What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Perfect cream and razor 10/10

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil liquid soap

Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- TOBS

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Treet
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Copy of u.jpg

Today's shave

Razor: Gillette 1915 Single Ring
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (1)
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Omega 10065 boar
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Rating: 10/10 :thumbup:

A great BBS shave with Tabac followed by Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve hit the spot on a crisp Saturday morning!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 17th, Sat, 2020,-10C or 7F this Sat morning in Northern Alberta Canada.

Razor: Gillette New long comb, Canadian variant-Mfg 1930's NDC, Excellent mid range>.
Blade: GSB (4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville, great scent with great lather qualities. Last of tub for one more shave hopefully!
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather creator, good back bone + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers =Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb with a GSB.

OCtober 17th, Sat, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

Razor: Gillette 1907 Model Single Ring
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten
cartoon1602873478654.jpg

Razor: 1966 Gillette Slim Adjustable, set on 5 today
Blade: Czech Blades Tiger Platinum Stainless (3)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Rating: 9.8

This morning's shave on 3 days of growth. Smooth-as-glass BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes; no nicks, but some burning on the neck. I had to really use some pressure to cut through the stubble today - these Tiger blades are definitely not very sharp, but the upside is that they don't nick me.

The Slim gives me similar results to the Fatboy, and I cannot notice any difference post shave. I prefer the Fatboy to the Slim because of its thicker handle and overall balance, but I can't really recommend one over the other. The Slim does appear to be slightly less aggressive than the Fatboy, using setting 5 on both for comparison.

Quote Reply

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Splash of hot water
Lather of TOBS sandalwood soap with Kent BK4
Three passes with a Crystal (25) in an EJ DE89
Shower
Splashed on 4711 cologne as aftershave

10/10...comfortable and BBS. You can't ask for a better shave. This blade is kind of freaking me out!

Day 4 of the Shark blade yields another +9.0 shave. While my results are far above average I think I need to get through a tuck of these before I speak to highly but this correct blade has been a crazy awesome surprise.

I kept it in the black handle SS and will until it dies as I use this razor the most and is my best for trying a new blade, for me.

The badger again builds a nicer larger then the boar.

9.2/10

KM

PXL_20201017_122845080.jpg

Razor: Gillette New Type LC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (0)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2
Lather: Speick
Result: 10/10

2 x XTG to a very smooth DFS. Been on a Simpsons kick lately, and I think I may found the perfect knot geometry, size and handle for my face-lathering needs. It was a little scritchy on its first use, but this little brush holds tons of water, makes tons of lather quickly, has just the right circumference, and paints very well without hogging lather whatsoever. A thin bit of stick film gave me 2 perfect passes with plenty left over for touch-ups in no time at all. The razor, blade, and soap are the usual rockstars. Great shave day.

As a side note, I have been taking my razor apart and cleaning it with Ivory soap and an old toothbrush after every shave. This brass razor has been used roughly 10 times since cleaning and polishing it with Flitz, and it is showing no sign of patina whatsoever. Love me some brass!

IMG_0114.jpeg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Saturday morning shave

Razor: Rich Leukroth Empire State
brush: Boar
Soap: Omega cream

This is a great razor I bought online that really needed work. Its just a great shaver. Omega cream was a great value, the tube proclaims “It contains eucalyptus oil for the brush”. I’ll take it. Happy Saturday!
FB42A4ED-8E27-4E0D-9489-C17212021084.jpeg

9/10

Eben Stone

Staff member
20201017_120107.jpg

Prep: hot towel and Shave Secret
Brush: Muhle synthetic
Blade: Feather #2
Razor: Muhle R41
Soap: SV Opuntia
Aftershave: alum, Thayers rose witch hazel, SV Opuntia
3 pass: hot WTG, lukewarm XTG, cold ATG

Purposely skipped shaving yesterday just to see if the Feather blade could cut my 48 hour whiskers. Last time I tried this it was a disaster with the Feather blade, but I was riding the comb. This shave I tried riding the cap. Turned out much better. Just a few little weepers. For some reason I thought it would be OK to go over a little bump, nope.

No tugging: 5
No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 4.5
DFS++

9.75/10

My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller​
Two pass shave​
Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8 Full Hollow Spanish Point​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted (‘rotten wood‘) Maple w/ Full Moon Synthetic 26mm​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 9.0/10 Very nice shave. A couple of nicks. Hint of irritation, but I think that was do to wind burn from mowing.

Razor - Ralf Aust 5/8 Round tip
Brush - Maggards Synthetic
Soap - Declaration Grooming Shore
Post Shave - Thayers

Today was day 3 of using my Ralf Aust 5/8. Today's shave was a 7/10 but I tried a few new things to see if they improved the shave. Overall my best SR shaving to date, but it will take more time and practice for it to be close to my current DE shaving with my Karve or my Red Tip.
saturday-sotd.jpg

36-hour beard

Fatip Open Comb Slant (FOCS); not sure which blade, possibly one of the Personnas (2)

La Toja stick

APShaveCo synthetic brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Didn't plan to shave until 48 hours, but things changed, and I took the opportunity. No shower, but the hot face towel routine over a little La Toja as a pre-shave; then face-lathered and wielded the Italian face-planer. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, ATG; pass 3, XTG on throat only and cleanup. One tiny pin-dot of blood on the lower lip (when will I learn not to try for BBS there???), easily styptic-penciled away. No irritation, near BBS; a 9.6.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #9
20201016_114901~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (4)
Brush: Heritage Ever-Ready 200 (Maggard 22mm SHD 2-Band Badger)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman VIBR
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

WTG, ATG, XTG plus minor touch-up using the Vector OC.

DFS++ (BBS except the "Fool's Pass" area) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Smooth, effortless, efficient and effective. This shave was as good as my first shave with the Vector OC - absolutely superb. 😎

Top Bottom