What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Thu 3rd SOTD
Cream Suezbana Lemon & TeaTree
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent uplifting scent from the soap during lathering.Reasonable slickness.
Shave with this awesome razor/plate paired with the blade was just ok smoothness/comfort (perhaps the blade 4th use is the limit for me) but still efficient after 3 multiple passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result.
Excellent post & aftershaves.
Rating 9.7/10
View attachment 1189739
Do you have a guide or any specific posts where you detail how you make your lather like that? Looks really nice.

cold water shave, 3 passes + touch-ups on 48h growth. BBS with a very light rash in the most troubling spot on my neck, which is a given for me if I'm chasing that closeness

I used the complete Proraso Azur Lime line (not very autumn-y but what the hell ahah, not going out anyways)

Pre: a hot shower and Proraso pre Azur Lime
Brush: Simpsons Colonel X2L
Lather: Proraso Azur Lime
Razor: Muhle R41 + Rapira Platinum Lux (1) (a bit tuggy, perhaps should have used a sharper blade?)

I love this scent even though I always have some troubles understanding the cream, it gets very airy at the beginning and I really have to work the water in. Maybe it's just my bad technique? With some work tho you do get a nice and performant lather.
The aftershave balm is great: the scent is lovely, a light citrus and mint fragrance that doesn't send you into olfactive blackout but stays fresh and clean. It's not greasy at all like other balms but gets absorbed by the skin in less than 15 minutes, soothing any sore spot the razor might have left behind.

All in all, great shave.

9/10

Thurs shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
Tabac
Brush
B&B LE 2014 with Shavemac D01 two band knot by Rudy Vey
Razor
Gillette Red Tip
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.

Pre-shave:-
Argan Oil liquid soap

Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Cella
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Shark
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

I am a big fan of Cella, a simple shaving cream that behaves like a soap, it lasts for a very long time and works well.

10/10

thursday2.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Birthday Shave with New Birthday Razor
Semogue Owners Club w/ Stirling Ozark Mountain
Timeless Ti .68 Scalloped w/ Astra SP (1)
Alum and Stirling Haverford Balm
9/10
First shave with the Timeless Ti and it is exactly what I was hoping for. Super comfortable shave. The intention for this razor is to be my daily driver, but on this first shave I actually had a few days growth, which this mild razor dealt with well. I am dinging one point because this is not the closest shave I have had but was otherwise perfect. The real test will be on day 3 or more of consecutive shaves, but I have a lot of confidence in this razor based on my initial experience.
View attachment 1189766
:happybday: & many more! Nice looking razor by the way.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Dec3rd 2020

Razor: Star Bar #4 lather catcher(Kampfe brothers Brooklyn Ny)- Mfg- 1920, excellent lather catcher, Excellent daily driver, mid range< , One of the best razors of all my razors vintage & modern. Star brand=Kampfe brothers first safety razor Mfg in USA.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp with great longevity and predictable & smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent and excellent lather qualities when loaded properly.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm- 1st use. Excellent knot for myself, gentle scrub with heavenly cloud like soft tips. It is a nice brush for a daily shaver like myself IMO.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my 1920 Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.

SE SOTD, Thur, Dec3rd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Pre Shave: Warm shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap Face Wash, Proraso Green Pre Shave
Razor: Brass Karve SB B Plate
Blade: Personna Israeli Red
Brush: Stirling High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Post Shave: Alum Stick, Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.25/10 Descent two pass BBS shave, minimal buffing on chin some stubble left on neck. Five weepers, no irritation and no cuts. An efficient shave, but frustrated that opened up prior weepers from the last couple days. May just need to go to my tried and true Timeless Ti until I get healed up.

It was an Executive Man kind of day today.

9.5/10

imageedit_3_3870878719.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot shower and Neutrogena face wash
Razor: Merkur Clone
Blade: Israeli Viking Sword (7)
Brush: Fine Synthetic
Balm: Nivea
Splash: Stirling Executive Man
EDT: Stirling Executive Man
Beard Oil: Stirling Executive Man

(I used Executive Man bath bar and Shampoo bar as well.)

Last edited:
Do you have a guide or any specific posts where you detail how you make your lather like that? Looks really nice.
Hey, thanks Sir, for your very kind words. You can refer to my post #1058 at the Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather thread. Sort of a very short pictorial guide...nothing fancy nor skillful :D I just love to spend more time with the nice lather...and prolong my precious once in a day shave time...

Hey, thanks Sir, for your very kind words. You can refer to my post #1058 at the Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather thread. Sort of a very short pictorial guide...nothing fancy nor skillful :D I just love to spend more time with the nice lather...and prolong my precious once in a day shave time...
Happy Birthday at the same time and you have a very nice razor for the birthday shave..Congrats!!

1607012119102.jpeg

Brush: Chisel & Hound / 26mm Declaration Grooming B10
Soap: Declaration Grooming - Convergence
Razor: Rockwell 6C/ R4
Blade: Voskhod

10/10: There’s something about the ebb and flow, but the day after a Mach 3 shave is typically amazing. This is no different. I like this scent, and for some reason it’s giving me an even better post-shave than other Milksteak options.

