blade exposure, but, the head torques the blade a lot, so it doesn't chatter, I always get a good shave with it, as long as I have the time to pay attention!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wed, Jan 13th, 2021

Razor: Kai style AC folding shavette- MFG 2018? Well made for a Zamic razor, easy to clean and manipulate with the right blade.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard (2)- excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity and forgiving with the guard. I do not feel threatened by inexperience.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild nice scent with excellent lather qualities and good post shave. I enjoy this soap very much.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice with 26mm tuxedo knot- big beautiful lather creator with cloud like soft tips with good scrub and for painting lather.
Pre- shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + Sandal wood :thumbsup: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS, BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Kai AC style shavette + Kai Protouch blade.

SOTD, Wed, Jan 13th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom