What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

If you want a little more blade feel try a KAI SS because they are wider than a standard blade, .009" wider, sharp & smooth also.
I find them a excellent blade with great longevity also. Food for thought expression.
Thank you, I have some Kai blades in the collection and will try them at some point with the ASD2.

If you want a little more blade feel try a KAI SS because they are wider than a standard blade, .009" wider, sharp & smooth also.
I find them a excellent blade with great longevity also. Food for thought expression.
Do you honestly notice any difference? I use a lot of KAIs and don’t notice any difference in blade width whatsoever. They remind me of Feathers but a bit smoother and they do last longer.

I see this tiny blade width difference mentioned all the time on B&B. The difference is just over 1/5th of a mm or the width of 2-3 human hairs. Not enough IMO for most wet shavers to even notice.

YMMV...

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Sunday morning shave

Razor: Dovo Stainless
Brush: Boar
Soap: Cella

A very respectable Sunday morning shave. Hit freezing overnight and the old house has taken on a chill this morning. Perfect for a bracing cold water shave. Winter is coming....

EF33EFCB-2D70-40CB-A6A9-13996D8AC391.jpeg

9/10

I bought the EJ 3one6 am getting great shaves using a Polsilver , once I am really confident in my shaving technique I am planning on trying my Feather & Kia blades.
Enjoy your AS-D2 I hear it is a great razor!
Thank you. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the 316. I have looked at it but on researching reviews, I thought it would probably be a little too aggressive. Or put it another, I can reach that level with some of my adjustables or the R41. :)

I took a couple of photographs of the ASD2 in the sun today. The engineering is superb.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion No.2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Bath House Cuban Cedar & Lime

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- L'Occitane Eau De Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette 58 TV Special Super Speed
- GSB (3)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Second time using the Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap. Really liking the scent of this soap and it lathered easily again with a boar brush. I added a bit more water than last time which seemed to improve the slickness of it.
Overall a nice two pass shave with no irritation or feedback from the alum block.

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller​
Two pass shave: WTG, AGT/XTG​
Razor: Buck Salient SR by Caleb Cooper - Matte Black G10​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​
Rating: 9.2/10 Very close even shave! No irritation! A couple of nicks....
  • This razor was dragging a little yesterday, so I gave it a paste stropping treatment. Much smoother today
  • Kind of a high score for a couple of nicks, but it was still an enjoyable close even shave
    • One nick was because I changed my process a little and paid for it on my Adams apple
    • The other one was under my nose, a former SR trouble area, but I have not had this issue there for literally months
  • This brush was a little too wet
    • I have recently been experimenting with the "Marco" lathering method, but ironically I was not using it today and squeezed the water out of the brush after soaking.....

Last edited:
I have recently been experimenting with the "Marco" lathering method, but ironically I was not using it today and squeezed the water out of the brush after soaking.....
I too tried the Marco method the other day. The boar was new and the soap was untried. I also found I had way too much water. I think the Marco method is probably very good once you find a brush and soap that like the Marco method.

I bought the EJ 3one6 am getting great shaves using a Polsilver , once I am really confident in my shaving technique I am planning on trying my Feather & Kia blades.
Enjoy your AS-D2 I hear it is a great razor!
I like my 3ONE6. I don’t get why the DE89 fans have not embraced it. I have used Feathers and Gillette Silver Blues with great results. Enjoy!!!

Razor: GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip Flying Wing with Guiding Eye
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (8)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic
Soap: Stirling Coniferous
Rating: 9.5

Sunday night shave after a day and a half of growth. Near BBS (only some post-shave ATG stubble felt under the lower lip) after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, but a very comfortable shave with no nicks, cuts, or irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #14
Single Edge Sunday
20201025_134702~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Aftershave: Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba
Cologne: European Perfumes Tobacco Vanilla EdP Spray

WTG/ATG/XTG + touch-ups. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Wow! Outstanding kit! Outstanding shave! :)

Sun 25th #8TabacOCtober#20 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette Winner #2
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Excellent lather as usual.
Excellent shave with razor paired with blade. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes. Between bbs and dfs.
No issues because did not chase for perfection...
Excellent post & aftershave. All in an excellent shave! Rating 9.8/10
View attachment 1173357

Is that Eric Estrada on the tuck???

Is that Eric Estrada on the tuck???

Hi and thanks for asking. No, it is not Eric Estrada on the tuck but rather the Indian cricket star Sachin Tendulkar.
There's a thread here regarding this blade....quite a good blade for me...YMMV

Δευτέρα! Άγιου Δημήτρη Μυροβλήτη. Προ-παραμονή αργίας.

Razor :Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade : Crystal Super+ Platinum.
Soap : Saponificio Varesino / Manna di Sicily.
Brush : Simpson's, Polo8 Super.

WTG=>XTG=>ATG=> BBS 10.0/10.0. Perfect shave. Blackland Blackbird, makes all fifference.

Mon 26 GEM SE SOTD
Soap Suezbana Lemon & TeaTree
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Really nice lather. Love the scent.....performance is good too.
Shave with this razor and blade is getting better and better. Blade is way smoother now....amazing! Smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. Now I understand what many have been saying about this GEM blades...wow indeed.
Excellent post & aftershave.
Rating 9.5/10
20201025_205351.jpg

20201026_104158.jpg

Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co.
B&M Hallows
Rubberset
Miller Strop
Jasper Finish
B&M Hallows AS Balm
20201026_055438.jpg

Used a locally "in the wild" found piece this morn. beauty of a razor that holds a wicked edge. hollows out to a very fine thin blade. closest grind that even comes close to this is the little revisor I have.

be well all.

camo

Top Bottom