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector on 3.5
Blade: Schick "Chick" Injector
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian
Post Shave: Stypic Pencil, Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.25/10 Descent two pass BBS shave, minimal buffing on chin. Five weepers, minimal irritation and no cuts. An efficient shave, but didn't work as well as I thought it would. Moved down to 3.5 and although efficient, not happy with the weepers and irritation. Tomorrow moving back to the original blades that came with the Parker. While not as sharp, they are smoother.
Simply love ❤️ my Zenith 505A Manchurian, May buy another soon

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: 7 O'clock SS
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Aftershave: Aqua velva
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Was itching for some sandalwood in my life. Finally getting the hang of water management with this gigantic brush of mine, which has been a deterrent. Ended up with a great lather, and the perfect amount. It either comes out too watery, or I get WAY too much. Aqua Velva was a nice touch at the end.

10/10. No nicks or irritation.

Today’s shave

Razor:
Feather AS-D2
Blade: Nacet (7)
Brush: Zenith B2
Soap: B&M Reserve Fern
AS: B&M Reserve Fern

Rating: 9.8/10.

Had some extra time at work this morning so I pulled out the soap instead of the cream. Was very quickly reminded of how luxurious and wonderful the reserve base is. It really is a world of difference from the Nivea and Proraso cream in the tubes. I face lathered instead of in the bowl as I wanted to see how the Zenith would do and the results would have me believe it is fully broken in! It only took two months of 5/7 days a week shaving! I think I'll take it home and switch it out with my SOC so I can get that one fully broken in. The SOC was great from the very first time (very much unlike the stubborn B2) so I'm really hoping it just becomes the GOAT!

Extremely slick and smooth shave. The AS-D2 never disappoints. I did notice a little tug on my chin area so it seems like the Nacets are going to be good for 7-8 nice shaves before replacing. before this I never felt the blade on the other 6 shaves. Most likely ordering a lot more!

Finished it off with the matching aftershave and there was very little feedback. I'm still getting faint whiffs 5 hours later and my mask smells wonderful!

Happy shaves!

Razor: Rockwell - 6S (black)
Blade: Lord - New Platinum (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Carrot Handle Synthetic(26mm)
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber (silk tallow base)
Aftershave: Chiseled Face - Cedar & Spice
C9E30C34-6142-4E8E-82B8-AA4710F22E03.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Served With a Smile...a Happy Day and a Happy Shave
I had today’s shave gear set up yesterday. I didn’t want to test any new theories or historic blades, I just wanted to have a carefree shave.
How could I go wrong with this shave lineup? My Rockwell 6S on plate 4 with one of my personal favorite Lord blades. Wonderful perfect bowl of Chiseled Face lather....mmmm thick and delicious.
After I obtained an effortless BBS I finished it off with the manliest of manly scents...Cedar & Spice. I love it. True Cedar forward scent. Post shave face feels fresh and alive with no extraneous product feeling.

Oddly enough, the thing I was really looking forward to with this shave was the brush. I know, its only an inexpensive synthetic, but it speaks to me, both tacitly and visually. To me, the grip makes me feel like Arthur pulling Excalibur from the stone. I’m also attracted to bi colour handles. The lathering in the bowl and on my face was everything I could want.
I actually ordered some more of this model (different colours) and a handle blank with a different knot. This will be my first attempt at customizing a brush. If it works out, I may create a whole army of this handle with all different knot types.
Oops. Sorry for rambling, but I’m really happy today.

Be Safe...Be Happy

Pre-shave: Hot towel and Proraso Sensitive skin
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Bowl: Used the homemade bowl and cover my wife made for me to keep my brush warm between lathers
Post-shave: Proraso Sensitive skin, Black Jack Cooling Gel, Nivea Sensitive Skin, and Pinaud after shave lotion

10/10

Side Note: This is the second Simpson’s Chubby 2 Synthetic brush I have bought, sent the first one back because it was to difficult to splay, I am keeping this one it splays much more easily.
1AF4CC0F-D9F3-47E4-90A8-DE71EEAB230B.jpeg
07E96719-2D32-4292-BB4B-64E322AE7118.jpeg
79A80211-7615-43FD-B613-FE71C561818D.jpeg

Last edited:
Razor: Rockwell - 6S (black)
Blade: Lord - New Platinum (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Carrot Handle Synthetic(26mm)
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber (silk tallow base)
Aftershave: Chiseled Face - Cedar & Spice
View attachment 1189952
Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Served With a Smile...a Happy Day and a Happy Shave
I had today’s shave gear set up yesterday. I didn’t want to test any new theories or historic blades, I just wanted to have a carefree shave.
How could I go wrong with this shave lineup? My Rockwell 6S on plate 4 with one of my personal favorite Lord blades. Wonderful perfect bowl of Chiseled Face lather....mmmm thick and delicious.
After I obtained an effortless BBS I finished it off with the manliest of manly scents...Cedar & Spice. I love it. True Cedar forward scent. Post shave face feels fresh and alive with no extraneous product feeling.

Oddly enough, the thing I was really looking forward to with this shave was the brush. I know, its only an inexpensive synthetic, but it speaks to me, both tacitly and visually. To me, the grip makes me feel like Arthur pulling Excalibur from the stone. I’m also attracted to bi colour handles. The lathering in the bowl and on my face was everything I could want.
I actually ordered some more of this model (different colours) and a handle blank with a different knot. This will be my first attempt at customizing a brush. If it works out, I may create a whole army of this handle with all different knot types.
Oops. Sorry for rambling, but I’m really happy today.

Be Safe...Be Happy
👍👍👍

Top Bottom