What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Gillette New Type LC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (0)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2
Lather: Speick
Result: 10/10

2 x XTG to a very smooth DFS. Been on a Simpsons kick lately, and I think I may found the perfect knot geometry, size and handle for my face-lathering needs. It was a little scritchy on its first use, but this little brush holds tons of water, makes tons of lather quickly, has just the right circumference, and paints very well without hogging lather whatsoever. A thin bit of stick film gave me 2 perfect passes with plenty left over for touch-ups in no time at all. The razor, blade, and soap are the usual rockstars. Great shave day.

As a side note, I have been taking my razor apart and cleaning it with Ivory soap and an old toothbrush after every shave. This brass razor has been used roughly 10 times since cleaning and polishing it with Flitz, and it is showing no sign of patina whatsoever. Love me some brass!

View attachment 1169960
I agree with you on the Commodore X2. It is one of my favorite brushes.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: Crystal Super+Platinum (2)
Brush: Yaqi synthetic 28mm
Soap: Signature Caledonia - Lime & Lavender
Rating: 10

A superb BBS result and zero irritation to boot. I'm posting this 18 hours after the shave and there's only a hint of returning stubble, I love how long the shave lasts with this razor.

Sun 18 OCtober#14 SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge #4
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice citrusy lemony lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with blade was just acceptable smoothness and comfort. Just complete a 2.5pass for a DFS+ result with 1 nick. Excellent post & aftershave. Rating 8.5/10
20201018_142659.jpg

Daily Shave: 17 October 2020

DSCF2291.JPG

Prep:
Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Viking uber lather using distilled water
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Gillette Nacet / Blade #3 / Shave #4
Passes:
2 (WTG & ATG) minimal buffing
Witch Hazel wipe down / Pinaud Clubman A/S / Viking Shave balm
Rating:
9.5 DFS+ A nice basic shave for a Sunday morning. Some stubble, no weepers, but one chin nick due to my clumsiness.

Razor: Razorock Mamba 53
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Organic

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

No nicks. No irritation. Very close and very smooth.

Rating: 10/10

Razor: Captain Kai clone
Blade: No name clone blade (10 blades came with razor)
Shaving Oil: Tree Hut
Rating: Perfect 10

This clone was purchased domestically with fast delivery. It came with 10 artist club "type" blades in a cheap unprinted white box. The build quality on this clone is exceptional. The parts fit perfectly and engage well. The blade exposure is a tad more than what I see in my half-blade shavettes. For me, the extra exposure makes the razor more workable, especially for fine work outlining my beard. This is my first time using this razor, blade and oil. These no-name blades are sharp! No tugging, no irritation or rash. When purchased separately, they are branded as "Feather Cut Special Platinum Coated Edge", 10 for $7.99. Using the oil, the blade slid nicely on the surface of the skin. No complaints here.

clone.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Gillette 1965 Flair Tip Super Speed
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Vulfix - Boar & Badger 21mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Spearhead Shaving - Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving - Seaforth! Heather (toner)
C0D138A4-F731-4509-A0B6-8469286F6038.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Screeby Comfort Shave
I’ve been going with gentle shavers my last few outings just to give my face a break and time to heal all those niggling nicks and cuts from my (experimental) shaves. I noticed Screeby has been enjoying the hell out of his Shark blade and black handle Superspeed so I decided to join him. I already had a Shark blade with two shaves notched on it looking for some action. I had my black handled SS in my fist, and at the last moment I had a pang of guilt for stealing Screeby’s Combo, so I switched to my silver handled SS instead. I’m not sure how much difference there is between them. Anyway, a wonderful BBS shave that left my face feeling like it came from the spa.

The redesign of Seaforth! Heather by Spearhad Shaving is a masterpiece. Just a small bit mixed me up a bowl of perfect mayonnaise textured lather that gave me perfect coverage and protective glide. They also modernized this classic scent and removed the outdated heaviness and left a nice light fougère. The Aftershave seems to have good legs. I slapped some on yesterday after my shower and I could smell hints of it all day long.

Two outings in a row from my scruffy little badger/boar Vulfix brush. I’m really starting to take a liking to this little outcast of a brush.

Stop and smell the roses fougère

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 18th 2020

Razor: Schick injector J1- MFG 1957-64- milder mid range, excellent daily driver for some folks.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (2) very sharp, longevity and smooths out over time.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- nice scent with great lather qualities. (First tub spent)
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia- Excellent brush for making lather with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: great shave with my Schick J1 injector.

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 17th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap (brushless)
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Inferno
Brush: Fendrihan Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Kai SS (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Yesterday's morning's shave was so good and close that the Mamba made short work of the new growth...DFS/BBS. On a very pleasant note, Bootlegger's El Dorado is the perfect compliment to Goodfellas' Smile Inferno...absolutely perfect.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Have a blessed Sunday.

Kit 20201018.jpg

Ha.

While I am happy you had yourself a great shave today, don't not use a piece of equipment because I have been using something like it.

Let 'er rip my man.

That's why we all post here, to see other things, combos and mesh that knowledge with our own.

IMO

KM

Razor: Gillette 1965 Flair Tip Super Speed
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Vulfix - Boar & Badger 21mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Spearhead Shaving - Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving - Seaforth! Heather (toner)
View attachment 1170310
Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Screeby Comfort Shave
I’ve been going with gentle shavers my last few outings just to give my face a break and time to heal all those niggling nicks and cuts from my (experimental) shaves. I noticed Screeby has been enjoying the hell out of his Shark blade and black handle Superspeed so I decided to join him. I already had a Shark blade with two shaves notched on it looking for some action. I had my black handled SS in my fist, and at the last moment I had a pang of guilt for stealing Screeby’s Combo, so I switched to my silver handled SS instead. I’m not sure how much difference there is between them. Anyway, a wonderful BBS shave that left my face feeling like it came from the spa.

The redesign of Seaforth! Heather by Spearhad Shaving is a masterpiece. Just a small bit mixed me up a bowl of perfect mayonnaise textured lather that gave me perfect coverage and protective glide. They also modernized this classic scent and removed the outdated heaviness and left a nice light fougère. The Aftershave seems to have good legs. I slapped some on yesterday after my shower and I could smell hints of it all day long.

Two outings in a row from my scruffy little badger/boar Vulfix brush. I’m really starting to take a liking to this little outcast of a brush.

Stop and smell the roses fougère

Today is day 5 with the first run with a Shark blade. My cream today is a loaner and my first attempt with TOBS. My coworker had it and he told me to try it as his wife has told him to never use it as it smells like old man.

It does. Something is off in the scent. I had my wife smell it and she said the same thing. I having never used this brand before had to give it a go regardless. I even kinda leaned into the "old man" a bit and splashed some PC Special Reserve. The wife noticed...

One little nick from being careless which will Rob me from another +9.0 score. Other then that spot, just an outstanding shave and the combo of face products makes my face feel great.

8.4/10

KM

PXL_20201018_151918291.jpg

Top Bottom