What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Karve Brass SB A plate
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin soap face wash & Crown Pre Shave
Brush: Zenith Kotibe Wood Premium Silvertip Shave Brush 24.5 mm P9
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Stick, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.0/10 Very good two pass BBS shave. Tried to buff too many spots on chin and got weepers, totally my fault. Feel I got overconfident today with the Karve and went too fast.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, Fri, Sept25th 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> great mid range'
Blade: Personna red (6) excellent blade with my slants, good longevity + sharp +& smooth.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice scent & one of my favorites with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm syn- excellent for a scrub and is as close to my omega boar brush feel,Soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant.

DE SOTD, Fri, Sept 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Slantember, Fri, Sept25th 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> great mid range'
Blade: Personna red (6) excellent blade with my slants, good longevity + sharp +& smooth.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice scent & one of my favorites with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm syn- excellent for a scrub and is as close to my omega boar brush feel,Soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant.

DE SOTD, Fri, Sept 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times.

Is that Pinaud Clubman in a glass bottle? Looks cool! Love it!

1601048120318.jpeg

Brush: Paladin PK-47 L6
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Razor: Gillette Superspeed, Blue tip
Blade: Astra SP

9/10: Exceptional shave. I should not be surprised that this razor works so well, since I enjoy the lower settings of the Slim Adjustable. This was crazy comfortable and crazy close.

A 9 rating is very high for me, but honestly, part of why this shave is downgraded is because of my increasing annoyance with how much work is required from this Paladin.

Razor: Above the Tie R1 with Kronos handle, vintage 2014 model from the Stan era
Blade: Personna US Lab Blue, with the old blue wrapper; 2014? (2)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic, medium (21mm)
Soap: Cella, red tub
Rating: 9.75

This morning's shave on 2 days of growth. Smooth as glass BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No burning or irritation, but two painless nicks below the lower lip: one was a mystery, and the other was due to my user error of exerting pressure with this very heavy razor.

Shave of the Day
Pre-shave: Shower
Razor: Pre-War Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock
Brush: WildWest 24mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot (Blue Swirl)
Soap: Capt's Choice Bay Rum
Bowl/Mug: collapsible dog food bowl
Post Shave: Capt's Choice Balm/The Ordinary hyaluronic acid
AS: Capt's Choice a bit after my shave

Back in Auburn, so another travel shave.
I love using this Pre-War Tech, that I found at a flea mall here in Auburn. It was in sad shape, and Chris at RozorPlate got it all cleaned up and re-plated it.

The WildWest brush made quick work of making a nice lather.

Great shave!
IMG_5860.JPG

Razor: Schick L1 Injector Razor (Warner-Lambert)
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten
PSX_20200924_082922.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Friday morning shave

Razor: Dovo
Brush: Badger
Soap: Castle Forbes 1445 cream

A better result after re applying chromium oxide to the linen side and going through the stropping progression. I’m flying blind here but the blade felt marginally sharper. A good shave nonetheless although hacked the old chin a wee bit, minor. Clubman Friday lives, enjoy!
A9ECEE98-1E63-49E1-A158-BC9467509732.jpeg

8/10

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ a little conditioner on my whiskers​
Two-and-a-half pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Schick Krona DE​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24 mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm​

Rating: 9.2/10 Excellent shave! No nicks! No irritation!
  • Although a very nice and close shave, I was expecting a little better for the effort I put into it
  • I like this razor; only my second time using it
  • The Col Conk soap worked really well once again
proxy.php

JCarr

Shave #2...Shavette practice!

Rating: 7.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR brushless shave soap Bay Rum scent
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: Feather SS Artist Club shavette Japanese style
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Cat-o-Nine Tails

Another lesson. Two nicks that needed an application of the alum block. Did very good for my first crack at neck cross grain. Feeling things out still, but the experience was a little more pleasant. Was still fairly smooth in spots from this morning's shave. Now I'm BBS.

Happy shaves, Everyone.

Apologies for the twenty questions. Where do you purchase these handles?
I purchased mine second hand on BST. They show up some on BST, just keep checking & one will show up. There hopefully will start being some again on his eBay store. Try searching ebay for TiBam razor handles. I believe he's been out-of-stock for a while though because of the pandemic. He's located in Russia, so shipping around the world these past 6 months has been extremely slow. It's my understanding he has chosen to not sell during this time. Someone please add to this, I certainly don't know very much.

JCarr

I purchased mine second hand on BST. They show up some on BST, just keep checking & one will show up. There hopefully will start being some again on his eBay store. Try searching ebay for TiBam razor handles. I believe he's been out-of-stock for a while though because of the pandemic. He's located in Russia, so shipping around the world these past 6 months has been extremely slow. It's my understanding he has chosen to not sell during this time. Someone please add to this, I certainly don't know very much.

Thanks for your help. I just found one that was really nice on eBay for a reasonable price and bought it. Appreciate the help.

Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Shaving Soap with eucalyptus oil and menthol

One nick. No irritation. No itching.
Very close and pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.7/10

Top Bottom